Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But is he. Pep says it’s wrong coz of the amount of games there expected to play. And he is told to buy more players with his Oil money. Liverpool have already had hold of the wrong end of a shitty stick re world club cup and Crappy boo cup. They now have the same problem with replays when Pep has said there should be none. Even the lower league clubs have said there is to much football. Even the fans are bogged off with to much football. Fans are not even bothered to go to FA cup games. So who is wrong. Good on Kloop for making a stand. The FA and Prem league have created a fixture monster.

Go and have a sit down, Tash. :D

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But is he. Pep says it’s wrong coz of the amount of games there expected to play. And he is told to buy more players with his Oil money. Liverpool have already had hold of the wrong end of a shitty stick re world club cup and Crappy boo cup. They now have the same problem with replays when Pep has said there should be none. Even the lower league clubs have said there is to much football. Even the fans are bogged off with to much football. Fans are not even bothered to go to FA cup games. So who is wrong. Good on Kloop for making a stand. The FA and Prem league have created a fixture monster.

Tbf I didn’t watch much of the fa cup at weekend as working nights, but I’d imagine any small club that hosted a top pl sold out.
Granted PL clubs may have had smaller home gates.

Let’s be honest, if for some reason at the end of the year there is a pile up of games. Both City and Liverpool will drop players in the league and prioritise the CL. That doesn’t make the PL worthless, it’s just that imo it’ll be sorted. That said, klopp n pep will start saying how it’s great to be busy as it shows they’re in the hunt for trophies. Well, the trophies that earn clubs money at least....

Re your final point, the pl and fa haven’t done anything wrong, some replays have already been scraped. Players play more European games now. Not more domestic games. But there’s too much much money in Europe. At best they’ll grumble ever so slightly about their fans being put out when trailing to the back end of nowhere to play a cup final.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tbf I didn’t watch much of the fa cup at weekend as working nights, but I’d imagine any small club that hosted a top pl sold out.
Granted PL clubs may have had smaller home gates.

Let’s be honest, if for some reason at the end of the year there is a pile up of games. Both City and Liverpool will drop players in the league and prioritise the CL. That doesn’t make the PL worthless, it’s just that imo it’ll be sorted. That said, klopp n pep will start saying how it’s great to be busy as it shows they’re in the hunt for trophies. Well, the trophies that earn clubs money at least....

Re your final point, the pl and fa haven’t done anything wrong, some replays have already been scraped. Players play more European games now. Not more domestic games. But there’s too much much money in Europe. At best they’ll grumble ever so slightly about their fans being put out when trailing to the back end of nowhere to play a cup final.

Been an odd weekend, City got the third highest attendance for FA cup, but Pep and others questioned where the missing fans were. Port Vale played City the previous round and 54 K went to the game. Port Vale brought about 7K. Fulham’s lot came in a mini bus. But it’s the last weekend in Jan with no wages. Folk are skint after Xmas and yet TV folk ask where fans were. Good write up from Tim Cahill about City’s approach to games. But how many clubs have City’s squad.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That’s just your interpretation of the subs.
Win or draw we still face another game .
Unless he thinks this team can go all the way, what difference does it make.
You’re europeans and world club champions as well as smashing the league. Of course he thinks you can win. Let’s be honest, it’s Shrewsbury and your youth team deserved to win.

Whilst it wasn’t the priority, I’m sure he wanted and expected to get the result first time out. He may change tact now it’s Chelsea if you’re through as you’ll need to play a proper team then, so depending in fixtures may prefer you get knocked out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You’re europeans and world club champions as well as smashing the league. Of course he thinks you can win. Let’s be honest, it’s Shrewsbury and your youth team deserved to win.

Whilst it wasn’t the priority, I’m sure he wanted and expected to get the result first time out. He may change tact now it’s Chelsea if you’re through as you’ll need to play a proper team then, so depending in fixtures may prefer you get knocked out.
So if we bear Shrews at Anfield you think he may put a full side out at Chealsea.
Giving up our unbeaten record at Anfield won’t look good in the record books.
Wether he cares about things like that I don’t know.
Not managing the team for the replay is a bit off imo.
But the cups are low priority at the moment.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So if we bear Shrews at Anfield you think he may put a full side out at Chealsea.
Giving up our unbeaten record at Anfield won’t look good in the record books.
Wether he cares about things like that I don’t know.
Not managing the team for the replay is a bit off imo.
But the cups are low priority at the moment.

I think if he doesn’t attend it’s a bit harsh on the kids.

I think if the youth lost at home he wouldn’t be too gutted now the draw has given you a game you’d need to put a proper team out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he will attend ,and the youth team manager will know the young lads better than him so can see the sense.
I just think if your going to play in a cup try to win it.
Or just opt out .
But if I was a Shrews fan I don’t want to watch Liverpool youth.
Just my opinion.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think opting out is a big no-no, once some clubs do that, were will it end?

It will devalue all competitions except the PL and the CL.

Football should be about all the clubs not the lucky/rich ones at the top, who could just decide whether they felt like it or not, thats a red line for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think opting out is a big no-no, once some clubs do that, were will it end?

It will devalue all competitions except the PL and the CL.

Football should be about all the clubs not the lucky/rich ones at the top, who could just decide whether they felt like it or not, thats a red line for me.
Maybe for the top four it’s the CL that’s the problem.
It used to be a knock out home and away ,now it’s just a money maker and a final in the farthest place they can find.

D

Deleted member 1740

That’s just your interpretation of the subs.
Win or draw we still face another game .
Unless he thinks this team can go all the way, what difference does it make.

You asked why he risked Bobby,mo and chamberlain and it’s obvious to anyone who watched the game exactly why. He wanted to win the game and avoid a replay. It really was that simple.

D

Deleted member 1740

I wouldnt normally agree with playing a severely weakend team but on this occasion I cant see what else we can do.

People cryarsing about young players being given a chance and wanting clubs fined etc, these types of games will be more beneficial to them than just another u23s game.

Further proof the PL looking after themselves and their brand whilst everyone else can go and do one. This staggered winter break shows how much pull sponsors actually have.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldnt normally agree with playing a severely weakend team but on this occasion I cant see what else we can do.

People cryarsing about young players being given a chance and wanting clubs fined etc, these types of games will be more beneficial to them than just another u23s game.

Further proof the PL looking after themselves and their brand whilst everyone else can go and do one. This staggered winter break shows how much pull sponsors actually have.
Do you think with Klopp stating he’s going to play the kids it will affect the attendance significantly?
Maybe half the ticket prices .

D

Deleted member 1740

Do you think with Klopp stating he’s going to play the kids it will affect the attendance significantly?
Maybe half the ticket prices .

At full price probably, at the price point initially suggested >£30 we'll still sell out.

Dont forget theres 20,000+ on the ACS alone regardless of opposition and price theyll have already sold.

Now bearing in mind any U23 game played at Anfield is £3 to get in, ST holders free, how can they justify £30 tickets based on that?

Shrewsbury will be entitled to a % gate receipts so theyll have to agree to any price reductions.

In my opinion £10 adult £5 kids would be the true value, anything above that is taking the piss