Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Why would anyone cheat to give themselves a more difficult goalscoring chance? (penalty vs open goal)

Is a very very good question, but still seems to happen a lot.... last night an example of it.

D

Deleted member 15344

If the goalie grabs the player's leg with his hand it's a foul. It's really that simple lads.

The still shows he “grabbed” his leg - the video of the actual incident shows it was more of light slap - but why does he start to go down before the hand touched the leg ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The still shows he “grabbed” his leg - the video of the actual incident shows it was more of light slap - but why does he start to go down before the hand touched the leg ?
If somebody lunged across your path while you were running you wouldn't flinch I take it? Just plow on robotically, never deviating. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

If somebody lunged across your path while you were running you wouldn't flinch I take it? Just plow on robotically, never deviating. :rolleyes:

Flinch ? He dived down ? Why didn’t he jump over the arm and then have a clear run onto goal ?

He expected the keeper to wipe him out and started to go down - there was slight touch on him from the hand but he was already on his way down - he dived , he isn’t the only one to do it - many other players do the same.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you anticipate a foul, is it any less of a foul?
Many a leg has been saved doing this.
It makes you laugh though doesn’t it slating Son when Mo Salah dives in the box when someone lightly touch his shoulder (soon forgotten though) I’m mean how blinkered are some people.
Every team has them pure and simple.
Everyone is cheating it’s just a mentality of can I get away with it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Flinch ? He dived down ? Why didn’t he jump over the arm and then have a clear run onto goal ?

He expected the keeper to wipe him out and started to go down - there was slight touch on him from the hand but he was already on his way down - he dived , he isn’t the only one to do it - many other players do the same.
Jump over an arm.. which was near enough waist height?? I know he's athletic but that really would be impressive.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In other news... that Newcastle fan who got his willy out when they scored has been banned for life, while a Bournemouth fan who shouted racist abuse has been banned for three years. Just goes to show you what type of men are running the FA. Surely those punishments are the wrong way round? How can you deem someone waving their willy as worse than racially abusing someone? Utterly wrong.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In other news... that Newcastle fan who got his willy out when they scored has been banned for life, while a Bournemouth fan who shouted racist abuse has been banned for three years. Just goes to show you what type of men are running the FA. Surely those punishments are the wrong way round? How can you deem someone waving their willy as worse than racially abusing someone? Utterly wrong.

The Bournemouth fan was a child

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Children's sentences are normally less severe as they are young and impressionable .. niave aswell
Yeah I get that in a court of law. haven't seen the case Tbh, but for me. If we are soft on certain things then who does it deter.
if some kids saw their mate punished for life (bearing in mind it’s only missing football for life) maybe they’d think again.

just googled. The ”kid” is 17. That’s more than old enough to be treated harshly

D

Deleted member 1740

They're as bad as each other imo. Maybe the latter is far too lenient on this occasion but if you think indecently exposing yourself in a vicinity with women and children in is a “lesser” crime, then i think you need to see someone as you’re utterly wrong.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I get that in a court of law. haven't seen the case Tbh, but for me. If we are soft on certain things then who does it deter.
if some kids saw their mate punished for life (bearing in mind it’s only missing football for life) maybe they’d think again.

just googled. The ”kid” is 17. That’s more than old enough to be treated harshly

Not in the eyes of the law tho