Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
chelsea last night were awful (against the worst arsenal for a long time), city had to time waste to beat sheff utd, leicester were under the cosh at 2-1 against west ham, united losing to burnley, spurs limped past norwich

certainly not a vintage year apart from one side ;)

Said it before, this season is similar to when Leicester won the league, difference being one team is consistent. the Brucey Bonus this season again is Leicester the “ one season wonders” are having another “one season wonder” and are going to keep another team off the top table in the champs league.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes but no one is moaning about the keeper off the line are they, they are moaning about the wrongful decision. Forget it’s City, as I have mentioned I have. It didn’t affect the result. But again, it is wrong.

I must admit, I was shocked when it wasnt re-taken last night.

Only seen the David Luiz one once as well, but what happened to double-jeopardy?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll try and help Tashy :) If we time wasted (don't get BT Sport) after we scored (73 minutes) then that's nothing new by ANY team. The debate on here was teams time-wasting from the first minute. As for Fernandinho - he'd be pretty much top of my list if I was picking the team week after week. Most teams and their fans would love to have him and this cycnical fouling (him and the team as a whole) has become another stick to beat City with. Every team does it.

But do they do it as "systematically" as City, I doubt anyone would agree there.

Everyone does it occasionally, but with city it looks like it is done this way, and dare I say, its as if they practice it?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must admit, I was shocked when it wasnt re-taken last night.

Only seen the David Luiz one once as well, but what happened to double-jeopardy?
That's only if they make a genuine attempt at winning the ball. To send him off the ref must have reckoned he hauled Abraham down deliberately.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
chelsea last night were awful (against the worst arsenal for a long time), city had to time waste to beat sheff utd, leicester were under the cosh at 2-1 against west ham, united losing to burnley, spurs limped past norwich

certainly not a vintage year apart from one side ;)

We were never supposed to achieve anything that could be construed as a ‘vintage year’, we were written off and being punted to finish around 6th, if we were lucky, before a ball was kicked.

I don’t know why people are trying to compare us to Chelsea teams of the past, especially when we we have had our best player leave, leaders left prematurely and be in a position not to replace any of them!

We have more of an excuse to be struggling with such a young team than any other team around us, especially Arsenal, Spurs & Man Utd.

We have players that we had to bring in from Championship teams on loan with little or no PL experience and promote from our youth squads, and we all know what a step up that is.

And many of those players were also written off before a ball was kicked as being inexperienced or not good enough.

And yet we’re 4th, and with a decent points gap (6) to 5th, and many more points (10) to others that have not had the constraints we have had and have no real excuses, other than just being shite!

Tammy has performed brilliantly in the context of things, but he needs help & support, the young midfield as talented as some are can’t give that week in week out, our back 4 lacks leadership, strength and experience, too many players are inconsistent and we can’t defend the basics of corners, crosses and set pieces.

Kepa is also young and is found wanting at times, he should be doing better, especially in making the 6yd box his own, but as a small keeper, he doesn’t come off his line enough for me and currently lacks confidence, one reason for me is not having a leader in front of him.

The problems we are experiencing are own making, so to be where we are, and with throwing 10+ points away to teams we should have beaten at home, we are, because teams that would expect to be above us with all our current weaknesses, actually doing very well and I’m more than hopeful if we buy the right experienced players to fill those gaps, we have the foundation to be a great and powerful team going forward.

But currently too much is being asked of and expected from the young guns to push our great start out for a full season, it’s simply too much for them.

If Spurs are complaining about fatigue, what must our young squad be feeling!

So the knockers can knock all they like, most have their own issues, which some are historic and won’t change anytime soon, whereas our fortunes will change, and with 2-3 strong signings, either in this window or the summer, it’s us that will still finish top 4, not them this season, and it’s us that will be challenging Liverpool next season, not them!

Sometimes it doesn’t take much to transform a young hungry team, VVD is evidence of that, we just need to find our key signing/s now and build around the young talent we have.

Tashyboy

Visit site
But do they do it as "systematically" as City, I doubt anyone would agree there.

Everyone does it occasionally, but with city it looks like it is done this way, and dare I say, its as if they practice it?

I dont they practice it, Dinho looks au natural. What tickles me is how the City crowd goes mad when it happens to a City player. ???

Tashyboy

Visit site
Rio Ferdinand saying Utd fans have never left old Trafford before the end of a game. Er 1-6 rings a bell. That aside Utd are in free games fall with the most expensive squad in the prem, highest wage bill. And Utd fans singing about the death of Ed Woodward. Not good at all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So OGS has now lost more PL games than he's won, fans walking out and the side so inconsistent. Word has it the board are going to stick with him, but in my opinion he really doesn't look like the long terms solution. With Pogba looking to be on the way out (probably a good thing) they are woefully short of players. This sums it up nicely https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51171137

D

Deleted member 15344

Well the results keep making things interesting in a number of aspects in the league

When you look at the table there are loads of issues and scenarios that could happen

I think it’s pretty clear the top 3 are not going to change - but below it’s very interesting

4th spot - currently Chelsea are in it but just 6 points clear -three teams below are in the race - Spurs , Man Utd and Wolves - all capable of having a run bit of also dropping points - Chelsea need a good couple of weeks. I would actually look at Wolves being the bigger danger to Chelsea - Spurs and UTD have big issues

Europa spot will then be filled by the two team who dont make 4th

Then below Sheff utd are probably safe , Southampton just about but then below there is a 7 point gap from 10th to 18th and anyone of those teams could get dragged in but i think the teams that will be ok are

Arsenal , Palace , Everton , Burnley and Newcastle

Norwich are gone imo so the final two spots are from

Brighton , Villa , West Ham , Bournemouth and Watford

For me West Ham are in big trouble along with Brighton and it’s those two that j see going down

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't think West Ham will go down. Norwich will go and I can see Bournemouth joining them and then one from Brighton, Villa and Watford. For me it would be between Brighton and Villa as I think Watford have goals in them while.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well the results keep making things interesting in a number of aspects in the league

When you look at the table there are loads of issues and scenarios that could happen

I think it’s pretty clear the top 3 are not going to change - but below it’s very interesting

4th spot - currently Chelsea are in it but just 6 points clear -three teams below are in the race - Spurs , Man Utd and Wolves - all capable of having a run bit of also dropping points - Chelsea need a good couple of weeks. I would actually look at Wolves being the bigger danger to Chelsea - Spurs and UTD have big issues

Europa spot will then be filled by the two team who dont make 4th

Then below Sheff utd are probably safe , Southampton just about but then below there is a 7 point gap from 10th to 18th and anyone of those teams could get dragged in but i think the teams that will be ok are

Arsenal , Palace , Everton , Burnley and Newcastle

Norwich are gone imo so the final two spots are from

Brighton , Villa , West Ham , Bournemouth and Watford

For me West Ham are in big trouble along with Brighton and it’s those two that j see going down

I think we are gone

The owners won't put hands in their pockets .. they hide behind summer signings but they trimmed the squad so thin at same time ...

We crying out for pace and leaving our young winger who I can never spell name of on loan at West brom

We need a decent midfielder and a good right back

We sold obiang and Byram in summer ..at least with them in squad with these current injury's we wouldn't be forced to use zabs who is class but legs completely gone and a very very slow midfield

We looked better when anontio came on but he isn't fully fit and once he tired the foxes picked us off

Liverpool next .. with them twice within a month period

That's gonna smash the goal difference