Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because we were short on wingers obviously. Maybe he can play right back?

Has played 16 games this season either behind the striker or as a CF for PSV. 2 goals, 7 assists in 10 games playing as an attacking midfielder. He's versatile, good dribbler, he's quick, agile, and he's only 22. He'll be a good signing I reckon.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has played 16 games this season either behind the striker or as a CF for PSV. 2 goals, 7 assists in 10 games playing as an attacking midfielder. He's versatile, good dribbler, he's quick, agile, and he's only 22. He'll be a good signing I reckon.
Yeah, maybe. It's just the only area where we're well-stocked so I can't see him getting loads of minutes. A proper striker, right back, or even a centre back would have all been the priorities in my book. But we've signed a midfielder and a winger.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, maybe. It's just the only area where we're well-stocked so I can't see him getting loads of minutes. A proper striker, right back, or even a centre back would have all been the priorities in my book. But we've signed a midfielder and a winger.
Perhaps your manager feels the current stock aren't either good enough, or trying hard enough.
Nothing like fresh competition to get existing players to up their game and effort.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps your manager feels the current stock aren't either good enough, or trying hard enough.
Nothing like fresh competition to get existing players to up their game and effort.
I don't disagree but if we go through another transfer window with Aurier as the only senior right back that's borderline negligent.

D

Deleted member 15344

Fernandes to United now a done deal according to Fabrizio Romano - 55m euros initial fee plus a potential further 25m in add-ons.

Steven Bergwijn has completed his move to Spurs as well and will take Eriksen's number. Exciting young player, good signing for them.

Will be interesting to see how the Fernandes signing works out , a lot of pressure - great stats in the Portuguese League but a big step up now - one thing I see it as the end of Pogba in the summer

As for the guy Spurs have bought - can only ask why am have they bought him when they are screaming out for a striker and full backs and they certainly have cover in the “attacking mid/wide players”

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will be interesting to see how the Fernandes signing works out , a lot of pressure - great stats in the Portuguese League but a big step up now - one thing I see it as the end of Pogba in the summer

As for the guy Spurs have bought - can only ask why am have they bought him when they are screaming out for a striker and full backs and they certainly have cover in the “attacking mid/wide players”

One thing's for sure, Pogba aside, he's better than anything we currently have.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal sign Pablo Mari on loan from Flamengo with an option to buy. A 26 year old Spanish defender who was previously signed by Man City in 2016, never played a game for them, went on loan for 3 seasons before moving to Flamengo for £1m. Interesting, not sure he's the answer to their defensive problems, but Raul Sanllehi and Mikel Arteta may have seen something in him that Txiki and Pep didn't.

D

Deleted member 15344

One thing's for sure, Pogba aside, he's better than anything we currently have.

That’s very much true - but then it’s just Mata , Lingard and Periera that he is battling - and hard to create without a focal point in front of him. Certainly straight into the deep end

Arsenal sign Pablo Mari on loan from Flamengo with an option to buy. A 26 year old Spanish defender who was previously signed by Man City in 2016, never played a game for them, went on loan for 3 seasons before moving to Flamengo for £1m. Interesting, not sure he's the answer to their defensive problems, but Raul Sanllehi and Mikel Arteta may have seen something in him that Txiki and Pep didn't.

Phil Vickery was impressed with him for Flamengo - was a key player in them winning the title and then the Copa - was very good in the Club World Cup final . And can he be any worse than Mustafi

In other news - Everton reject £85 mil bid for Richarlinson from Barcelona ? - well that’s a potential disruption - head turning for the player , and the club rejecting such a big bid

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf

Visit site
They saw he is leaps and bounds better than Mustafi...

From what I saw of him at club world Cup he looks a decent CB and hopefully will improve our defence, even if he doesn't hes better than Mustafi.. Plus it doesn't matter if it didn't work out at city that's happened to many players before who went on to improve and become superb players, just look at De Bruyne & Salah neither cut it at Chelsea, yet a few years later back in the Premier and now are true world class players.

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mari's apparently not particularly quick, but reads the game well, has good positioning and is a superb passer. Not sure he's the answer to Arsenal's problems, but yeah, can't be much worse than Mustafi and is an area they're sorely lacking depth in. Interested to see him play again as can't say he particularly stood out to me in the Club WC Final - was Willian Arao that stood out most to me in the defensive half of the pitch. Interesting signing, and good bit of business for Arsenal, no risk for them given it's a loan with an option to buy.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it, but I shall leaving the haven of a rather decent pub shortly and gong to watch whu be run over by Liverpool.

Still, at least I'll be able to comment on what's set before me...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it, but I shall leaving the haven of a rather decent pub shortly and gong to watch whu be run over by Liverpool.

Still, at least I'll be able to comment on what's set before me...

Just leaving home myself ....... feel like I’m going to a public execution! ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky Sports reporting that Everton turned down an £85m bid from Barcelona for Richarlison. Absolutely insane money that, amazed we turned it down really. I love Richarlison, but £85m is so much money, and money that we could do a lot with. January probably not the right time to lose a player like Richy though, would be very tough to replace. Partly happy, partly surprised.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sky Sports reporting that Everton turned down an £85m bid from Barcelona for Richarlison. Absolutely insane money that, amazed we turned it down really. I love Richarlison, but £85m is so much money, and money that we could do a lot with. January probably not the right time to lose a player like Richy though, would be very tough to replace. Partly happy, partly surprised.

If it was at the beginning of the window then I suspect it would be the start of negotiations etc but can’t do a deal at this time of the window like that when he is the clubs main player but it’s prob the start of him leaving and I guess that means Dembele will be leaving

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it was at the beginning of the window then I suspect it would be the start of negotiations etc but can’t do a deal at this time of the window like that when he is the clubs main player but it’s prob the start of him leaving and I guess that means Dembele will be leaving

Apparently they want him to cover Suarez who's out for the rest of the season, but doesn't seem like a like-for-like signing to me, even though Richy has been playing as a CF for us this season he is not a goalscorer of Suarez quality, nowhere near.