Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I refer Fundy and the forum Troll to post 8646 from earlier in the day. Plus 67% possession and 18 shots ain’t bad for a to
timewasting team. Gotta be a new prem league record.
tut tut

And post 8646 has nothing about the time wasting from City last night , it was just a load of drivel about VAR and no doubt City being hard done by again

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll try and help Tashy :) If we time wasted (don't get BT Sport) after we scored (73 minutes) then that's nothing new by ANY team. The debate on here was teams time-wasting from the first minute. As for Fernandinho - he'd be pretty much top of my list if I was picking the team week after week. Most teams and their fans would love to have him and this cycnical fouling (him and the team as a whole) has become another stick to beat City with. Every team does it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stats never tell the whole story but interesting reading all the same here:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/fouls

Fernandinho in 94th place with 18...well behind Xhaka in 4th place with 38. Or are they all stupid, blatant ones so that's acceptable?

xhakas are definitely likely to be stupid and blatant hence he gets as many cards as he does, nothing he does is acceptable thats for sure, not sure hes the ideal comparison though lol

last night fernandinho committed 3 fouls all from the wrong side of the Sheff utd player (2 in the first 10 or 15 mins), each time stopping the breakaway yet the ref didnt get close to booking him, could have been booked for any or all of them

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll try and help Tashy :) If we time wasted (don't get BT Sport) after we scored (73 minutes) then that's nothing new by ANY team. The debate on here was teams time-wasting from the first minute. As for Fernandinho - he'd be pretty much top of my list if I was picking the team week after week. Most teams and their fans would love to have him and this cycnical fouling (him and the team as a whole) has become another stick to beat City with. Every team does it.

no but was interested to see if Tashy was prepared to criticise his own team for something hes criticised several other sides for lately, or whether it only applies one way as so much does on this thread, time wasting is time wasting whatever time in the game it is

Would I want Fernandinho in my side, of course I would (and i wouldnt be wasting him at centre half either albeit hed get into our side in both centre half slots and both central midfield ones!), in fact you havent got 3 or 4 of him going spare have you? Doesnt mean he (and city as a whole) dont get away with the constant tactical fouling. Bit of luck Artetas brought it to Arsenal albeit having seen Luizs last night its not bedded in yet!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I did think that Amanda me duck. But am not rising to the bait. ?.What I found odd, BT gave man of the match to KDB according to me lad, BBC gave it to the sheff Utd keeper. So am assuming he was busy, but a couple of forums I go on gave it to Laporte.
so was he busy ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Last time both teams were at it - both had a player booked for it

As for the cynical fouls - it’s something that City and mainly Fernandino has done for a couple of years now but he is an superb player and been key for a number of years - just gets away with a lot of his fouls , the stats don’t show the ones he gets away with and the ones he should be carded for

In our game last year he did two tactical fools Within the space of five mins that both should have been a yellow card , Pep did it at Barce - Busquets was the master of it but was a key player , same when he was at Bayern .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did think that Amanda me duck. But am not rising to the bait. ?.What I found odd, BT gave man of the match to KDB according to me lad, BBC gave it to the sheff Utd keeper. So am assuming he was busy, but a couple of forums I go on gave it to Laporte.
so was he busy ?

KDB was as class as always, the ball for the goal reminds me so much of Bergkamp, and not many have done that since (as big a compliment i can give anyone). Keeper made 2 or 3 class saves. Laporte wouldnt be in the conversation for me

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
so was he busy ?

Nice to see Laporte back for sure.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a goal ?????

Would expect the crowd to be very annoyed

BD203A35-5991-4BE2-AA3B-D2669B649986.jpeg

If there werent so many empty seats ???

Can’t remember such a poor UTD team

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
chelsea last night were awful (against the worst arsenal for a long time), city had to time waste to beat sheff utd, leicester were under the cosh at 2-1 against west ham, united losing to burnley, spurs limped past norwich

certainly not a vintage year apart from one side ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

chelsea last night were awful (against the worst arsenal for a long time), city had to time waste to beat sheff utd, leicester were under the cosh at 2-1 against west ham, united losing to burnley, spurs limped past norwich

certainly not a vintage year apart from one side ;)

Whilst the tricky reds are just beating everyone in sight ?