Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

but it’s not, Rodri has been a brilliant replacement for an aging Dinho, replacing Kompany was a Big problem. Ut City have got to a stage where they will not over pay. Am convinced we could of had Maguire or VVD if we had paid another £10 million but city said no.

Maguire yes - but you could have got him for less than UTD did if you went in at the beginning of the summer

But no - firmly believe that VVD had his heart set on Liverpool and that was the only place he was going

D

Deleted member 1740

but it’s not, Rodri has been a brilliant replacement for an aging Dinho, replacing Kompany was a Big problem. Ut City have got to a stage where they will not over pay. Am convinced we could of had Maguire or VVD if we had paid another £10 million but city said no.

ok, did you really need Rodri this summer? City knew from pretty much early Feb he was going surely there’s a CB out there whose an improvement on Otamendi and stones, that city could’ve signed. To blame (not you personally) this seasons results on losing Laporte and sane is laughable.

Sane was reported to be on his way out of the club and yes Laporte is a top CB so obviously a big miss but in this day and age you’ve got to pay top dollar for the elite.

i understand city don’t wanna pay over the odds but when you need to replace a major player it can’t be done on the cheap.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
ok, did you really need Rodri this summer? City knew from pretty much early Feb he was going surely there’s a CB out there whose an improvement on Otamendi and stones, that city could’ve signed. To blame (not you personally) this seasons results on losing Laporte and sane is laughable.

Sane was reported to be on his way out of the club and yes Laporte is a top CB so obviously a big miss but in this day and age you’ve got to pay top dollar for the elite.

i understand city don’t wanna pay over the odds but when you need to replace a major player it can’t be done on the cheap.

I think at the time, Pep thought Laporte, Stones and Otamendi is enough. It went tits up when Laporte had a lengthy injury and Stones is the Harry Kane of defenders in getting injured. He has been in and out. Ironically Dinho has been our best fall back CH. Garcia is very good from the academy but is a yard short of pace.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think at the time, Pep thought Laporte, Stones and Otamendi is enough. It went tits up when Laporte had a lengthy injury and Stones is the Harry Kane of defenders in getting injured. He has been in and out. Ironically Dinho has been our best fall back CH. Garcia is very good from the academy but is a yard short of pace.

Its akin to when we never got VVD in the summer and waited but went into the season without another CB, luckily it wasnt too damaging but it couldve been avoided. That said if we had of signed someone else we may not have went back for VVD.

Hindsights a wonderful thing...?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fernandinho getting away with 2 cynical fouls inside 10 mins without a card and keepers still allowed off their line for pens despite VAR, some things dont change lol

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He’s the captain, he has the right to ask why it’s stopped when it’s not a head injury, thems the rules!

shame he doesnt act like one rather than screaming in the refs face (as he did last time i watched him and the time before)

backed him to be booked to get double joy when the ref gets his card out :)