Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We couldn't come from behind under Silva, something that has thankfully changed. We still have issues that need looking at in the summer but the ship has definitely been corrected.

The fact that we are so close to 5th says a great deal about the standard of the league this year. Not vintage.
Eh you with your non vintage nonsense! Been waiting 30 yrs for this!! ☹️

?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
LB, here we go again. Every time you read a post that mentions Liverpool you play the Victim. Yes I will say it out loud. The victim. I have no quarrel with whatever team it is and that includes Liverpool. Although with your rose tinted Liverpool glasses you will find that hard to believe. My grief is with the situation in which this arose. And which has now possibly happened. I saw it nearly happen when Utd beat City. I saw Rashford go down, ref gave no penalty and City nearly scored at the other end. How was that right. It wasn’t. Oh look a City fan saying Utd should of had a penalty. And IF and I have said this before, if it shows on MOTD that it should of been a penalty. Then such an occasion should be stopped from happening in the future. Unless it benefits Liverpool. Is that what you are saying. For the record, your now blocked. I am fed up of reading your victim crap every time your club is mentioned. But before I go a bit of advice try having a grown up discussion. Without having to name call.
And just for you I have typed this slowly so you can read it. ?
oh look a couple of likes are from Liverpool fans, who would of thought that.

The sycophantic likes crack me up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
LB, here we go again. Every time you read a post that mentions Liverpool you play the Victim. Yes I will say it out loud. The victim. I have no quarrel with whatever team it is and that includes Liverpool. Although with your rose tinted Liverpool glasses you will find that hard to believe. My grief is with the situation in which this arose. And which has now possibly happened. I saw it nearly happen when Utd beat City. I saw Rashford go down, ref gave no penalty and City nearly scored at the other end. How was that right. It wasn’t. Oh look a City fan saying Utd should of had a penalty. And IF and I have said this before, if it shows on MOTD that it should of been a penalty. Then such an occasion should be stopped from happening in the future. Unless it benefits Liverpool. Is that what you are saying. For the record, your now blocked. I am fed up of reading your victim crap every time your club is mentioned. But before I go a bit of advice try having a grown up discussion. Without having to name call.
And just for you I have typed this slowly so you can read it. ?
oh look a couple of likes are from Liverpool fans, who would of thought that.
wow I agree with a scab ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Anyone got links to both the incidents?

Been told I’m having a sleepover in the front room this evening and not sure motd is on the cards.....

I was in the upper Anny today both were right in front of me. Stephens(I think) impeded Firmino from jumping for a ball that was crossed and looked like a blatant foul. fabinho tackled Ings on the edge of the box and fell backwards, Ings then went down in installments about 5 yards behind fabinho.
The above was in real time and I haven’t seen them since though just heard Linekers comments suggesting both were pens.?‍♂️

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I was in the upper Anny today both were right in front of me. Stephens(I think) impeded Firmino from jumping for a ball that was crossed and looked like a blatant foul. fabinho tackled Ings on the edge of the box and fell backwards, Ings then went down in installments about 5 yards behind fabinho.
The above was in real time and I haven’t seen them since though just heard Linekers comments suggesting both were pens.?‍♂️

tbh mate. Losing today doesn’t really bother me, I’m not silly enough to think even at 1 up (if your pen wasn’t given and ours was) we’d have necessarily won. Just curious if ours was even reviewed...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree about the quality this season. I didn't see you do much in the window so can Ancelotti get the best from what you have now? What do you need to buy in the summer and is their cash there to do it?
Past January buys have generally not worked well so I am happy for us to save our money and make better quality buys in the summer. Plan and buy well rather than make panic buys.

We have enough in the team to finish top half this year but not top 5. We should have been able to based on the rest of the league this year but we messed up the first half of the season. Ancelotti has put round pegs in round holes, looked at the players we have and is playing to their strengths rather than forcing them to play to a style they are not suited to. Not rocket science but so many managers don't follow this simple method. Listening to him talk he breaks the game down in such an easy way, it makes sense.

What do we need, mmmmm. More creativity in the middle definitely, partly sorted when Gomes comes back. Sigurdsson hasn't done the job we bought him for so that needs resolving. We haven't successfully replaced Gueye, Schneiderlin has had his chance and not taken it so that's another area to look at. An older striker than the two youngsters we have, one with a bit more of a goal scorers nose. Calvert-Lewin has come on well, jury is out on Keane, but if CL isn't scoring we don't have someone yet to challenge or replace him.

The cash will be there. They will need to offload some players, FFP reasons, but the new owner has money and is willing to spend it. I also can't believe that we would have got Ancelotti and then told him that he wont be able to spend this summer. Hopefully no more Iwobi's though ?.

Are your mob going to join us next season? You are quietly getting there.

D

Deleted member 1740

tbh mate. Losing today doesn’t really bother me, I’m not silly enough to think even at 1 up (if your pen wasn’t given and ours was) we’d have necessarily won. Just curious if ours was even reviewed...

as far as I’m aware all pen shouts are reviewed regardless of how much Klopp has paid the VAR officials ?

Southampton were dangerous today, looked solid and created a few bits aswell.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
as far as I’m aware all pen shouts are reviewed regardless of how much Klopp has paid the VAR officials ?

Southampton were dangerous today, looked solid and created a few bits aswell.
Has he actually paid em, or just had a quiet chat to disrupt em? ??

mate at golf gutted today. Had liverpool btts for a tidy profit In an accumulator.

D

Deleted member 1740

I don’t want to suggest that you might be whingeing unnecessarily, but wouldn’t VAR have checked both incidents...and before you accuse me of being a victim, rose tinted or any other pathetic names, I’m a Burnley/Derby fan

What did you do in a previous life to deserve supporting those clubs??

D

Deleted member 1740

Has he actually paid em, or just had a quiet chat to disrupt em? ??

mate at golf gutted today. Had liverpool btts for a tidy profit In an accumulator.

According to the conspiracy theorists ?

It pays to do a bit of research.....since 1st December we’ve only conceded 3 league goals?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are your mob going to join us next season? You are quietly getting there.

Would be nice and we are doing OK but still capable of losing silly games. We won't go up by right so anything can happen once you get into the play-offs and Fulham never do things easily. I think we have some good players but the fear is how much depth we'll have and will we be strong enough. Not sure we will and really don't want to become one of these constant yo-yo sides. Also not 100% convinced Parker has enough experience about him as well. We'll see.

As an outsider, Everton look like one of those sides that are capable of building a decent squad and getting to the edges of the top 6 again, maybe even win a cup, so hopefully Ancelotti will get the cash and more importantly the time to do the job

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve watched the Ings incident twice now, and I’d never have given a pen for it, don’t care what pundits might say, it’s subjective and strikers are biased to other strikers and come out with shite like, ‘if he feels contact he has the right and should go down’, this from the likes of Shearer, but imo it’s a contact sport and there’s a difference between contact and a foul, and Ings wasn’t fouled imo.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
According to the conspiracy theorists ?

It pays to do a bit of research.....since 1st December we’ve only conceded 3 league goals?
i did say that (well, that your defence and tightened up, didn’t have exact detail). Tbf, think he was more banking on the fact we had only fired blanks in like 17 games.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dad’s from Trawden, near Burnley.
I’m Derby born & bred!

I couldn’t be one of those glory supporters, who live nowhere near a place but claim to have been a fan for life - so many Utd, Citeh and Liverpool fans with absolutely no links to the place

thats no way to talk about half this thread ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ve watched the Ings incident twice now, and I’d never have given a pen for it, don’t care what pundits might say, it’s subjective and strikers are biased to other strikers and come out with shite like, ‘if he feels contact he has the right and should go down’, this from the line of Shearer, but imo it’s a contact spirt and there’s a difference between contact and a foul, and Ings wasn’t fouled imo.

I never thought it in real time, slo mo replays can often make a tackle/collision look worse than it actually is.

D

Deleted member 1147

i nearly joked that at least one of his sides had won this weekend before not tempting fate lol
Burnley never beat Arsenal, they get too many dodgy decisions late in the game