Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
City now down to 10 with Zinchenko gone. Brilliant from Winks, knocked it past him and invited the foul, Zinchenko stupid enough to take him out. Chance for Spurs now.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That replay shows a shoulder to shoulder to me, might not be running side by side, but what does that matter if it’s shoulder to shoulder, not a ‘tactical foul’ for me in this instance.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do we know the Sterling non penalty was because he wasn't touched or because he had kicked the ball away and was never going to get it?

How have city not scored? So wasteful.

Oh come on, your not coming up with that old chestnut.

If the keeper fouls him, it doesnt make any difference if the ball was going out of play/over the bar/ into row Z, its still a foul and a pen.

TBF I think it was very borderline. He was going down before, but if the keeper still takes him its still a pen. Lloris didnt get any of the ball, thats a given.

I think he may of got a bit of Sterling, but not conclusive, so why it wasnt overturned. However, if he had of given a pen, doubt it would have been overturned the other way either.

Thats deffo a 2nd bookable though.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Huge goal for Spurs. New man Bergwijn with the strike, superbly taken. The lad is a serious talent. Not had a great game but that is a brilliant finish.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That replay shows a shoulder to shoulder to me, might not be running side by side, but what does that matter if it’s shoulder to shoulder, not a ‘tactical foul’ for me in this instance.

He's looking at the man all the time and his angle of run is always to take the man down, shoulder to shoulder or not. Tactical, and chickens coming home to roost.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He's looking at the man all the time and his angle of run is always to take the man down, shoulder to shoulder or not. Tactical, and chickens coming home to roost.

yeah I understood the angle of the run, just thought as long as it was still a solid shoulder to shoulder that’s deemed to be a fair challenge.

happy to be corrected.

lots of yellows now being banded about, few more to go down the tunnel yet me thinks....

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

This.

Not once did he even try and look at where the ball was. Completely cynical, and so irrelevant that it was led with shoulder.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Apparently he has never missed a penalty before.Cant believe your turning on Sterling ,was your go to man for the first half of the season
Short memories eh
Obviously you have not read my last dozen posts about him. He is out of form. And seeing as he has not scored or assisted in the last 7 games. Gonna be tough playing spurs with 9 men. Oops it’s 2-0. Never mind as long as Stirling gets a run out eh.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Obviously you have not read my last dozen posts about him. He is out of form. And seeing as he has not scored or assisted in the last 7 games. Gonna be tough playing spurs with 9 men. Oops it’s 2-0. Never mind as long as Stirling gets a run out eh.
His work rate is phenomenal and his movement creates space.
You might get your wish though he’s injured

D

Deleted member 15344

Disagree.

He got a little of the ball, was in control in the main, sometimes you just dont know not only where your foot may land, but also the oppos.

Unless you want a non-tackling sport, of course?

I’ll have to look at it again then because it looked like he went over the ball and onto the ankle

If it was given do you think it would have been overruled or overturned on appeal ?

Great work Spurs - make chelsea start time sweat , more dropped points for City and pushing UTD further down the table ?

D

Deleted member 15344

So it’s now just 6 wins and if we keep winning then the title could potentially be won at Everton ????