Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a fan (understatement) but pretty sure Id be playing Xhaka at centre half for the rest of the season after tonights game, hes better than the other options and keeps him out of midfield!

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only saw the 2nd half but after going 1 down and with 10 men I thought we were dead and buried. We hadn't had a shot at goal till Gab scored. Hopefully this may change our season.

D

Deleted member 1740

Not a fan (understatement) but pretty sure Id be playing Xhaka at centre half for the rest of the season after tonights game, hes better than the other options and keeps him out of midfield!

This the same Xhaka that’s a liability in CM and you wanna play him CB? ???

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only saw the 2nd half but after going 1 down and with 10 men I thought we were dead and buried. We hadn't had a shot at goal till Gab scored. Hopefully this may change our season.

sadly it wont, we still dont have a fit defender who can actually defend, were lightweight in midfield and the players are still trying to understand what a new boss wants from them. there are some sprigs of hope in terms of attitude and structure but lets make no bones were 4 or 5 players at least away from being properly competitive and theyre not all turning up in the next 10 days, if anything we may we well get weaker if Aubam goes

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn’t watch the City game last night but I’m surprised Tash isn’t pointing out the blatant inconsistency that is making fans go mad.Sterling missed a penalty recently that got retaken because of encroachment,last night Jesus missed,not only was the keeper well off his line 2 SU players were in the box and should have been retaken.
These are basic decisions and so obvious.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I didn’t watch the City game last night but I’m surprised Tash isn’t pointing out the blatant inconsistency that is making fans go mad.Sterling missed a penalty recently that got retaken because of encroachment,last night Jesus missed,not only was the keeper well off his line 2 SU players were in the box and should have been retaken.
These are basic decisions and so obvious.

VAR doesn't check for goalie off the line. Anyway, he was on his line until Jesus stuttered, attackers shouldn't have it all their own way

Encroachment only applies if one of those defenders then clears the ball following the save, Or the attacker who encroaches scores the rebound

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
VAR doesn't check for goalie off the line. Anyway, he was on his line until Jesus stuttered, attackers shouldn't have it all their own way

Encroachment only applies if one of those defenders then clears the ball following the save, Or the attacker who encroaches scores the rebound
Let’s take your example then
Jesus misses the ball then is there for the rebound,the 2 defenders impede him getting to the ball but don’t touch it,Jesus can’t get a full contact because of the defenders and misses or the keeper saves it.
What happens

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Let’s take your example then
Jesus misses the ball then is there for the rebound,the 2 defenders impede him getting to the ball but don’t touch it,Jesus can’t get a full contact because of the defenders and misses or the keeper saves it.
What happens

Its not 'my example' - it's the rules

To your point, if theyve impeded him but not got the ball that's a foul, so another penalty.

D

Deleted member 15344

Very lack lustre display yesterday.

Serious question, Palace win the award for time wasting display of the season. But it has happened a hell of a lot this season at the Etihad. Am sure it’s a tactic like City’s professional fouls. But does it go on as much during other games ie Palace v Norwich, I could reel off half a dozen other teams that have done it. But is time wasting rife in the whole of the Prem league. What was funny, the palace keeper took and eternity to take goal kicks. When City went 2-1 up Ederson took an eternity to take a goal kick. The crowd loved it, well til Palace scored that was. ??
Thoughts from match goers please ?
Looking at last night if it’s happening at The Citys ground then the home team will be just as guilty of time wasting - certainly a lot of it last night from City