Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Wolf

Visit site
Perhaps it's the version that hadn't been encouraged out;)
No doubt a German has got the best out of him a French hasn't;)
To be fair if this is the best of the Ox I'd still have taken the money. He's a squad player at best except at a lower table side where he would start regularly. He's not even top 3 in his position of England players let alone premier league players. Just a shame we spent the money on crap.

Don't get me wrong he's a good back up but he's not a starter in most good teams and then theres his injuries...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
To be fair if this is the best of the Ox I'd still have taken the money. He's a squad player at best except at a lower table side where he would start regularly. He's not even top 3 in his position of England players let alone premier league players. Just a shame we spent the money on crap.

Don't get me wrong he's a good back up but he's not a starter in most good teams and then theres his injuries...
I agree but I also think the Klopp system is so team-centric that having a few average players in the XI doesn’t drag it down the way other teams would be, so long as they’re well drilled in their role. I think Pep’s way, for example, is more reliant on individual brilliance.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I thought ox looked good last night. He seems perfect for his role there. Maybe it's one of those deals that works out good for both sides.

It's the first time I've seen this team live. Henderson is an interesting player. It's noticeable how many of his passes are forward, rather than sideways.

As for the irons... We are so slow getting the ball up the field - we can't pass it, because we only have 1 guy up there, and we have noone with the pace and strength to run with the ball (except Rice, but he is shackled to the back 4). It's not that they don't try, they're just not very good!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought ox looked good last night. He seems perfect for his role there. Maybe it's one of those deals that works out good for both sides.

It's the first time I've seen this team live. Henderson is an interesting player. It's noticeable how many of his passes are forward, rather than sideways.

As for the irons... We are so slow getting the ball up the field - we can't pass it, because we only have 1 guy up there, and we have noone with the pace and strength to run with the ball (except Rice, but he is shackled to the back 4). It's not that they don't try, they're just not very good!

I think it's going to be an interesting few months

Jarrod Bowden suppose to be signing from hull which would be amazing

This Czech midfielder looks the business

Hopefully put noble on the bench and really add some quality next to rice with this Bowden taking lanzinis spot

Really start to score some goals

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think it's going to be an interesting few months

Jarrod Bowden suppose to be signing from hull which would be amazing

This Czech midfielder looks the business

Hopefully put noble on the bench and really add some quality next to rice with this Bowden taking lanzinis spot

Really start to score some goals

thought Bowen was supposed to be going to Palace?

decent player and definitely worth a chance at the price for me, albeit not that many make the step up from the championship that easily

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
thought Bowen was supposed to be going to Palace?

decent player and definitely worth a chance at the price for me, albeit not that many make the step up from the championship that easily

More and more players are making the step now days

The championship is fastly becoming one of the most competitive league's in the world

Exactly why we want to avoid going there lol

Palace have a bid but we are set to trump it

Apparently he is a summer target of ours and palace have forced our hand

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
More and more players are making the step now days

The championship is fastly becoming one of the most competitive league's in the world

Exactly why we want to avoid going there lol

Palace have a bid but we are set to trump it

Apparently he is a summer target of ours and palace have forced our hand

Competitive for sure, not sure the quality is as high as many think though. I watch a lot of the championship and hes one of those im surprised hasnt been pursued before. Ollie Watkins at Brentford another that should be attracting some interest (and the clubs losing them should be looking at Ivan Toney from Pboro ;) )

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s not the best of Ox yet - when he arrived he was in and out of the team until towards the end of the season he was flying and scored some great goals and was key in wins that got us to the CL final - then he suffered that awful knee injury and has been trying to get back to top form since then - he has shown the odd glimpses but fingers crossed because if he gets through to the end of the season he will play for England and will prob start , then a good pre season and go again for us - he gives us an option in the middle and has done ok , certainly think he would still walk back in the Arsenal midfield.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s not the best of Ox yet - when he arrived he was in and out of the team until towards the end of the season he was flying and scored some great goals and was key in wins that got us to the CL final - then he suffered that awful knee injury and has been trying to get back to top form since then - he has shown the odd glimpses but fingers crossed because if he gets through to the end of the season he will play for England and will prob start , then a good pre season and go again for us - he gives us an option in the middle and has done ok , certainly think he would still walk back in the Arsenal midfield.

wouldnt fit into our midfield, as he didnt before he left tbh, shown the odd glimpses is what hes always done without ever kicking on to a higher consistent level, i like him and hope he does but still to be convinced that he will especially after the setback of the injury

still beggars belief we got over 30m for him and nothing for Ramsey

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently Spurs have had a fee agreed for Giroud! I'd be very happy with that. Can't believe that Chelsea are going to sanction that, even if we do have six points to make up - I thought they'd rather we attempted it without a striker! Unless he's coming in as an enemy agent to sabotage us... Anyway, would be a good signing to give us a proper forward while Kane is out. (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently Spurs have had a fee agreed for Giroud! I'd be very happy with that. Can't believe that Chelsea are going to sanction that, even if we do have six points to make up - I thought they'd rather we attempted it without a striker! Unless he's coming in as an enemy agent to sabotage us... Anyway, would be a good signing to give us a proper forward while Kane is out. (y)
He doesn't really score goals though does he? Good hold up play, brings others into the game but is not going to bulge the net too often. Another Llorente for you. Gets you through to the end of the season I suppose