Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He doesn't really score goals though does he? Good hold up play, brings others into the game but is not going to bulge the net too often. Another Llorente for you. Gets you through to the end of the season I suppose
I think he’s got a better goal threat than llorente. Also fits the mourning mould. Hard working as helps facilitate the midfielders getting goals.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think he’s got a better goal threat than llorente. Also fits the mourning mould. Hard working as helps facilitate the midfielders getting goals.
That is fine as long as that is what his role is. If they want him to score 8-10 goals by the end of the season then he is not the person for it. If Spurs have the midfielders to feed off him then he is ideal. He is a classy player, he has just forgotten how to score.

I think it says something if Chelsea are happy to loan him to Spurs.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He doesn't really score goals though does he? Good hold up play, brings others into the game but is not going to bulge the net too often. Another Llorente for you. Gets you through to the end of the season I suppose
It's better than zero strikers for the next two/three months. Dele plays well if you get him close to a target man, Son needs someone to feed off as he gets lost if he is the front man, and Lucas obviously doesn't have the size to hold up the ball, win headers etc. So Giroud will be useful as a focal point. (Oh and Giroud is a much better footballer than Llorente.)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That is fine as long as that is what his role is. If they want him to score 8-10 goals by the end of the season then he is not the person for it. If Spurs have the midfielders to feed off him then he is ideal. He is a classy player, he has just forgotten how to score.

I think it says something if Chelsea are happy to loan him to Spurs.
I think what orikuru says is about right. Nobody is gonna replace Kane, but Son, lamela, dele. All need a player to play behind.

In other news. Joshua King back to UTD pmsl

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. I don't see you often enough to know your style of play. He is a quality hold up player so that may well suit.

Very quiet window so far. All very calm.

Wolf

Visit site
Giroud going nowhere according to Lamoard at todays press conference couple of hours agi stating no ins or outs and Chelsea today and Giroud had just trained for the weekends game

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Whilst we need some experienced and proven players to strengthen the talented, but young team & squad we have, I’m pleased we didn’t panic buy, that, on experience, doesn’t work, so I’m happy to battle on with what we have and build in the summer and then go all out for the players that are best suited for us whilst releasing at least 3 possibly 4 players and become the challengers I believe we can.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All in all a good window for us

Roberto loaned out.. thank goodness.. couldnt catch coronavirus

Replaced him with Randolph. Good second choice goalkeeper.. still popular in the dressing room from his previous speall

young Czech central midfielder Thomas Soucek. should add some steal and depth to our midfield.

then finally we added Bowen late last night.. 23 year old very talented winger/striker.. 52 goals in 120 odd games in the championship which isnt a bad return at all

we need to beat brighton today

then we got 2 tough games.. hopefully by then our injuries should clear a bit and we can finally see this kind of formation

-----------------------Fabainski

Fredericks----Diop---Ogbonna----Arthur

----------------Rice (c) -- Soucek

Bowen------------Antonio-------Anderson

-------------------Haller

that front 3 behind the striker can litterally all interchange at any time but the 2 holding players providing defensive cover

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s certainly an interesting deadline day - well if you look at Man Utd and the way they desperately scratched around for a striker and ended up with Ighalo ?? , what a change it is when they are acting in this way , all the desperation. I don’t see think they have done enough to improve to bridge the gap to the top 4

West Ham has brought in a number of players - no idea about the Czech guy but Bowen from Hull is very highly rated - have they done enough to stay up ?

Sheff Utd getting Berge is a superb buy - that’s one of the best of the window

Spurs - let two full backs leave so left with just Aurier and Davies ? They seemed to have weakened during the window

Not sure there was really much else that went on and definatley no real eye opening signings