Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do not post on here much but read most of the time.

Think it would be interesting if you could NOT mention your own team for around 30 hours from 3 p.m on a Saturday to 9 p.m. on a Sunday.

Who would be the first to crack?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Actually if you bothered to read all my posts which I’m sure you do I have actually praised Klopp and said how well Liverpool have done.
It’s the weakest league this year in my memory without googling and still haven’t been proved wrong.
30 years waiting and still unable to enjoy it.
There’s still people out there scared to say champions and your over 20 points clear,lmao
Even now scared you’ll blow it.
Stick to Hockey it’s what you know best

I disgree, Liverpool are simply a leap above everyone else.

If City were to win their remianing matches they'd finish on 90 points, if Leicester did they'd have 87 and Chelsea would have 79, all points that have won the league in the past, the average being mid to late 80 points was good enough to be champions for many years, only recently has a points tally of 90+ been acheived with more regularity.

So with a potential 90 point being 2nd and a high 80's 3rd, that's hardly weak is it?

It simply looks disportionate only due to Liverpool not dropping hardly any points over this period of the season to date, which is extraordinary, it does't make the other teams or league in general weak IMO.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

If City were to win their remianing matches they'd finish on 90 points, if Leicester did they'd have 87 and Chelsea would have 79, all points that have won the league in the past, the average being mid to late 80 points was good enough to be champions for many years, only recently has a points tally of 90+ been acheived with more regularity.

So with a potential 90 point being 2nd and a high 80's 3rd, that's hardly weak is it?

It simply looks disportionate only due to Liverpool not dropping hardly any points over this period of the season to date, which is extraordinary, it does't make the other teams or league in general weak IMO.
Well within your right to disagree
Obviously your going on potential however those 3 teams won’t go undefeated so we will have to wait and see.
My original point was this is a weaker p/l this year and teams are weaker than last year.
City Arsenal Utd Chelsea and Spurs are all weaker than last year and nobody’s proved me wrong.

D

Deleted member 16999

It just doesn’t work though, they can’t all go unbeaten as they play each other and 2 of them LPool,
So if City lose the 3 matches against Chelsea/Leics/LPool and win the rest they’d max out on 81pts, a full 17pts worse off from last season, if the same happens for Leics they could end up in the 70’s.

Add in some of those 3 also play Utd, Spurs & Arsenal, I doubt the positions 2-4 will have anywhere near those points suggested.

On a positive though, if Chelsea or City do win all their remaining fixtures, LPool don’t go undefeated, every cloud etc. :)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously your going on potential however those 3 teams won’t go undefeated so we will have to wait and see.
My original point was this is a weaker p/l this year and teams are weaker than last year.
City Arsenal Utd Chelsea and Spurs are all weaker than last year and nobody’s proved me wrong.

Because you have changed your opinion from saying the league to just picking the recent challengers, a subtle change, but I spotted it. Yay, me!

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Your now saying 'last year', the heighted quote I responded to clearly states 'in your memory', that's a huge variable in context, hence my response.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do not post on here much but read most of the time.

Think it would be interesting if you could NOT mention your own team for around 30 hours from 3 p.m on a Saturday to 9 p.m. on a Sunday.

Who would be the first to crack?

Us Liverpool fans have done it a few times, but even when we were rubbish you couldnt get the others to shut up about us. :confused:

D

Deleted member 16999

My God, that fellas been reading my posts and then allaying facts to it. Shameful, still doesnt trump a gut feeling though, eh?

I hope with Brexit happening that they still can import "head-wobble" pills through the ports okay.
Written by a LPool fan who previously worked for Liverpool FC and The Anfield Wrap because of opposition fans “denigrating the scale of what Liverpool are achieving” also manages to give the Net spend a mention, but only over the last 5 years! :ROFLMAO:

Most of those stats could be twisted to prove the opposite as well.

Seems to me LPool fans care more about the opinion of opposition fans than yous would like to admit.:p

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Written by a LPool fan who previously worked for Liverpool FC and The Anfield Wrap because of opposition fans “denigrating the scale of what Liverpool are achieving” also manages to give the Net spend a mention, but only over the last 5 years! :ROFLMAO:

Most of those stats could be twisted to prove the opposite as well.

Seems to me LPool fans care more about the opinion of opposition fans than yous would like to admit.:p

Yep, but at least he has brought comparison stats into it, not just opinion. I have no doubt whatsoever that he has a biased view.

At least we wont be accused of "buying it".....actually, no, some divvy will say it, surely.

I think we will all defend our team from criticism or lack of appreciation, nothing different there. When city and chelsea won it me and many others have mentioned oil money, refs for Man U, red cards for Arsenal etc

Not much for Leicesters win though, maybe cos their rivals arent from the top 6, although Forest fans had a good go.

We just love calling out people who talk shoit, at least its seen Pinseeker crawl back under his rock for a few months. Every cloud?

D

Deleted member 16999

Yep, but at least he has brought comparison stats into it, not just opinion. I have no doubt whatsoever that he has a biased view.

At least we wont be accused of "buying it".....actually, no, some divvy will say it, surely.

I think we will all defend our team from criticism or lack of appreciation, nothing different there. When city and chelsea won it me and many others have mentioned oil money, refs for Man U, red cards for Arsenal etc

Not much for Leicesters win though, maybe cos their rivals arent from the top 6, although Forest fans had a good go.

We just love calling out people who talk shoit, at least its seen Pinseeker crawl back under his rock for a few months. Every cloud?
Good post, although you have spent over a Billion since you last won it! @divvyalert:p

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good post, although you have spent over a Billion since you last won it! @divvyalert:p

Some have spent that in less than 10 years, possibly.:)

Anyway, enough about us.

Its a pity that Chelsea are an anomaly, otherwise the fight for 4th place could be a 10 team fight - very competitive, and pesky Chelsea.:giggle:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs only had 72,71 & 70 points last season, throw in Utd on 66 and that looks worse to me, the year before Chelsea was 70 and Arsenal 63, again potentially worse, so it looks like marginal improvements to me this season, its just that we, along with others, have not improved at the rate and degree that Liverpool & City have, in that 90+ points or very close to, becomes the baromoter to challenge.

In the last 5 years Utd other than 17/18 (81pts) have rarely got out of the 60's, Liverpool in the same period were initially low 60's, then mid 70's, now comfortably in the 90's, they have built and developed and the sliding scale of points in that period is testament to that, everyone else is up & down as they lose players or don't build around quality ones they have or address the weaknesses they have.

United are miles (years) away from being challengers, and as such, when their biggest and historic rivals are walking the league, its deemed to be the weakest 'in memory', whereas the reality is, they've moved the barometer, in back-to-back seasons, and I can see that being the case for a couple of seasons.

I personally think Pep will be gone at the end of this season, they'll get someone in and spend big and they'll be the force they were before, Chelsea will do similar but not on the same scale, but both will be challengers, again, but the divide between the top 2 or 3 will be come bigger within the top 4 to 6.

So, I think we'll match at least the same points we had last season, and with the constraints we had, I think is a fantastic acheivement, especially if we stay 4th. Spurs won't be far off the same poits also, along with Utd, Arsenal definitely will be 10 points shy, but then 70 points last year was nothing to shout about.

I think your looking to shift the achievents of Liverpool and how they've bulit themselves into the force they are today by declaring the PL is the weakest 'in your memory', when the facts are, that it isn't, everyone, almost, has stood still (not declined) whilst Liverpool has developed, I suppose thats tough for a Utd fan to accept!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your now saying 'last year', the heighted quote I responded to clearly states 'in your memory', that's a huge variable in context, hence my response.
Well you should of went back to the start where I said it first then and got the whole story.
Although since the start opinions have moved on and still no-one has proved me wrong.
This year the league is weaker and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the weakest ever.
Although as I keep saying Liverpool have been superb

D

Deleted member 16999

Some have spent that in less than 10 years, possibly.:)

Anyway, enough about us.

Its a pity that Chelsea are an anomaly, otherwise the fight for 4th place could be a 10 team fight - very competitive, and pesky Chelsea.:giggle:
I reckon next season (after your 1 season wonder;)) Chelsea will be the team to watch, I believe Lampard has great potential and if given a good chance, a couple of experienced signings to go with that squad and I can see them in amongst it for a good few years.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs only had 72,71 & 70 points last season, throw in Utd on 66 and that looks worse to me, the year before Chelsea was 70 and Arsenal 63, again potentially worse, so it looks like marginal improvements to me this season, its just that we, along with others, have not improved at the rate and degree that Liverpool & City have, in that 90+ points or very close to, becomes the baromoter to challenge.

In the last 5 years Utd other than 17/18 (81pts) have rarely got out of the 60's, Liverpool in the same period were initially low 60's, then mid 70's, now comfortably in the 90's, they have built and developed and the sliding scale of points in that period is testament to that, everyone else is up & down as they lose players or don't build around quality ones they have or address the weaknesses they have.

United are miles (years) away from being challengers, and as such, when their biggest and historic rivals are walking the league, its deemed to be the weakest 'in memory', whereas the reality is, they've moved the barometer, in back-to-back seasons, and I can see that being the case for a couple of seasons.

I personally think Pep will be gone at the end of this season, they'll get someone in and spend big and they'll be the force they were before, Chelsea will do similar but not on the same scale, but both will be challengers, again, but the divide between the top 2 or 3 will be come bigger within the top 4 to 6.

So, I think we'll match at least the same points we had last season, and with the constraints we had, I think is a fantastic acheivement, especially if we stay 4th. Spurs won't be far off the same poits also, along with Utd, Arsenal definitely will be 10 points shy, but then 70 points last year was nothing to shout about.

I think your looking to shift the achievents of Liverpool and how they've bulit themselves into the force they are today by declaring the PL is the weakest 'in your memory', when the facts are, that it isn't, everyone, almost, has stood still (not declined) whilst Liverpool has developed, I suppose thats tough for a Utd fan to accept!
Do you think City Utd Chelsea Spurs Arsenal are as good as last year playing wise regardless of points,I think so