Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

PSG, Real, Barcelona, Juventus immediately spring to mind ?
Still waiting for the verdict on PSG arent they ? Wouldn’t surprise me to see it being the same.

Obviously juve were relegated for their punishment

It’s Barce and Real that will continue to get away with it

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bob Paisley, ex Durham Pitman and Liverpool manager visiting Hetton Le Hole in 1977.

That was on a pits and collieries site am on.

Attachments

• 70608599-BB9E-4B78-968B-B0AE8561A638.jpeg
    70608599-BB9E-4B78-968B-B0AE8561A638.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yes they do deserve it .
But it’s a bit suspicious that no other club has ever broke these rules.?

Having a read on some of the City sites. Loads to quote but a couple that made me chuckle.

The sanctions that have been applied to City were from a committee set up by Michael Platini to stop corruption. What happened to Platini.
The charges come from when der Spiegel printed “ illegally hacked” information from City.

Think it’s fair to say that City for loads of reasons ( some of which are rammel) don’t love or like the Champs league in the same way that Utd and Liverpool do. In all honesty Ave done a couple of champs league nights and they have been either fantastic or had the same atmosphere as a midweek league cup game.
quite looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having a read on some of the City sites. Loads to quote but a couple that made me chuckle.

The sanctions that have been applied to City were from a committee set up by Michael Platini to stop corruption. What happened to Platini.
The charges come from when der Spiegel printed “ illegally hacked” information from City.

Think it’s fair to say that City for loads of reasons ( some of which are rammel) don’t love or like the Champs league in the same way that Utd and Liverpool do. In all honesty Ave done a couple of champs league nights and they have been either fantastic or had the same atmosphere as a midweek league cup game.
quite looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.
Not really bothered by who did what .
But it’s not good when it’s overlooked at some clubs but not others.
It’s Laughable that this can happen in plain sight.

D

Deleted member 1418

i don’t think anyone is saying he’ll be sacked. It’s more that he will want to leave. The CL is what he wants to win. PSG or Juve to continue his “legacy“ of collected easy trophies.

Will surely be PSG seeing as Inter are challenging Juve; and even Bayern have serious challengers in Germany!! ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

It's a points dedication in the league isn't it? Unless it's best part of 40 points which it won't be, then what difference will it make when their league position can't earn the CL footy.
Guess depends on if they look at a punishement for each year - Rugby bosses were praised for the way they dealt with Saracens - maybe now Football bosses are catching up ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It will go through the CAS and I imagine the sanction will sit for the start of next season but I imagine there is still going to be arguments and issues around this and I am really hope Barca and Real finally get called to account along with PSG.
loo
On the plus side, a season without any distractions could be a real benefit and City can focus purely and simply on the PL and really look to take the title back off Liverpool. I think this has a long way to run

D

Deleted member 1740

This investigation has taken 3yrs, I’m pretty certain UEFA will have ticked every box to make sure this is bullet proof.I will be very surprised if this ban gets overturned.

D

Deleted member 1740

Do they have same criteria?

how much is two years of CL worth? Clubs are allowed a percentage of external investment aren’t they. It’s the massive amounts they had previously that caused it.
Some of their biggest investors are basically the owners companies. They won’t have a non cl qualification punishment I imagine. So that’ll help.

I’d expect so, though looking at the way VAR is being used I wouldn’t hold my breath!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw it there and then again when I got home, I'm still baffled by it.
I've seen the pictures and lines this morning and it's another nonsense one. It's yet another decision that brings VAR into disrepute.

When we know that 5th place could now give a CL place decisions like that have huge consequences.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've watched it again and it was directly from the corner.
I'm only going off what is shown on the web this morning. If you Google it all the pictures and lines being shown are 1m-2m from the goal line. That wouldn't be the case if it was direct from the corner. Saying all that, I didn't watch it last night, haven't heard explanations so I could well be wrong.