Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
VAR shocker at Anfield today.

I wasnt sure on the Ings one as had seen it earlier today, but MOTD showed an extra camera angle used from behind the goal that showed it was a pen - not sure if VAR had this angle - surely they should be able to tap into all of the telly camera angles.......unless they think that seeing it from 14 angles instead of 4, shouldnt be needed for a "clear and obvious error" perspective. Makes you wonder.

Anyway the Firminho one was first anyway, so we would have gone 1-0 up potentially. ;)

BTW cracking first goal from Watford.(y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm scared to like this....:)

That Soyuncu one on Abraham today was an awkward one, still not sure which way I would have gone if I was the VAR official. It could literally have been one you would give one day and not the other.
Some shockers from var today.
A goalie can miss the ball and punch a striker on the nose = goal kick.???
Delph second yellow wasn’t even a foul imo.
Firmino on the goal line deffo pen.
think the Ings one was the first touch ,Fabiano never touched him but still looked a pen for me.
Ref did well in Palace game to change the red card.
Liverpool looking good some nice finishing,so hope we keep winning.
Nice to see the midfield scoring.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen the West Ham game. The second Brighton goal ?. what the heck were West Ham doing at the back? 3rd goal looked handball as well. Hammers fans must have kicked a lot of dogs last night after the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

For 18 months. For me, Liverpool signed hi simply as he was free and English. Granted there was a fee settled.

he looked a solid pl squad player. But even after last season, injuries aside. I’d not have expected how he’s performed.

Both were penalties yesterday after watching Motd

As for Ings - he is a younger Vardy and always had the potential to do well in a team set up to use his pace and finishing skills. Klopp really liked him and wanted to keep him for that player to change things up but injuries just ruined his chances - it’s hard not to like him and you could tell after the game the way he was with the Liverpool players he was certainly a player they liked - hopefully he gets his chance with England because he is going to keep scoring goals and i for one am delighted , and also that Soton are doing well because I really rate the manager ( maybe it’s the manager that Liverpool take next ? )

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen the West Ham game. The second Brighton goal ?. what the heck were West Ham doing at the back? 3rd goal looked handball as well. Hammers fans must have kicked a lot of dogs last night after the game.

It was one of them games you come away thinking wow how did we muck it up that bad

MOTD picked up the first goal for Brighton shouldn't have stood due to Murray holding onto the keeper (forcing him to punch it into the defender)

Second goal was so bad. Just hoof it out. Not even diop.. cresswell hoof it.. anyone hoof it

3rd goal looked like handball . Ref gave hand ball. You can't say that it was clear error as it still looks handball ..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was one of them games you come away thinking wow how did we muck it up that bad

MOTD picked up the first goal for Brighton shouldn't have stood due to Murray holding onto the keeper (forcing him to punch it into the defender)

Second goal was so bad. Just hoof it out. Not even diop.. cresswell hoof it.. anyone hoof it

3rd goal looked like handball . Ref gave hand ball. You can't say that it was clear error as it still looks handball ..
Second goal was a mess.
But defenders these days are coached to try to retain possession of the ball.
Row z has gone out of fashion ,but is exactly what they should have done.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
PJ, we imploded late on against Newcastle the other week so I feel your pain. Their goals were not unfair though so yours will be worse.

Green shoots in terms of general play or too early yet?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PJ, we imploded late on against Newcastle the other week so I feel your pain. Their goals were not unfair though so yours will be worse.

Green shoots in terms of general play or too early yet?

After Liverpool could see a little positive because it was like best team in Europe ATM etc and we played ok. Only let in 2. Carved out chances

Signed 3 solid players in the window

This was just what the heck is going on moment

Played well in parts but the decisions from the manager

Antonio had to go off.. he was blowing

But keeping noble on was awful decision. Terrible player who's day has been and gone long before Brexit was even a pipe dream

We signed a decent midfielder. Took him off and kept that waste of space off

Noble and Snodgrass are the same age.. one looks like he is full of running the other looks like he runs through treacle

D

Deleted member 1740

Ha. This thread. Of course it’s foul on Ings. Contact doesn’t need to be made. He “goes down in instalments” because he’s trying to stay on his feet but fails to after the second poor attempt from Fabinho.

Why would it hurt to say that in a game you won comfortably the opposition should’ve had a penalty?

If this is aimed at me, Because at the time of the post I'd only seen it 1st hand and I didnt think it was a pen.

After seeing the different angles it's a pen though he went down a little bit too dramatic and I think that's why it wasnt overturned.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
With regards to the Murray goal, logic says that the only way the ball can bounce off him at the angle it does is if it comes off his arm. Off his chest it has to go away from goal. To allow it made no sense.

Disagree. It comes off his side; it looks like it is arm as it fits the ’logic’. No arm involved for me at all.

4LEX

Visit site
2 similar approaches that produced a pretty dull game, neither side was prepared to commit enough forward.

Thought United got away with how they dealt with Traore, similar Wolves with Martial (1st half at least)

Wolves showed glimpses of quality and plenty to like about what Nuno is building there, think Podence will prove a decent signing too

I think Shaw actually had a decent game but it looked obvious Traore wasn't anywhere near fully fit. That said he should have scored or played the right passes on a couple of occasions. As for Martial I think a statue would've marked him out of the game :ROFLMAO:

Nevez and Raul were brilliant today and it's a great point for Wolves.

4LEX

Visit site
The worst thing about today was that a skate scored the opener ???

On a different subject. Ole et all have said how Greenwood is the next big thing. So why is he constantly benched?

Ole is building for the future and starting kids.......wouldn't catch him signing a 30 year old journeyman to eat up Greenwoods minutes :rolleyes:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
With regards to the Murray goal, logic says that the only way the ball can bounce off him at the angle it does is if it comes off his arm. Off his chest it has to go away from goal. To allow it made no sense.

It was not that debatable handball that screwed us it was the laughable defending for their 2nd goal. Gave them the impetus we started to run out of gas at that point.
They had not played for a couple of weeks and it showed in last 20mins.

Odd substitutions by Moyes didn’t help, I can see Antonio needed hooking as he was knackered but Soucek and Snodgrass were the best players on the pitch! And leaving Noble on (playing in the number 10 position!!) when he has been complaining about playing two games a week and was clearly struggling is mystifying.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
It was not that debatable handball that screwed us it was the laughable defending for their 2nd goal...

Also, I'd say the Murray on the Keeper incident directly before the Ogbonna OG was potentially more of an issue than the Murray goal. That gave Brighton an impetus at the start of the 2nd half they probably didn't deserve! Given the Van Dijk on De Gea incident a few weeks ago, I'm quite surprised nothing was made of Murray holding a keeper off in a way that meant the keeper couldn't physically get to the ball!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Need City to win today to help maintain our gap, don't really care about Burnley Vs Arsenal, but I'll pish myself if Burnley win, my assistant Pro is a staunch gooner and I'll be straight on the phone and social media to take the pish :p

Being billed as a 6 pointer for Burnley Vs Arsenal, oh how the mighty have fallen :LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Need City to win today to help maintain our gap, don't really care about Burnley Vs Arsenal, but I'll pish myself if Burnley win, my assistant Pro is a staunch gooner and I'll be straight on the phone and social media to take the pish :p

Being billed as a 6 pointer for Burnley Vs Arsenal, oh how the mighty have fallen :LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Correct. Burnley were top six....?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

dont really care then go onto explain why you actually do, lol Fishy