Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

According to the conspiracy theorists ?

It pays to do a bit of research.....since 1st December we’ve only conceded 3 league goals?

Coincided with the return of form of England best CB - he is just pure quality

D

Deleted member 1740

Dad’s from Trawden, near Burnley.
I’m Derby born & bred!

I couldn’t be one of those glory supporters, who live nowhere near a place but claim to have been a fan for life - so many Utd, Citeh and Liverpool fans with absolutely no links to the place

Fair play James, never understand it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Ings goes in in

Ings goes in instalments. If the second swipe connects its a stonewall through.
I can’t see why Ings would go down in that situation, from that angle it looks like he’s got a chance of getting a shot off.
And, as much as I don’t rate him, I’ve never thought he’s a player that goes down easily or throws himself about.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ings goes in in

Ings goes in instalments. If the second swipe connects its a stonewall through.

I don’t thinks there’s contact in the second ‘swipe’, Ings puts his toe down just before his outstretched leg but is already stumbling forwards and tries to step or hop over it, you’d never get a foul for that in open play imo so should be no different just because it’s in the box.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don’t thinks there’s contact in the second ‘swipe’, Ings puts his toe down just before his outstretched leg but is already stumbling forwards and tries to step or hop over it, you’d never get a foul for that in open play imo so should be no different just because it’s in the box.
Tbf Robin. Incidents inside/outside the box are never treated equally.

Form that video I'd go with the ref. VAR if it was used would have cleared it up.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I can’t see why Ings would go down in that situation, from that angle it looks like he’s got a chance of getting a shot off.
And, as much as I don’t rate him, I’ve never thought he’s a player that goes down easily or throws himself about.
I'll be honest. I never rated him either. But atm I'm enjoying him proving me Wrong.

D

Deleted member 1147

Disappointed to get a point at Utd, they were there for the taking. Wish we'd had more of a go.
Shows how Utd have fallen, it must be donkeys years since a Wolves fan can have felt like that!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He was decent for Burnley
For 18 months. For me, Liverpool signed hi simply as he was free and English. Granted there was a fee settled.

he looked a solid pl squad player. But even after last season, injuries aside. I’d not have expected how he’s performed.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Ha. This thread. Of course it’s foul on Ings. Contact doesn’t need to be made. He “goes down in instalments” because he’s trying to stay on his feet but fails to after the second poor attempt from Fabinho.

Why would it hurt to say that in a game you won comfortably the opposition should’ve had a penalty?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don’t want to suggest that you might be whingeing unnecessarily, but wouldn’t VAR have checked both incidents...and before you accuse me of being a victim, rose tinted or any other pathetic names, I’m a Burnley/Derby fan

Have you got a half and half of them two?:)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve watched the Ings incident twice now, and I’d never have given a pen for it, don’t care what pundits might say, it’s subjective and strikers are biased to other strikers and come out with shite like, ‘if he feels contact he has the right and should go down’, this from the likes of Shearer, but imo it’s a contact sport and there’s a difference between contact and a foul, and Ings wasn’t fouled imo.

I'm scared to like this....:)

That Soyuncu one on Abraham today was an awkward one, still not sure which way I would have gone if I was the VAR official. It could literally have been one you would give one day and not the other.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Disappointed to get a point at Utd, they were there for the taking. Wish we'd had more of a go.

2 similar approaches that produced a pretty dull game, neither side was prepared to commit enough forward.

Thought United got away with how they dealt with Traore, similar Wolves with Martial (1st half at least)

Wolves showed glimpses of quality and plenty to like about what Nuno is building there, think Podence will prove a decent signing too