Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Well that’s certainly an interesting deadline day - well if you look at Man Utd and the way they desperately scratched around for a striker and ended up with Ighalo ?? , what a change it is when they are acting in this way , all the desperation. I don’t see think they have done enough to improve to bridge the gap to the top 4

West Ham has brought in a number of players - no idea about the Czech guy but Bowen from Hull is very highly rated - have they done enough to stay up ?

Sheff Utd getting Berge is a superb buy - that’s one of the best of the window

Spurs - let two full backs leave so left with just Aurier and Davies ? They seemed to have weakened during the window

Not sure there was really much else that went on and definatley no real eye opening signings
The January window has been getting more and more boring last few years.

Ighalo a pure desperation loan signing for Utdd, can't see him improving their chances of top.

Spurs getting weaker with no real goal threat now and less defensive options, bet Jose is happy ?

West Ham can't see it being enough or maybe its just me hoping they go down?

We finally made 2 signings in an area that's been weak for years so hopefully we've improved a little and both turn out to add something to the squad, from what ive seen of Mari he should do well, or at least better than what we had in Mustafi, don't know enough about Soares to comment. But overall a bang average transfer window where no team got any stronger.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Glad to see we shipped out two burdens on the wage bill. Yoshida, brilliant servant that he was, simply wasn't good enough. Probably earned us a few quid from shirts though....

Cedric Soares hasn't wanted out for a few seasons now and hasn't loved up to his first season tbh. Spent the last few months being quiet thiugh and knuckled down. So good luck to him. Not sure he's top four quality, but then again. He's not signed for a top 4 club ?

Would have liked to have seen a cb come in, and maybe to have loaned Che Adams out. He's worked hard, but appears to be another Shane long. Except he's got a strop on for not getting more game time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am very happy with Newcastles new signings.
Pity that Giroud didn't want to join us - his loss !
"Toon Toon Black n White Army"
Rose was a very good signing that slipped under the radar. Surprised you didn't go for an on loan striker to see you through the rest of the season. Benteleb is a free hit and worth a go. Could be inspired but if not nothing much lost.

I think teams have learnt a bit about this window. You rarely get a good signing, loans are best. You do your best signings in the summer not January.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that’s certainly an interesting deadline day - well if you look at Man Utd and the way they desperately scratched around for a striker and ended up with Ighalo ?? , what a change it is when they are acting in this way , all the desperation.

Have a good day, Phil. (y)

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a good day, Phil. (y)
? not sure what was the point in replying if that’s all you can say ?

The did scratch around for a striker did they not ? What was Ighalo - 6th ? 7th choice ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's appearing a bit of an obsession, but never mind.
Yeah, United definitely have been scratching around for a striker, I'd have liked them to have got Giroud.
Decent strikers are like hens' teeth in this window, scratching around was their only real option.
The Rashford injury forced their hand a bit late in the day, but, if Woodward had not been so picky, we may well have ended up with Haaland.
With Ighalo, at least he's a striker so, when we need to we can play him as one. A square peg for a square hole.
We had to get someone. Imagine if Martial or Greenwood picked up an injury!
All things considered, a very reasonable window for United.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's appearing a bit of an obsession, but never mind.
Yeah, United definitely have been scratching around for a striker, I'd have liked them to have got Giroud.
Decent strikers are like hens' teeth in this window, scratching around was their only real option.
The Rashford injury forced their hand a bit late in the day, but, if Woodward had not been so picky, we may well have ended up with Haaland.
With Ighalo, at least he's a striker so, when we need to we can play him as one. A square peg for a square hole.
We had to get someone. Imagine if Martial or Greenwood picked up an injury!
All things considered, a very reasonable window for United.

Obsession ? Stop being so precious - it’s football talk and right now UTD are shocking and everything they do is highlighted because 99% of the time is showing the club to be an embarrassment- the fans , the players , the owners and the manager.
For decades UTD dominated and we all had to put up with the arrogance of UTD fans all driven from their manager who dominated the club and the Prem League - as each season went by UTD fans pointed fingers at Liverpool for the way we were going about things and always falling short - there are countless comments from people like Giggs “UTD will never drop like Liverpool “ etc so when UTD do drop and go through manager after manager - money after money and end up with one of the most expensive but worst squads ( of the top teams ) being run by a manager who is clearly so far out of his depth it’s going to be time for over fans to stand over and point and laugh and enjoy the suffering.

Watching UTD act like they are is enjoyable to see - it’s a shame right now they just aren’t really a threat which shows how far backwards they have gone over the last 3 years ? 36 points behind already - what’s it going to be at the end ???

No doubt If the situations were reversed then we would need to “suck it up”

Remember all the stuff being posted when we signed people like Lambert and Balotelli etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Obsession ? Stop being so precious - it’s football talk and right now UTD are shocking and everything they do is highlighted because 99% of the time is showing the club to be an embarrassment- the fans , the players , the owners and the manager.
For decades UTD dominated and we all had to put up with the arrogance of UTD fans all driven from their manager who dominated the club and the Prem League - as each season went by UTD fans pointed fingers at Liverpool for the way we were going about things and always falling short - there are countless comments from people like Giggs “UTD will never drop like Liverpool “ etc so when UTD do drop and go through manager after manager - money after money and end up with one of the most expensive but worst squads ( of the top teams ) being run by a manager who is clearly so far out of his depth it’s going to be time for over fans to stand over and point and laugh and enjoy the suffering.

Watching UTD act like they are is enjoyable to see - it’s a shame right now they just aren’t really a threat which shows how far backwards they have gone over the last 3 years ? 36 points behind already - what’s it going to be at the end ???

Remember all the stuff being posted when we signed people like Lambert and Balotelli etc
But you didn’t “suck it up”
You whinged about it and played the poor us card??

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Precious, you're having a laugh.
If the situations were reversed I still talk about my club a whole lot more than yours.

Oh, and why is OGS "clearly so far out of his depth"?

D

Deleted member 15344

If the situations were reversed I still talk about my club a whole lot more than yours.

I don’t talk about UTD more than my own club - it prob seems that way to you because you react whenever I bring UTD into it - but when your team is doing that bad it’s easy to see why that would happen - when the club keep creating the headlines then people will talk about them - it’s the gift that keeps giving.

Umm maybe the fact he has lost more games that he has actually won and his previous job in the Prem was to be relegated - for all the other teams he is doing a great job. If UTD fans are happy with him then all the better for us because I’m confident that OGS will not have the team challenging for any major trophies regardless of what he spends ( and he has spent a good deal )

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t talk about UTD more than my own club - it prob seems that way to you because you react whenever I bring UTD into it - but when your team is doing that bad it’s easy to see why that would happen - when the club keep creating the headlines then people will talk about them - it’s the gift that keeps giving.

Umm maybe the fact he has lost more games that he has actually won and his previous job in the Prem was to be relegated - for all the other teams he is doing a great job. If UTD fans are happy with him then all the better for us because I’m confident that OGS will not have the team challenging for any major trophies regardless of what he spends ( and he has spent a good deal )

I don't, fact.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

No point getting in an argument with LP ,you could write what he knows(without google) on a postage stamp and still have room for all his football achievements.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My biggest fear re VAR was this situation. And I have gone on record and said as such on here. Player goes down in box. Should be a penalty, ball goes up other end and other team scores. What does VAR do. Well apparently it has happened today.. Where? Liverpool v Saints, Ings brought down by Firmino.

Looking forward to MOTD and another 5 pages on here saying why it was or was not a penalty.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
VAR again doesn't know it's job

That's hand ball all day long

3-1 crusing

Comical defending 3-2

Then hand ball in the box

Discusting

Thought VAR was full proof. Wasn't even in the build up.. handball from Murray then scores

Tashyboy

Visit site
Etihad south awaits. Not goin though ??

Attachments

• D4CF5A4F-CA9D-45B3-8151-DE6E798931AC.jpeg
    D4CF5A4F-CA9D-45B3-8151-DE6E798931AC.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 17

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My biggest fear re VAR was this situation. And I have gone on record and said as such on here. Player goes down in box. Should be a penalty, ball goes up other end and other team scores. What does VAR do. Well apparently it has happened today.. Where? Liverpool v Saints, Ings brought down by Firmino.

Looking forward to MOTD and another 5 pages on here saying why it was or was not a penalty.
Only seen it once, of course with a natural bias, but not a pen for me.
Im calling var on your post, as it was Fabinho with the non pen ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Only seen it once, of course with a natural bias, but not a pen for me.
Im calling var on your post, as it was Fabinho with the non pen ?

honestly don’t know if it is or isn’t Dave. That’s why am looking forward to MOTD. But it’s a scenario that under the present climate is going to happen And it’s gonna be ugly.Watch this space.