Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That post was going so well til the last sentence. FFP set up by UEFA/ Platini to protect who. The game or the top table. The very organisation that is corrupt to the core. Instigate rules to prevent anyone else for dining with Europe’s elite. Like I say, if after all this is done City end up with a ban. It’s a ban from a competition that no City fan is bothered about (unless they win it). A 25million fine. That’s a slap on the wrist.
like I say, there’s a smell around football that ain’t going away very soon.
It does seem very strange that the authorities in football Can ban one club yet turn a blind eye to others.
Not sure about your fans not being bothered about the CL!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It does seem very strange that the authorities in football Can ban one club yet turn a blind eye to others.
Not sure about your fans not being bothered about the CL!!

There’s always been a love hate relationship with City fans and UEFA. To be honest I think it gets under Peps skin a bit.

D

Deleted member 15344

I am not defending Man City but FFP does stink and is aimed at keeping those at the top there and restricting those wishing to join it by limiting spending.

I do not understand how the Glazers can borrow £500 million against Man Utd to buy them (leveraged buyout) and this is all good and well but the richest Person in the world cannot spend a tiny amount of his money on his club to catch up those at the top.

FFP means it is now all but impossible for really rich people or companies to come in a spend lots of money on a club over a period of time. THis suppossed to protect clubs from dodgy owner coming in a spending money they do not have but as lower league teams are showing the shisters come in, remove the money and screw the clubs over, think Bury, Leyton Orient etc.

FFP and fit to own a club do not work. It's a monopoly for the top clubs in Europe and no way to join them and very little protection for those at the bottom. I mean the big clubs already have the biggest incomes and the biggest fan base and the most income so continue to spend more, those that don't regardless of how much stuff they win just cannot grow to the size of the top clubs which have grown over many years and also cannot spend as much. It must be like playing with one leg tied behind your back
428DD690-5BA0-4CA5-AF00-0670B3A1DD15.jpeg

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a really valid point. There should be a FFP to protect clubs too. Man United have been raped for 15 years and no one has said a thing. Yet the second Woodward gets a few idiots outside his house theres outrage. The Glazers have stolen billions from one of English footballs greatest clubs and nothing has been done. Woodward has been guilty of faciliating the scam and he's now overseeing the operation behind his 3m a year salary. This guy should be kicked out of football for good by any means. The same is going on at Arsenal but the fans are too melty to complain. A once great club resorting to nomark managers and loan signings as the pounds roll in. From a stadium that was sold to them to compete with Europe's elite - now they can't even finish in the Top 6. Sad and depressing as someone that grew up watching the great United and Arsenal sides.

But City still lied and defrauded the rules and should face the fines. The FA should strip them of their 2012 and 2014 titles and give them to United and Liverpool.
A lot of pie in the sky nonsense there isn’t it

“Raped” ?!

Stolen Billions ?!? - sorry but how can the owners “steal” from their own club - and have you got any proof of this - or do you mean the £1bn they have spent on players in the last 10 years

D

Deleted member 1740

A lot of pie in the sky nonsense there isn’t it

“Raped” ?!

Stolen Billions ?!? - sorry but how can the owners “steal” from their own club - and have you got any proof of this - or do you mean the £1bn they have spent on players in the last 10 years

No Phil, he means the debt that has been placed on Yernited directly by the Glazers who have done this to buy the club with very little of their own money.

If you believe the Glazers have spent £1bn on players then you're deluded.

The Glazers are doing exactly what H&G attempted to do to us.

I hate Yernited but I do have sympathy
For some of the fans.

D

Deleted member 15344

No Phil, he means the debt that has been placed on Yernited directly by the Glazers who have done this to buy the club with very little of their own money.

If you believe the Glazers have spent £1bn on players then you're deluded.

The Glazers are doing exactly what H&G attempted to do to us.

I hate Yernited but I do have sympathy
For some of the fans.

Then blame the guys who sold it to them - the club have spent a billion on players in the last 10 years - they used a leveraged buyout of loans - the club do have debt on them but it’s not “harming” the club - poor football decisions is

Many weren’t crying about it when they were spending fortunes on players and they were winning titles and CL under the management

As soon as that stopped because of the poor decisions being made on the football side then the focus turns to the owners

Their finances are very healthy

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd read this previously, and what I took from it, in relation to City's objection of UEFA being judge & jury, simply isn't the case, well not wholly anyway, as the Belgium (ex) prime minister, as mentioned in that editorial, 'independently' found City in breach, and UEFA have acted on that independent report, so City's whining about it being a witch hunt solely by UEFA doesn't hold water, imo

I think I've read also that City won't accept any deal, they want exonerating or it looks like 2 years expulsion, not sure if that's brave or stupid....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Klopp Express rolls on.....

I thought we were very slow passing and in possession with the ball.

Norwich with their 10men behind the ball were very well organised and compact in the middle of the park.

15pts to go to Operation Unbearable.

Unfortunately, Stu, that started some while ago. :cry:

D

Deleted member 1740

Then blame the guys who sold it to them - the club have spent a billion on players in the last 10 years - they used a leveraged buyout of loans - the club do have debt on them but it’s not “harming” the club - poor football decisions is

Many weren’t crying about it when they were spending fortunes on players and they were winning titles and CL under the management

As soon as that stopped because of the poor decisions being made on the football side then the focus turns to the owners

Hindsights a wonderful thing Phil, impossible to blame the former owners as I’m pretty certain the Glazers never told them how they’d fund the club going forward.

The debt on the club is harming them, it’s only going to get worse as they digress with OGS and no CL football.

This type of football club ownership should be outlawed.

The fight we put up to H&G was a tough one, it split the support and it was a worrying time for many of us Because we didn’t want to lose our football club.

Others though preferred to blame Rafa and Lucas.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hindsights a wonderful thing Phil, impossible to blame the former owners as I’m pretty certain the Glazers never told them how they’d fund the club going forward.

The debt on the club is harming them, it’s only going to get worse as they digress with OGS and no CL football.

The fight we put up to H&G was a tough one, it split the support and it was a worrying time for many of us Because we didn’t want to lose our football club.

People still point fingers at our current owners because they don’t dip into their pockets to spend £100mil on a player

The Glazier model isn’t a nice model - but they did it knowing that the revenue that UTD make commercially etc more than covers any repayments etc. They haven’t been financially crippled because of the loans due to already being a strong commercial place plus the match revenue.

When H&G tired to do it with us we were in no way in a place to service any loans hence it massively affected us - UTD whilst still having about £200mil debt in loans are still able to function and spend very well on players - a massive amount has been spent on players over the years - it’s just been poorly spent which is why they are in a poor place but they will still bring in massive amount of external revenue to cover any losses. As I said no one cared when they were winning PL and CL with the debt on the club ( a lot more than now ) but when they stopped winning stuff that’s when people start looking at the ownership - Utd’s issue is down to poor decisions on a football side , those loans will be fully serviced in a couple of years

But I agree it shouldn’t be allowed to happen in regards the loan debt placed on the club

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not on such a big scale but the David's have slowly over 10 years ruined our club

Yes we could have gone under but their model has proven to be awful.

They replaced loans from the banks with loans to themsleves .. saying we saved the clubs millions in interest but really they saw the chance to cream some cash off.. the % they charged the club was more than they would get leaving that money in the bank. For zero risk.

They moved us to a rented stadium and sold off our long term home. Yet was this money overly invested in the team? Not really.

Look deep into the transfers and you see short term loans.. players sold off to balance the books

The summer just past we spent 45 million (really about 35 ) on Haller yet the amount of players they sold to trim down the overal cost of running the club in wages etc was crimal. Not replaced and now they are proper scared of going down so were forced into buying players in January.

They have finally been called out by the press and sky .. soon as they do they threaten legal action. Same when we tried to sign a player from Porto was it .. the owner called them out.. they threaten legal action

I should move from they.. it's him. Sullivan. Gold seems just a nice guy who's getting his pension..it's gold who presses on with stupid deals. big Sam alluded to it on the radio saying he would highlight his targets and Sullivan would bring in another striker.. if he didn't work out was Sam's fault .. if he worked out Sullivan was a genuius

Happened under bilic when Antonio was playing RB. He wasn't happy but was playing anyways.. Sullivan got wind and issued a statement that he would never play RB again.. under mining his then manager

Any wonder payet wanted out when he was promised top signings when he moved to the OS but we get zaza on loan and he still lining up with noble ...

I hope they sell soon.

The one thing they unit is the support against them

D

Deleted member 1740

Not on such a big scale but the David's have slowly over 10 years ruined our club

Yes we could have gone under but their model has proven to be awful.

They replaced loans from the banks with loans to themsleves .. saying we saved the clubs millions in interest but really they saw the chance to cream some cash off.. the % they charged the club was more than they would get leaving that money in the bank. For zero risk.

They moved us to a rented stadium and sold off our long term home. Yet was this money overly invested in the team? Not really.

Look deep into the transfers and you see short term loans.. players sold off to balance the books

The summer just past we spent 45 million (really about 35 ) on Haller yet the amount of players they sold to trim down the overal cost of running the club in wages etc was crimal. Not replaced and now they are proper scared of going down so were forced into buying players in January.

They have finally been called out by the press and sky .. soon as they do they threaten legal action. Same when we tried to sign a player from Porto was it .. the owner called them out.. they threaten legal action

I should move from they.. it's him. Sullivan. Gold seems just a nice guy who's getting his pension..it's gold who presses on with stupid deals. big Sam alluded to it on the radio saying he would highlight his targets and Sullivan would bring in another striker.. if he didn't work out was Sam's fault .. if he worked out Sullivan was a genuius

Happened under bilic when Antonio was playing RB. He wasn't happy but was playing anyways.. Sullivan got wind and issued a statement that he would never play RB again.. under mining his then manager

Any wonder payet wanted out when he was promised top signings when he moved to the OS but we get zaza on loan and he still lining up with noble ...

I hope they sell soon.

The one thing they unit is the support against them

Am I wrong in saying both David’s haven’t took a penny out of the club in Dividends/wages?

We’ve had to do that in previous years, Alonso,Torres, Coutinho to name a few. There’s also the FFP rules that are to be adhered to.

D

Deleted member 16999

FFP in principal was sound, it was intended to stop Clubs going in to debt and managing on revenue produced by the Club.

Some Clubs have managed that, but not every Club started on a level plane.

It now virtually guarantees any Club getting a sugar daddy and buying success unless they are already established at the top.

Bournemouth for example could never be bought by a multi billionaire and compete with the big boys in the time scale City did it under ffp, but why not? Why shouldn’t they have that opportunity if it came along?

As for the City signed up to the FFP rules, every Club did, they had no choice.

D

Deleted member 1740

People still point fingers at our current owners because they don’t dip into their pockets to spend £100mil on a player

The Glazier model isn’t a nice model - but they did it knowing that the revenue that UTD make commercially etc more than covers any repayments etc. They haven’t been financially crippled because of the loans due to already being a strong commercial place plus the match revenue.

When H&G tired to do it with us we were in no way in a place to service any loans hence it massively affected us - UTD whilst still having about £200mil debt in loans are still able to function and spend very well on players - a massive amount has been spent on players over the years - it’s just been poorly spent which is why they are in a poor place but they will still bring in massive amount of external revenue to cover any losses. As I said no one cared when they were winning PL and CL with the debt on the club ( a lot more than now ) but when they stopped winning stuff that’s when people start looking at the ownership - Utd’s issue is down to poor decisions on a football side , those loans will be fully serviced in a couple of years

But I agree it shouldn’t be allowed to happen in regards the loan debt placed on the club

For now. A few more seasons without success/CL then it will/could cripple them.

Thats natural For most businesses , not many are going to be too concerned when they’re winning. They only come under real scrutiny by many when the going gets tough.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Sorry but that wasnt the case at all. The glaziers have never been lauded by Utd fans.

If anything their fans used to imagine just how dominate they'd have been if they weren't hampered by the debt.

I agree that now it's footballing decisions that is the issue, but to claim that it was all rosey re fan support before fergie left is false.