Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
?

I think at the end of the day what other fans think doesnt really matter but people love the extremes

On here for example it’s pretty down the middle - credit given with the odd “weakest league in living memory “ and only winning because of VAR but on the whole people are generally “best team winning etc”

But other social media outlets are hilarious in people’s desire to find an excuse or reason for Liverpool winning the league beyond them just being better than others - statman Gaz is just a drop in the ocean of the scrambling around to find reasons but again extremes even though it’s amazing the self belief people like him have. Most of the level headed fans don’t have those extremes and reading stuff that people like Diablo have posted shows that level headed reasoning is alive and well.

It is amusing to see that one season it’s City the greatest team seen in Prem history and then the next season it’s the weakest league in living memory ? head scratching but oh well going to be see great celebrations coming - who knows - unbeaten season maybe , treble ? Double ? CL ? could be the most successful season in history ?

But let’s hope it’s the start of more great things ?[/QUOTE
m
?.. Got one??

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
?

I think at the end of the day what other fans think doesnt really matter but people love the extremes

On here for example it’s pretty down the middle - credit given with the odd “weakest league in living memory “ and only winning because of VAR but on the whole people are generally “best team winning etc”

But other social media outlets are hilarious in people’s desire to find an excuse or reason for Liverpool winning the league beyond them just being better than others - statman Gaz is just a drop in the ocean of the scrambling around to find reasons but again extremes even though it’s amazing the self belief people like him have. Most of the level headed fans don’t have those extremes and reading stuff that people like Diablo have posted shows that level headed reasoning is alive and well.

It is amusing to see that one season it’s City the greatest team seen in Prem history and then the next season it’s the weakest league in living memory ? head scratching but oh well going to be see great celebrations coming - who knows - unbeaten season maybe , treble ? Double ? CL ? could be the most successful season in history ?

But let’s hope it’s the start of more great things ?[/QUOTE

The trouble is Phil you have such a short memory
In your history you have slated Arsenal,Spurs Utd Everton and more,to the extreme of saying they have the worst players and managers.
You have argued the toss so much good people have left the forum.
I said it’s the weakest league in my memory and that won’t change.
I’ve praised Klopp for what he’s done but all you’ve done is mock Oli,it will take time at Utd whoever was there including Klopp.
Take a leaf out of Stus book and enjoy your season because the the league will never be this weak again.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG ........ It's February and it's already unbearable. ;)

Seriously, what impresses me the most is the work rate of the Liverpool team off the ball, and when they are not in possetion. Reminds me of the great Barce teams of the days of Inesta, Xavi, Puyol, Ronaldinio etc. Well played. Can't take anythign away from them.

Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts.....Hopefully next year Klopp will do one to Madrid for ten times his salary and he'll buy VVD for 200 mil plus Salah & Mane for 100 mil each. You'll replace them with Mourinio, John Stones, Andy Carroll and Lukaku. :p;)

D

Deleted member 15344

OMG ........ It's February and it's already unbearable. ;)

Seriously, what impresses me the most is the work rate of the Liverpool team off the ball, and when they are not in possetion. Reminds me of the great Barce teams of the days of Inesta, Xavi, Puyol, Ronaldinio etc. Well played. Can't take anythign away from them.

Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts.....Hopefully next year Klopp will do one to Madrid for ten times his salary and he'll buy VVD for 200 mil plus Salah & Mane for 100 mil each. You'll replace them with Mourinio, John Stones, Andy Carroll and Lukaku. :p;)

Don’t forget Charlie Adam coming back ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Will you be on your knees lauding them, singing you'll never walk alone, whilst clad in a 70s sheepskin jacket, with a curly wig whilst scattering said customised liver bird petals.. If not then you're not making enough effort ?
You forgot the Tash. ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As a blue I am not worthy of singing that song, nor wearing said clothing. I will be keeping my head down, not making eye contact, distributing petals for them to walk on. I know my place.
??????when we do the retired miners do at Xmas, one of the fellow committee members goes out of the room for a fag as the crap club singer always finishes off with YNWA and the bloke follows Everton and will not listen to it. Mind you when I hear “country rd” I am the same.

D

Deleted member 1740

??????when we do the retired miners do at Xmas, one of the fellow committee members goes out of the room for a fag as the crap club singer always finishes off with YNWA and the bloke follows Everton and will not listen to it. Mind you when I hear “country rd” I am the same.

?? Imagine being that bitter over a song. Embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....fa-player-of-the-year-award-20200203.amp.html

What a turnaround from him

Not so long ago Rodgers was trying to swap him for Dempsey , when we came close to winning under Rodgers , Henderson was key until he was banned for a red card with many believing him missing was key to us missing out. Since Klopp arrived he has just grown into one of our most important players and outstanding skipper - he doesn’t get enough credit for his work because it’s not the glamour work you see from the front three and rarely gets the headlines but for me he has been outstanding this season and should imo be England captain.
I’ll still be surprised if he wins Player of the Year but if he does it will be fully deserved

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....fa-player-of-the-year-award-20200203.amp.html

What a turnaround from him

Not so long ago Rodgers was trying to swap him for Dempsey , when we came close to winning under Rodgers , Henderson was key until he was banned for a red card with many believing him missing was key to us missing out. Since Klopp arrived he has just grown into one of our most important players and outstanding skipper - he doesn’t get enough credit for his work because it’s not the glamour work you see from the front three and rarely gets the headlines but for me he has been outstanding this season and should imo be England captain.
I’ll still be surprised if he wins Player of the Year but if he does it will be fully deserved

For Liverpool it’s hard to really argue with any of that.
My reservations are more with England. He’s found a perfect role with you guys. If we lined up and played the same way at intl level, which I think we should then it’s a no brainier.

Unfortunately we have Southgate I’m charge and I’m not sure he can see how easily we could attempt to mirror your style, which imo is much more suited to the natural English game.

D

Deleted member 15344

For Liverpool it’s hard to really argue with any of that.
My reservations are more with England. He’s found a perfect role with you guys. If we lined up and played the same way at intl level, which I think we should then it’s a no brainier.

Unfortunately we have Southgate I’m charge and I’m not sure he can see how easily we could attempt to mirror your style, which imo is much more suited to the natural English game.

This is how I think England should line up if Kane is out injured

Pope

TAA
Gomez
Maguire ?
Chilwell

Rice
Henderson
Oxlade/Maddison

Sancho
Abraham/Ings
Sterling

A lot of pace , Young , skillful. Not a bad team on paper

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe City were the greatest, maybe it's now L'pool, maybe it was Utd's team of '99 or maybe the Arsenal Invincibles.
I think it's impossible to compare.
Maybe it is the EPL's weakest ever season, again it doesn't really matter and is subject to peoples' opinions.
What is fact is that this current L'pool team are absolutely superb and definitely going to be worthy champions.
I doff my cap to Klopp and his team, absolutely outstanding performance and worthy of all the plaudits coming their way.
There, I said it!
However, I do hope it never happens again! (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but Henderson player of the year?? Is this a Liverpool fan wind-up or something? Have they hijacked another Twitter poll? He is bang average but playing in a top side.

His pass success is 84.7% which is on a par with Conor Coady. His tackles per game is 2.2, the exact same as McTominay and James McArthur. Interceptions? One. Just one per game. Key passes per game? Again, just one. He excels at nothing, he is a jack of all trades nothing more. What on earth makes people think he can be the player of the year??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Pope

TAA
Gomez
Maguire ?
Chilwell

Rice
Henderson
Oxlade/Maddison

Sancho
Abraham/Ings
Sterling

Decent England team, I would say Winks in for Rice against the poorer teams though. Rice offers nothing in possession, he's only useful against stronger teams for his defensive presence.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Pope

TAA
Gomez
Maguire ?
Chilwell

Rice
Henderson
Oxlade/Maddison

Sancho
Abraham/Ings
Sterling

I’d rather we were a little more aggressive. I really don’t see much in rice yet, other than he’s meant to be a Dm so people are getting all excited about him.

Would probably keep TRex in goal as he hasn’t let England down.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A Ford Mondeo might not let you down but you still wouldn't say no to Bentley. Pope is just a better keeper.

ive not seen anything from Pope in the league that betters Pickford in goal for England. He’s made stakes too, it’s just the English way. Praise keeper, batter keeper, ruin career early and then reset.

But we all have differing views. You’d put Winks in the England team, but don’t rate Henderson. I can’t see what winks actually does but pass sideways.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’d rather we were a little more aggressive. I really don’t see much in rice yet, other than he’s meant to be a Dm so people are getting all excited about him.

Would probably keep TRex in goal as he hasn’t let England down.

The brave move would be to put a midfield of Henderson - Ox and then either Maddison or Grealish just in front.
Sorry but Henderson player of the year?? Is this a Liverpool fan wind-up or something? Have they hijacked another Twitter poll? He is bang average but playing in a top side.

His pass success is 84.7% which is on a par with Conor Coady. His tackles per game is 2.2, the exact same as McTominay and James McArthur. Interceptions? One. Just one per game. Key passes per game? Again, just one. He excels at nothing, he is a jack of all trades nothing more. What on earth makes people think he can be the player of the year??

You see that’s what happens when you judge a player based on stats - on the pitch he has been outstanding all season on either the number 8 role or number 6

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
ive not seen anything from Pope in the league that betters Pickford in goal for England. He’s made stakes too, it’s just the English way. Praise keeper, batter keeper, ruin career early and then reset.

But we all have differing views. You’d put Winks in the England team, but don’t rate Henderson. I can’t see what winks actually does but pass sideways.
Didn't say I don't rate Henderson, he deserves being in the England team - we're not exactly blessed for options. I just don't rate him as the best player in the entire league this season.

You see that’s what happens when you judge a player based on stats - on the pitch he has been outstanding all season on either the number 8 role or number 6
He's done well with a good team around him, but what has he actually done better than every other player in the league?? The fact is you could replace him with any number of other jack of all trades midfielders who would have done equally well - that shouldn't be the case for your player of the year.

As mentions, he never stands out for England, because he's not surrounded by the same quality of players - and he is not a stand-out player himself.

My shout for player of the year incidentally would probably be Trent, I think he has a massive shout. Huge contributions to his team, from right back - not even right wing back technically - best in his position in the league, etc. With Henderson, as well as he plays you could name 5 other Prem midfielders you'd rather have, but with Trent you'd be hard pushed to name one. Age may count against him though, as they'll likely just give him the young player award and leave it at that.