Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My biggest fear re VAR was this situation. And I have gone on record and said as such on here. Player goes down in box. Should be a penalty, ball goes up other end and other team scores. What does VAR do. Well apparently it has happened today.. Where? Liverpool v Saints, Ings brought down by Firmino.

Looking forward to MOTD and another 5 pages on here saying why it was or was not a penalty.
I saw the first goal in the clubhouse on my mates phone and wondered what var was doing. Guess it’ll be one of those incidents where it happened to many stages previously. Which begs the question why var didn’t look in the first place.
‘Maybe the fact it’s for a small club against a big club is a coincidence...

Like I said, only saw one shot of it, so stand to be corrected if a, it wasn’t a one, or b, they did actually look.

D

Deleted member 15344

I saw the first goal in the clubhouse on my mates phone and wondered what var was doing. Guess it’ll be one of those incidents where it happened to many stages previously. Which begs the question why var didn’t look in the first place.
‘Maybe the fact it’s for a small club against a big club is a coincidence...

Like I said, only saw one shot of it, so stand to be corrected if a, it wasn’t a one, or b, they did actually look.
VAR looked at both penalty incidents ( they always look at each goal ) and decided not to overrule the referee- haven’t seen how much contact Fabinho made with Ings but Stephens made enough on Firmino

It’s prob those incidents where the VAR is not going overrule the on field ref and it’s prob down to ref interpretation- if both were given then I doubt they would have overruled them and they both would have been soft

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
VAR looked at both penalty incidents ( they always look at each goal ) and decided not to overrule the referee- haven’t seen how much contact Fabinho made with Ings but Stephens made enough on Firmino

It’s prob those incidents where the VAR is not going overrule the on field ref and it’s prob down to ref interpretation- if both were given then I doubt they would have overruled them and they both would have been soft

Fair enough. Like said I saw one replay on a phone and it showed the start of your attack.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My biggest fear re VAR was this situation. And I have gone on record and said as such on here. Player goes down in box. Should be a penalty, ball goes up other end and other team scores. What does VAR do. Well apparently it has happened today.. Where? Liverpool v Saints, Ings brought down by Firmino.

Looking forward to MOTD and another 5 pages on here saying why it was or was not a penalty.

Firstly it was Fabinho.

Secondly, no mention of Firminho getting wrestled to the ground on 30 minutes for what was a definite pen?

It would look like a better argument if you said how VAR may have gotten it wrong twice.(y)

So everytime a player goes down in the box, its a pen - go away, soft arse.

D

Deleted member 1740

Choo Choo...... The Klopp Express rolls onto Norwich unbeaten.

I thought we were slow today in the 1st half like we played in 1st gear, though Southampton played very well to be fair.
2nd half we Got into our rhythm and finished the game off.

As for the ings/Fabinho pen, it wasn’t a pen and Ings made a meal of it. It was embarrassing.

Anyway, 21pts until operation unbearable commences ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I thought we were slow today in the 1st half like we played in 1st gear, though Southampton played very well to be fair.

As for the ings/Fabinho pen, it wasn’t a pen and Ings made a meal of it. It was embarrassing.

commences lol, its long since started

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You do realise that the forum has 500 railway and train jokes stored up don't you? :)

Soton gave better than they got 1st half, very impressive.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The worst thing about today was that a skate scored the opener ???

On a different subject. Ole et all have said how Greenwood is the next big thing. So why is he constantly benched?

D

Deleted member 1740

Don't fret sir, when it obliges there'll be the finest bottle of Aldi's fizz winging it's way to Mudeford ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Firstly it was Fabinho.

Secondly, no mention of Firminho getting wrestled to the ground on 30 minutes for what was a definite pen?

It would look like a better argument if you said how VAR may have gotten it wrong twice.(y)

So everytime a player goes down in the box, its a pen - go away, soft arse.

LB, here we go again. Every time you read a post that mentions Liverpool you play the Victim. Yes I will say it out loud. The victim. I have no quarrel with whatever team it is and that includes Liverpool. Although with your rose tinted Liverpool glasses you will find that hard to believe. My grief is with the situation in which this arose. And which has now possibly happened. I saw it nearly happen when Utd beat City. I saw Rashford go down, ref gave no penalty and City nearly scored at the other end. How was that right. It wasn’t. Oh look a City fan saying Utd should of had a penalty. And IF and I have said this before, if it shows on MOTD that it should of been a penalty. Then such an occasion should be stopped from happening in the future. Unless it benefits Liverpool. Is that what you are saying. For the record, your now blocked. I am fed up of reading your victim crap every time your club is mentioned. But before I go a bit of advice try having a grown up discussion. Without having to name call.
And just for you I have typed this slowly so you can read it. ?
oh look a couple of likes are from Liverpool fans, who would of thought that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Anyone got links to both the incidents?

Been told I’m having a sleepover in the front room this evening and not sure motd is on the cards.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great comeback from Everton especially down to 10 men. Is Ancelotti getting them moving forward. Up to 9th and only three points off 5th.
We couldn't come from behind under Silva, something that has thankfully changed. We still have issues that need looking at in the summer but the ship has definitely been corrected.

The fact that we are so close to 5th says a great deal about the standard of the league this year. Not vintage.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We couldn't come from behind under Silva, something that has thankfully changed. We still have issues that need looking at in the summer but the ship has definitely been corrected.

The fact that we are so close to 5th says a great deal about the standard of the league this year. Not vintage.
I agree about the quality this season. I didn't see you do much in the window so can Ancelotti get the best from what you have now? What do you need to buy in the summer and is their cash there to do it?