Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Let’s be fair though Stu, every team has this diverse fan base, plenty of times over the last 30 years City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc got no credit from some fans of other teams when they were at the top.

I agree though at times in that period you mention the vast majority of fans have acknowledged the better side.

Maybe the rise of social media allows the loonies to voice the their not too well thought opinions... ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Let’s be fair though Stu, every team has this diverse fan base, plenty of times over the last 30 years City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc got no credit from some fans of other teams when they were at the top.
Is the correct answer. One thing you learn when you have been rammel for decades is a bit of humility. If your team is crap, you can paint it polish it or varnish it. It’s still crap. For City fans that have had years/ decades of rubbish. There’s no doubting where the finances for our success have come from. We have done that conversation a dozen times with a dozen to come. Does it make me bitter hearing the comments. Let’s just say I could do with a bigger head so I could smile even more. What does please me is that the top table of the big four over the last decade has been smashed. In Europe it has been smashed. And the bottom line is. It’s not liked. Why?
There has been more than one comment about how the Prem league is weaker this year. Which means exactly what. Does that take anything away from Liverpool’s achievement. Hope not. Me I hope to god that either Wolves or Sheff Utd can sneak fourth place. Failing that. Leicester, Wolves and Sheff Utd taking European spots. Oh how that would really bog a few off. But that’s football, peaks and troughs.
Like you say Paul, other teams fans give no credit to other teams. Look at City and the Emptyhad. Can never fill your ground but which team had/ has the largest attendance for a league game. Anyone care to google it. Not Bad for a club with no history.
Me point is I will talk football all day, and I will say it as I see it without rose tinted glasses on, but sometimes it is a one way street.

D

Deleted member 16999

Is the correct answer. One thing you learn when you have been rammel for decades is a bit of humility. If your team is crap, you can paint it polish it or varnish it. It’s still crap. For City fans that have had years/ decades of rubbish. There’s no doubting where the finances for our success have come from. We have done that conversation a dozen times with a dozen to come. Does it make me bitter hearing the comments. Let’s just say I could do with a bigger head so I could smile even more. What does please me is that the top table of the big four over the last decade has been smashed. In Europe it has been smashed. And the bottom line is. It’s not liked. Why?
There has been more than one comment about how the Prem league is weaker this year. Which means exactly what. Does that take anything away from Liverpool’s achievement. Hope not. Me I hope to god that either Wolves or Sheff Utd can sneak fourth place. Failing that. Leicester, Wolves and Sheff Utd taking European spots. Oh how that would really bog a few off. But that’s football, peaks and troughs.
Like you say Paul, other teams fans give no credit to other teams. Look at City and the Emptyhad. Can never fill your ground but which team had/ has the largest attendance for a league game. Anyone care to google it. Not Bad for a club with no history.
Me point is I will talk football all day, and I will say it as I see it without rose tinted glasses on, but sometimes it is a one way street.
I’ll add, fill your boots talking about City (Insert any Club), I don’t care, every fan/supporter can tell you all the positives about their club, just don’t expect opposition fans to agree.

Every PL Club has history, some more successful than others, unfortunately their is an arrogance that goes with every Club as well.

99% of the time it’s banter on here, unfortunately over the last 2-3 yrs the fun has been sucked out of this thread by a couple of irregular posters and we’ve lost the sensible contribution from a couple of decent guys.

Virtually every post is now looked at with suspicion and doubt rather than face value.

This season has seen LPool dominate the PL like no team ever has, below them I firmly believe it’s been poor.
I only look how laughable we’ve been this season and yet today sit in 9th 3 points off 6th.

Hopefully next season we’ll have 4 or 5 of the so called big 6 taking points off each other and the PL won’t be won in March.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You're incredibly biased in favour of Man City a lot of the time and the occasional throw away comment to the contrary doesn’t negate that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still can't believe we won that yesterday. City had 14 efforts before we'd had one, but our first two shots ended up in the net. Obviously Zinchenko's daft decision to wipe out Winks partly cost them the game - the other part was their strangely woeful finishing. How did Aguero stab that one wide in the first half from about two yards out? Mind boggling. Lovely strike from the new lad Bergwijn!

I was surprised to read this statistic just now:

"A run of one win in five before Sunday had severely stunted any early Mourinho optimism. But now the only clubs to have earned more Premier League points than Tottenham (23) since his appointment are Liverpool (39) and City themselves (26)."

Probably just as much a statement of how inconsistent everyone else has been, but still. I wouldn't have guessed that.

D

Deleted member 1740

A stat that surprised me was City havent won more than 3 consecutive league games this season and since 1st December they'd conceded 11 league goals.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
A stat that surprised me was City havent won more than 3 consecutive league games this season and since 1st December they'd conceded 11 league goals.
That’s because they are weaker this year,just like the rest of the league :)
It’s seems now a lot of people are agreeing with me now and I’ve been saying it for months.
The way it’s looking Liverpool could put a few P/L titles together.
It’s a wake up call for Pep and his players.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coul
It’s seems now a lot of people are agreeing with me now and I’ve been saying it for months.
Could VAR be a factor ?
Big decisions going against the so called big clubs .
Lots of goals chalked off
Plus a lot of teams can’t defend to save their lives. Including City.
A good defender is worth his weight in gold now ,years ago that was exclusively for strikers.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

There is gossip That Pep is having a big clear out this summer. Up to 7 are on there way. Don’t think that is enough. But a stat I read the other day. Laporte has played in 49 league game and won 42 of them. If he wins his next game for City he will be the most successful centre half in the prem after 50 games. That’s how important he is to City. He is City’s version of VVD. But after him. You could get rid of the lot of them. Walker, Otamendi, Mendy, just make to many individual mistakes. Re Liverpool and winning a few prem titles. I don’t think anyone will disagree with that. The player they have to keep is VVD. Again silly season but are Juve sniffing around him. Watch this space.

Re City. Or winning 3 on the spin. It really does not surprise Me, They have been rammel and no one saw that coming From last season. But in the same sense KDB has been brilliant again. For me week after week him and Sergio have been the stand out performers.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is gossip That Pep is having a big clear out this summer. Up to 7 are on there way. Don’t think that is enough. But a stat I read the other day. Laporte has played in 49 league game and won 42 of them. If he wins his next game for City he will be the most successful centre half in the prem after 50 games. That’s how important he is to City. He is City’s version of VVD. But after him. You could get rid of the lot of them. Walker, Otamendi, Mendy, just make to many individual mistakes. Re Liverpool and winning a few prem titles. I don’t think anyone will disagree with that. The player they have to keep is VVD. Again silly season but are Juve sniffing around him. Watch this space.

Re City. Or winning 3 on the spin. It really does not surprise Me, They have been rammel and no one saw that coming From last season. But in the same sense KDB has been brilliant again. For me week after week him and Sergio have been the stand out performers.
Don’t think Liverpool would take 200 million for VVD.
That’s an impressive Laporte stat

D

Deleted member 15344

What’s this “top 4” smashed thjng ?

And in the CL ? Has it really been smashed ? Who out of the top clubs in Europe have won the CL in the past decade ? No one - it’s the same teams - Barce , Madrid , Liverpool etc

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Coul

Could VAR be a factor ?
Big decisions going against the so called big clubs .
Lots of goals chalked off
Plus a lot of teams can’t defend to save their lives. Including City.
A good defender is worth his weight in gold now ,years ago that was exclusively for strikers.
No Liverpool streets ahead.
If VAR has chalked them off there’s a reason.
Top 6 apart from Liverpool just very poor

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don’t think Liverpool would take 200 million for VVD.
That’s an impressive Laporte stat
Sometimes it is not about the club, it is whether the player wants to go. I am not suggesting he does at this point but you can never tell, he has no afinity to Liverpool after all. Perhaps the lure of Turin will be greater than sunny Liverpool :cool:

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Its a narrative that some people are formulating for various reasons, and we know what one of the reasons is.

How can a league be weaker or less competitive if there are lets say 6-8 clubs still in with a shout of getting 4th or 5th place? The title race is, because a potentially once in a lifetime run of results from one team.

Surely, outwith the title race, its more competitive?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Correct, highest for an FA cup game for a club side, possibly swelled by many Stoke fans that are only down the road, but still, yes, a record.Fair play.

But.......

It was still 4k below capacity. (y)

And........

The record for a league game at Maine Road, was actually achieved by your bitter rivals Man United. Ouch.

Hello, hello.......

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its a narrative that some people are formulating for various reasons, and we know what one of the reasons is.

How can a league be weaker or less competitive if there are lets say 6-8 clubs still in with a shout of getting 4th or 5th place? The title race is, because a potentially once in a lifetime run of results from one team.

Surely, outwith the title race, its more competitive?[/QUOTE
I really don’t see how it’s difficult to understand,the top teams are weaker that’s a fact.
I don’t believe I’ve mentioned the word competitive once.
They are two different things.