Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

A Ford Mondeo might not let you down but you still wouldn't say no to Bentley. Pope is just a better keeper.
Based on what? Your opinion, league position etc, I can find stats that will show Pickford as better or worse, the fact it’s those 2 we’re discussing is sad imo. And it’s firm we should consider then the kid at Sheff Utd (Henderson) deserves a shout.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on what? Your opinion, league position etc, I can find stats that will show Pickford as better or worse, the fact it’s those 2 we’re discussing is sad imo. And it’s firm we should consider then the kid at Sheff Utd (Henderson) deserves a shout.
Yeah I forgot to mention Henderson. Wouldn't be surprised if he's statistically the best, but not having any caps yet will count against him. Could be this tournament comes too early.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might be me that still doesnt see it but what has the Ox done to justify be a starter in central midfielder for England?
Actually drives with the ball which not many others do in the England team. You could equally make this case for Maddison or Grealish though. It's a toss-up, those three. One of them should be in I think.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Actually drives with the ball which not many others do in the England team. You could equally make this case for Maddison or Grealish though. It's a toss-up, those three. One of them should be in I think.

one of them is carrying a championship standard side almost single handedly, another has been one of the stars of Leicester overachieving and the third has been cheerleading from the bench and adding the odd cameo. not sure how thats a toss up

D

Deleted member 16999

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....fa-player-of-the-year-award-20200203.amp.html

What a turnaround from him

Not so long ago Rodgers was trying to swap him for Dempsey , when we came close to winning under Rodgers , Henderson was key until he was banned for a red card with many believing him missing was key to us missing out. Since Klopp arrived he has just grown into one of our most important players and outstanding skipper - he doesn’t get enough credit for his work because it’s not the glamour work you see from the front three and rarely gets the headlines but for me he has been outstanding this season and should imo be England captain.
I’ll still be surprised if he wins Player of the Year but if he does it will be fully deserved
I actually feel sorry for Henderson, I believe he’s better when he’s got better players around him and he can be his own man knowing his team mates can perform.
With England he’s playing with lesser players and he gets unfairly highlighted, I don’t believe he’s as good as Gerrard or Lampard was as carrying a game on his own, but no one can question his workrate.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
one of them is carrying a championship standard side almost single handedly, another has been one of the stars of Leicester overachieving and the third has been cheerleading from the bench and adding the odd cameo. not sure how thats a toss up
Well Ox has the extra pace which makes him a different option to the other two. I don't think he's a guaranteed starter or anything, but we know Gareth rates him highly because he's admitted it several times. So I think if he's fit he'll get starts.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
ive not seen anything from Pope in the league that betters Pickford in goal for England. He’s made stakes too, it’s just the English way. Praise keeper, batter keeper, ruin career early and then reset.

But we all have differing views. You’d put Winks in the England team, but don’t rate Henderson. I can’t see what winks actually does but pass sideways.
Did you not see Winks ball to Son against City
Come on Dave wake up :)

Wolf

Visit site
Agreed I'd have both Grealish and Maddison ahead of Ox, even stated recently he's not a top club starter , hes a squad player against lesser teams imo

D

Deleted member 15344

Didn't say I don't rate Henderson, he deserves being in the England team - we're not exactly blessed for options. I just don't rate him as the best player in the entire league this season.

He's done well with a good team around him, but what has he actually done better than every other player in the league?? The fact is you could replace him with any number of other jack of all trades midfielders who would have done equally well - that shouldn't be the case for your player of the year.

As mentions, he never stands out for England, because he's not surrounded by the same quality of players - and he is not a stand-out player himself.

My shout for player of the year incidentally would probably be Trent, I think he has a massive shout. Huge contributions to his team, from right back - not even right wing back technically - best in his position in the league, etc. With Henderson, as well as he plays you could name 5 other Prem midfielders you'd rather have, but with Trent you'd be hard pushed to name one. Age may count against him though, as they'll likely just give him the young player award and leave it at that.

Again it just shows that you are unable to appreciate what he adds to the team

This is very good article about him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rard-jurgen-klopp-standings-a9318056.html?amp

Each season he adds more to his game , he was always accused of just passing sideways despite it being shown to be a false statement , and this year he has added a quality long pass into his game , I think he is on 5 assists now which is more than the likes of Mason Mount but if he doesn’t assist a lot of times he has played a key pass to either release a player or spray it wide.
But i suspect he will never get any credit because at lot of his work is unseen - but to state he is “bang average” is laughable imo

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It wasn’t sideways
When you talk of sideways Henderson is the king.
Have you watched Henderson lately.

I agree he used to, but he plays accurate long passes forward regularly. Whilst being more mobile than winks and has even scored a few of late. Which he did earlier in his career.

i think both could start for England, but if it’s just one. Winks isn’t even close.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you watched Henderson lately.

I agree he used to, but he plays accurate long passes forward regularly. Whilst being more mobile than winks and has even scored a few of late. Which he did earlier in his career.

i think both could start for England, but if it’s just one. Winks isn’t even close.
I never said Winks was did I.
All I said was Winks does pass forward

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Might be me that still doesnt see it but what has the Ox done to justify be a starter in central midfielder for England?

Because he plays for Liverpool, best team ever innit ?
Seriously though, I think internationally England still have the weakest midfield of all the major nations. Winks doesn't cut it for me at the minute, Grealish really? Above average player in a below average team.
I'd have Henderson in there still, he's the steady get the ball and move it on type player, I just wish we had that one or two real world class Gazza types who take you to the next level.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Because he plays for Liverpool, best team ever innit ?
Seriously though, I think internationally England still have the weakest midfield of all the major nations. Winks doesn't cut it for me at the minute, Grealish really? Above average player in a below average team.
I'd have Henderson in there still, he's the steady get the ball and move it on type player, I just wish we had that one or two real world class Gazza types who take you to the next level.

Id have Grealish at Arsenal in a hearbeat, think hes good and will only get better , especially if he had better players around him (which is why he'll prob go elsewhere lol)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Id have Grealish at Arsenal in a hearbeat, think hes good and will only get better , especially if he had better players around him (which is why he'll prob go elsewhere lol)

He seems to have been around for years, I'm of the opinion if he was any good he'd already have been snapped up by a big club. If you'd like him at Arsenal it doesn't say a great deal about your team ??

D

Deleted member 15344

He seems to have been around for years, I'm of the opinion if he was any good he'd already have been snapped up by a big club. If you'd like him at Arsenal it doesn't say a great deal about your team ??

He is only 24 and has only stayed because it’s his boyhood club, was going to go to Spurs the other year but it didn’t work out , I would take him at Liverpool , he is quality.