Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

so hes taking a request and applying it to a game thats completely outside the remit of the request, so basically nothing to do with it, and youre saying hes following the rules? ok then

I didn’t say anything about following rules ?

And believe the winter break was agreed in conjunction with the FA and it’s their cup

D

Deleted member 1740

so hes taking a request and applying it to a game thats completely outside the remit of the request, so basically nothing to do with it, and youre saying hes following the rules? ok then

?? you’re on a wind up......The PL have told all clubs not play any game during the scheduled winter break. The FA have scheduled a replay in that week. if Klopp plays his 1st team then he’s in breach of the PL rule, no?

Add into that he’s already booked a week in Dubai and Mrs Klopp won’t be happy if it’s cancelled ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would take some of what Ole says with a pinch of salt, as he is in "defensive" mode.

On a recent interview he railed when he was asked if Rashford would be out until the next internationals break as if it was a massive exaggeration, but when asked how many weeks it would possibly be, virtually concurred with it. I dont blame him as managers dont always have to tell the truth, and also have to protect the club/players as well, but recently he is starting to have that panicked look in interviews, that is the sign of a manager dying on his arse.
You would be the expert having had plenty of manager dying on their arse

D

Deleted member 1740

By winning we go to the next round = another game .
If he dosnt want any more games just lose and go out!
Not struggling with that.

And that’s exactly what he tried to do by bringing Salah,Firmino and Chamberlain on, yet you’ve moaned that he’s risked those 3 players!

What else did you expect him to do?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
itll be interesting to see if the FA punish us for not fielding a full strength team....

I personally would like to see this brought in across the board, not because of your current situation, but for, and against all clubs that field a full or large amount of changes.

All our domestic cups however they are perceived in a managers, clubs or fans order of importance, should all be fully respected as they are our own domestic cups, which have, or should have, some historic value and pride afforded to them.

Players from lower leagues not only at times get to play at a PL ground, which is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity, but to then not play against some of the best top drawer players of that club is stealing their dreams, how dare you ?

But seriously, I’d like to see a percentage of first team players having to play in all our domestic cups.

If a club has chosen to play in a tournament that only benefits that club commercially, then it is simply being disingenuous towards our own history and domestic cups and should be punished, not financially as that has little affect nowadays to those clubs that get involved in these tours during our season, but a real punishment like being removed from the FA Cup would be appropriate imo, as the club is not taking such a cup and it’s history seriously, irrelevant of the excuse of giving youth a chance, you play, for example 50% of first team players or your removed, simples.

D

Deleted member 1740

I personally would like to see this brought in across the board, not because of your current situation, but for, and against all clubs that field a full or large amount of changes.

All our domestic cups however they are perceived in a managers, clubs or fans order of importance, should all be fully respected as they are our own domestic cups, which have, or should have, some historic value and pride afforded to them.

Players from lower leagues not only at times get to play at a PL ground, which is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity, but to then not play against some of the best top drawer players of that club is stealing their dreams, how dare you ?

But seriously, I’d like to see a percentage of first team players having to play in all our domestic cups.

If a club has chosen to play in a tournament that only benefits that club commercially, then it is simply being disingenuous towards our own history and domestic cups and should be punished, not financially as that has little affect nowadays to those clubs that get involved in these tours during our season, but a real punishment like being removed from the FA Cup would be appropriate imo, as the club is not taking such a cup and it’s history seriously, irrelevant of the excuse of giving youth a chance, you play, for example 50% of first team players or your removed, simples.

I had a long winded post lined up but in essence it's the result of the dollar being worth more than the success.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t believe any club has chosen to play in any comps - they are automatically entered into a competition where they either qualify or are part of the association

Each clubs responsibility is to their own club - it’s not up to them to worry about other clubs “dreams” etc.

The minute the money arrived into the game from the Prem then the level of importance of those domestic cups dropped - why do we need two domestic cups ? Some nations because of the workload of the players are removing the cups to help the clubs and indeed the player - players now nearly play all year round because National FA’s arranging summer friendlies etc so a player can’t play every single game - you will flog them until they start getting serious injuries

Teams should never be forced to play any player - it’s up to the manager to manage his squad appropriately for the priorities of that team - that could be for the league or CL but domestic cups are becoming just a nice thing If they don’t get in way of other priorities- money talks , money gets the grounds , get the big players , gets the world wide attraction. It’s ugly but it’s a change that happened decades ago

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Most PL squads are around 23-25 players an I'd love to see a rule that says a minimum of 6 first team players have to play in cup games whether that is starting or coming off the bench and if not they are simply DQ'd from the competition and a fine imposed. There has to be some integrity to the competitions and I can't really see how managers can hide behind the "players are tired" or "we are playing too many games" when there is more than enough in a squad to rotate and rest some. let others recover from injuries etc.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And that’s exactly what he tried to do by bringing Salah,Firmino and Chamberlain on, yet you’ve moaned that he’s risked those 3 players!

What else did you expect him to do?
It seems to me you don’t understand the difference between a general discussion and moaning.
I only asked why he brought them on and risked them for a comp he has no interest in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems to me you don’t understand the difference between a general discussion and moaning.
I only asked why he brought them on and risked them for a comp he has no interest in.
If you're trying to avoid a reply, your options are A) bring in some good players to try and win the game, or B) instruct your players to concede a late goal. I reckon he would have taken more flak for B than for A. :LOL:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're trying to avoid a reply, your options are A) bring in some good players to try and win the game, or B) instruct your players to concede a late goal. I reckon he would have taken more flak for B than for A. :LOL:

If the team he put out were not good enough to win so be it.
But by putting big players on to win the game the result is the same = another game.!
He has no interest in the FA cup I am just trying to see the logic.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

This ?, have to say that City under Pep have respected the comps they go in inc the league cup. If anything the fans give Pep a little stick for not playing enough young ones. Which it appears he has done this year. Ut Tash thinks that may well be due to injuries in the back line more than owt else.
Re. To respecting the cups, if you don’t play in the earlier rounds you don’t play in the final.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

As a football fan I agree what you are trying to encourage, but overall big conversations have to be had with regards to competitions/fixtures/replays with the football league, FA, premier league, UEFA and FIFA.

However, with the amount of self-interest and stupidity amongst all of them "organisations", I dont expect anything soon, or workable.

I would love to get the FA cup back to what it was in the 70's and 80's, doubt we will, but lots of things can be done to get it at least partially there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the team he put out were not good enough to win so be it.
But by putting big players on to win the game the result is the same = another game.!
He has no interest in the FA cup I am just trying to see the logic.
Well the logic is you can't set out to deliberately lose a game as that would be absurd. Also what would that do to the confidence of the back-up players? "I am playing you because I want us to lose this one." "Cheers gaffer."