Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure where the moral high ground is ?

Whether I agree with it or not I certainly wouldn’t be “ disgusted” with it - it’s something that happens in many other sports , with rugby after every game, is football that far gone or is the hatred that bad players can’t just give a bit or respect to the best team in the league that year regardless of who it is ?

Are footballers that bad now they don’t have any respect for their fellow players and unable to praise each other.
I'm viewing this as a fan. I want my team to do this for liverpool as much as I want my centre half swapping shirts as a souvenir with Mane at half time, laughing in the tunnel before the game with the opposition and any other chummy display. Shake hands at the end of the game, don't give a false guard of honour pre match. They are so hollow.

Wolf

Visit site
Any guard of honour in any sport is garbage. Player's shouldn't be expected to give one or receive one and it certainly doesn't signify a lack of respect if they don't want to give one. A guard of honour should be reserved for its true purpose, military displays, visiting heads of state for big occasions, fallen service men or women. Not a bunch of over paid footballers to have their egos stroked for winning a trophy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Then have a guard of honour next season once this season has finished.
The only guard of honour I can recall is by the players of the home club when the trophy is being presented at an away ground.

ie. Utd at Goodison in 2003, City at Bournemouth last season.
Whoever you play at home when you get the trophy may give you a guard of honour, but that’s it!

I’m not bothered by it either way but it’s been happening a long time now - as I said teams did it back in the 70’s 80’s on the odd occasions and prob over the last 20 years it happens every year where the game after a team wins the title they get a guard of honour - it’s not really a big deal hence why i questioned why someone would be “disgusted” by a team giving the title winners a bit of respect and appreciation , I’m sure at some point it’s happened at Liverpool but I guess it’s all part of the unbearable season for some - I’ll file it along with - weakest league , livarpool, etc etc

D

Deleted member 16999

I’m not bothered by it either way but it’s been happening a long time now - as I said teams did it back in the 70’s 80’s on the odd occasions and prob over the last 20 years it happens every year where the game after a team wins the title they get a guard of honour - it’s not really a big deal hence why i questioned why someone would be “disgusted” by a team giving the title winners a bit of respect and appreciation , I’m sure at some point it’s happened at Liverpool but I guess it’s all part of the unbearable season for some - I’ll file it along with - weakest league , livarpool, etc etc
Phil, it really sticks in the throat to give yous all the credit you deserve, not once have I took anything away from how yous have been this season, but let’s not forget how much stick you’ve handed out and the fun you’ve had at other teams expense.

Nobody has suggested you don’t deserve admiration and respect, I’m sure a team, some team, will give yous that honour, but let’s not go over the top with the poor us posts eh!

D

Deleted member 1740

Don’t forget where you where you heard it first. Me I am all for it.

However if that’s is the occasion at City I know where there’s three tickets for sale #morethanunbearable. ???

Davemac will have them off yer?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Sky Sports' Gary Neville was rather blunt when explaining how difficult they are to take part in, when reflecting on the 2005 guard of honour back in 2013.

"Like your mrs leaving you and being asked to hang the new blokes clothes up in your old wardrobe!!," he wrote on Twitter. "That's one way to put it!"

"I couldn't care less, I promise you," John Terry said after his tribute. "All I care about is celebrating with my Chelsea fans. Me and them have a wonderful rapport and have done for 22 years.

"Nothing that people write or say can ever get in the way of that."

seems it means more to fans than players ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Phil, it really sticks in the throat to give yous all the credit you deserve, not once have I took anything away from how yous have been this season, but let’s not forget how much stick you’ve handed out and the fun you’ve had at other teams expense.
calm down there - I don’t believe I have once said “you have taken anything away” from the season - the post was not “aimed” at you or anything you have posted ?

Nobody has suggested you don’t deserve admiration and respect, I’m sure a team, some team, will give yous that honour, but let’s not go over the top with the poor us posts eh!

Poor us posts ?! Christ there is one poster who desperate to find a way to played down the achievements- can’t stop finding a way to get acceptance that is the “weakest” league , and social media is flooded with “livarpool” and many a posts on here with the same suggestions - you think it’s poor us ?! Nah you only have to read back through the thread and there is plenty of posts from people just desperate to find an excuse for why we are doing well - it is very enjoyable ??????

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see a Sky panel chat pre match of Roy Keane, Graeme Souness and Gary Neville talking about the validity of a guard of honour ??. You could get a lifetime of memes from that. Not sure they would need to speak, the looks would be enough.

D

Deleted member 1740

Then have a guard of honour next season once this season has finished.
The only guard of honour I can recall is by the players of the home club when the trophy is being presented at an away ground.

ie. Utd at Goodison in 2003, City at Bournemouth last season.
Whoever you play at home when you get the trophy may give you a guard of honour, but that’s it!

United, city and arsenal have all be given a guard of honour by a few teams including Liverpool v Chelsea.

it rarely happens as most leagues are won at the end of the season/last day.

Without going all “googlePhil” there’s plenty of evidence of it happening in previous seasons outthere?

D

Deleted member 16999

calm down there - I don’t believe I have once said “you have taken anything away” from the season - the post was not “aimed” at you or anything you have posted

Poor us posts ?! Christ there is one post who desperate to find a way to played down the achievements- can’t stop finding a way to get acceptance that is the “weakest” league , and social media is flooded with “livarpool” and many a posts on here with the same suggestions - you think it’s poor us ?! Nah you only have to read back through the thread and there is plenty of posts from people just desperate to find an excuse for why we are doing well - it is very enjoyable ?
Then take a lesson from Stu_C on how to handle the comments, you say it’s very enjoyable, but that’s not what your posts show.

As for posts all over social media, ignore them or at least try not to let them get to you, let’s be honest yous will never the credit you’ll deserve from everyone.

D

Deleted member 16999

United, city and arsenal have all be given a guard of honour by a few teams including Liverpool v Chelsea.

it rarely happens as most leagues are won at the end of the season/last day.

Without going all “googlePhil” there’s plenty of evidence of it happening in previous seasons outthere?
See my Sky link. :geek:

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah I only seen it after I’d posted my response.

Anyway, winning it at Goodison would be better than a guard of honour ??
Which is the DS answer to Lord T being disgusted.:censored:

Unfortunately I’ve got to watch some paint dry if that comes to pass.:poop:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
calm down there - I don’t believe I have once said “you have taken anything away” from the season - the post was not “aimed” at you or anything you have posted ?

Poor us posts ?! Christ there is one poster who desperate to find a way to played down the achievements- can’t stop finding a way to get acceptance that is the “weakest” league , and social media is flooded with “livarpool” and many a posts on here with the same suggestions - you think it’s poor us ?! Nah you only have to read back through the thread and there is plenty of posts from people just desperate to find an excuse for why we are doing well - it is very enjoyable ??????
Actually if you bothered to read all my posts which I’m sure you do I have actually praised Klopp and said how well Liverpool have done.
It’s the weakest league this year in my memory without googling and still haven’t been proved wrong.
30 years waiting and still unable to enjoy it.
There’s still people out there scared to say champions and your over 20 points clear,lmao
Even now scared you’ll blow it.
Stick to Hockey it’s what you know best