Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Which match is this ? The Forest one ? Did the ball even cross the line ( ref didn’t seem to go to his wrist ) ? And the player looked offside ?

Edit - seen the replay - very tough decision to make but I think it was just about right to disallow the goal

ball crossed the line and in the modern game player wouldnbt be adjudged to be interfering (ludicrous if you ask me, how cant he be)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone watching the refs performance in the WBA and Forest game.
Probably one of the worst referees and linesman’s performance I’ve seen for a while.
Fantastic game though.
Livermore defo a red for me.
Goal at the end for me,both on the floor from a previous challenge and the ball over the line.

D

Deleted member 15344

ball crossed the line and in the modern game player wouldnbt be adjudged to be interfering (ludicrous if you ask me, how cant he be)

The lack of red card for Livermore was prob the worst call of the match , the foul of Ameobi clear as day as well. Not a great day from the ref

D

Deleted member 15344

Livermore be lucky if that isnt revisited after the match! missed clear pen for Forest for handball too
Sorry yes the handball as well - apparently the ref noticed the Livermore incident so can’t be revisited ?

4LEX

Visit site
“Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today’s announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber,” their statement said.

“The club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

“In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver.

“The club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.

“Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.”

Oh dear. Arrogant and in denial.

Football has always self regulated and acted in the same manner. Imagine if every decision made by UEFA or each individual league was externally handled by the courts.... :rolleyes:

City have done a lot good for football especially in Manchester and have spent the money well. However theres no doubt large amounts of it were gained direct from the owners and various scams were used to cheat FFP with regard to extortionate sponsorship deals way above market value.

City have to tow this line and take whatever punishment they get with bad grace. I suspect it'll be a one season ban with an increased fine.

Hopefully PSG are next.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
My issue with VAR and offside is a simple one. The player has to be able to look along the line and see he is on or offside. Any attacker looking along the line and trying to gauge if he is on or off is not possible if the refereee cannot do it without lines and graphics, now if players have heads up displays showing the relevant information I would have no issues but how the hell a player looks over and sees a defender 20 m away and can tell half his boot is off is not possible but the measure to this is a computer with tech to confirm that is not how it should be.

The player is using his eyes, the referee and lines use their eyes and the final decision is made by computers with multiple angles and lines and mostly they are still not 100% sure. Anyone saying well he is off so it's off is really missing the point, who the hell knows without a bloody computer.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I am not defending Man City but FFP does stink and is aimed at keeping those at the top there and restricting those wishing to join it by limiting spending.

I do not understand how the Glazers can borrow £500 million against Man Utd to buy them (leveraged buyout) and this is all good and well but the richest Person in the world cannot spend a tiny amount of his money on his club to catch up those at the top.

FFP means it is now all but impossible for really rich people or companies to come in a spend lots of money on a club over a period of time. THis suppossed to protect clubs from dodgy owner coming in a spending money they do not have but as lower league teams are showing the shisters come in, remove the money and screw the clubs over, think Bury, Leyton Orient etc.

FFP and fit to own a club do not work. It's a monopoly for the top clubs in Europe and no way to join them and very little protection for those at the bottom. I mean the big clubs already have the biggest incomes and the biggest fan base and the most income so continue to spend more, those that don't regardless of how much stuff they win just cannot grow to the size of the top clubs which have grown over many years and also cannot spend as much. It must be like playing with one leg tied behind your back

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am not defending Man City but FFP does stink and is aimed at keeping those at the top there and restricting those wishing to join it by limiting spending.

I do not understand how the Glazers can borrow £500 million against Man Utd to buy them (leveraged buyout) and this is all good and well but the richest Person in the world cannot spend a tiny amount of his money on his club to catch up those at the top.

FFP means it is now all but impossible for really rich people or companies to come in a spend lots of money on a club over a period of time. THis suppossed to protect clubs from dodgy owner coming in a spending money they do not have but as lower league teams are showing the shisters come in, remove the money and screw the clubs over, think Bury, Leyton Orient etc.

FFP and fit to own a club do not work. It's a monopoly for the top clubs in Europe and no way to join them and very little protection for those at the bottom. I mean the big clubs already have the biggest incomes and the biggest fan base and the most income so continue to spend more, those that don't regardless of how much stuff they win just cannot grow to the size of the top clubs which have grown over many years and also cannot spend as much. It must be like playing with one leg tied behind your back

To simplify things.
Man Utds owners take money out of football.
Man City’s owners put money into football.

There is a lot about football at the moment that is wrong. You can if found guilty (after appeal) put Man City in with that. But re City. At the moment they are found guilty of rules that were put in place to protect the top table. chuck in Var, agents fees, World Cups in Middle East no doubt paid for, corruption in FIFA and UEFA. Yup the beautiful game is in a bad place at the moment.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To simplify things.
Man Utds owners take money out of football.
Man City’s owners put money into football.

There is a lot about football at the moment that is wrong. You can if found guilty (after appeal) put Man City in with that. But re City. At the moment they are found guilty of rules that were put in place to protect the top table. chuck in Var, agents fees, World Cups in Middle East no doubt paid for, corruption in FIFA and UEFA. Yup the beautiful game is in a bad place at the moment.
It’s not all bad .
If KDB fancies CL footy next year Liverpool might have him.
He’s the only one though, we’re not a charity.;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good win .
But it’s hard to play in that wind.
Norwich played well in first half ,some good runs from the strikers but the balls never got played to them.
Mane finish was brilliant ,in a game of very few chances that’s what you need.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have to love the sky hyperbole, they confidently announced before the game that runaway leaders and champs elect Liverpool (24 wins from 25 games) would have to be at their very best to beat bottom of the table Norwich (4 wins from 25 games).

Was funny watching Carragher lauding the worlds best team, the worlds best keeper, the worlds best defender etc etc get less biased the longer it remained 0-0 against the leagues relegation favs. Pretty much as bad as ive seen Liverpool play this season in the league, a touch of class from Mane the difference. so much for needing to be at their very best eh!!!

D

Deleted member 1740

The Klopp Express rolls on.....

I thought we were very slow passing and in possession with the ball.

Norwich with their 10men behind the ball were very well organised and compact in the middle of the park.

15pts to go to Operation Unbearable.