Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

How much of that money is spent on coaching referees at an early age.

That sentence from my original post is one of my points. The kid has a “ referees badge”. He is being paid to referee. But more Importantly, the kids pay to play in the comp. should they expect substandard referees. That 16 yr old in five or six years time will be coaching the same kids who will be giving him lip, but not as much as the parents god forbid. His referees coaching at this early age should be to a better standard than it was/ is. No one is convincing me that a 16 yr old who wants to referee should not be able to talk to 6 and 7 yr olds.
Your original post also questioned his qualifications and no mention of it being a private league or him wearing a badge, that info came later.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
2 points for a view -

Harry Maguire - watched the Liv/ManU game and I still don't rate him that highly myself, solid premier league quality but a throwback to centre halfs of yesteryear for me, decent in the air but too slow and not enough of a ball player for the modern game at the very top level. Nemanja Vidic/Rio Ferdinand he is not. Notice Leicester doing much better without him.

Raheem Sterling - a much improved player but do you think he ever regrets leaving Liverpool given where they are now under Klopp? About to become England's biggest wealthiest club, as well as League Champions again finally? Appreciate he's won a lot domestically at City but it must cross his mind. I think LIverpool are getting to the point of becoming a pinnacle club in Europe i.e. they won't lose their very best players anymore to Barca/Bayern etc.

Maguire, when he played for Leicester last year v City I was very impressed with him. Deffo an old school,centre half in the Richard Dunne mould ?. But he is comfortable on the ball. Having said that, he looks like he has gone backwards.

Re Sterling, don’t think for one minute he regrets leaving. Brendon Rodgers hit the nail on the head when he said Sterling wants to win trophies, it didn’t look like he could at Liverpool at that time. The teams he has played in have played some of the best football this country has seen. ( until this season). Ironically a season where he has been poor. Truth be told. If Sterling had stayed at Liverpool. He wouldn’t be in front of Mane, Bobby or Mo. I think your comments re Sterling, the same could be said of Coutinho. Does he regret leaving. What the sale of Sterling and Firmino has done is given Liverpool some serious brass and enabled them to buy players they desperately needed in VVD and Allison. The rest they say is history. What was forgotten at the time of sterling going to City was Milner going to Liverpool. Did he ever regret going to Liverpool for X years and seeing his ex blues win a number of trophies. Me finks not.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Your original post also questioned his qualifications and no mention of it being a private league or him wearing a badge, that info came later.
I didn’t see it as that important in a sense that the comp was run by a a private company. It is known to the Notts FA and is played under normal FA rules. The thing is though now Paul, when I was involved in football 20 yrs ago, the only non club, schools football was when they had summer camps for football. Young Bradley Tash now goes to “ mini kicks”. Again it is a private company that teaches football. The lads are about 18-20 yrs old. Are qualified and are excellent. It is a joy to watch them being coached in a correct manner. That excellent private football coaching standard is what young referees should be taught.
Cootball is a business not only at the Top/ prem level down. But from grass roots up. It seems to me that referee standards are being left behind. It seems it is almost a secondary thought.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Bit like saying you'd rather play for Blackburn Rovers rather than Manchester United back in early 90s because they won the league. Man City are an oil sheik's plaything, like PSG. Liverpool are 6 times European Champions - heritage and legend...you know what I mean.
We’re making history, of living on it ??

4LEX

Visit site
Maguire, when he played for Leicester last year v City I was very impressed with him. Deffo an old school,centre half in the Richard Dunne mould ?. But he is comfortable on the ball. Having said that, he looks like he has gone backwards.

Maguire is class. He just has no protection from the midfield at the moment and he's either got a fat waddler like Shaw or an inexperienced kid on his side at left back. He's also playing with an injury and has been for months. He signed for vastly inflated fee, joined the biggest club in the country who are struggling and finds himself captain after half a season. It's not like he's slotted into a well oiled machine. He'll get better and better and be a good investment over the next 5 years IMO.

U

User62651

We’re making history, of living on it ??

Seems Vincent Kompany's leadership really has been missed both on and off the pitch, something isn't clicking this season although on their day are still unstoppable.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Seems Vincent Kompany's leadership really has been missed both on and off the pitch, something isn't clicking this season although on their day are still unstoppable.
Massively missed Laporte. He is City’s VVD, everyone looks better at the side of him inc Stones and “ oops am on me arse again Otamendi”. Felt sorry for him as he has struggled to get in the French squad, got called up then knackered his knee.
Slowly slowly, Laporte is getting back to fitness and Sane, whose pace has been sorely missed.If we can get a fully fit squad, the champs league is a possibility. Massive IFs though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Re Sterling, don’t think for one minute he regrets leaving. Brendon Rodgers hit the nail on the head when he said Sterling wants to win trophies, it didn’t look like he could at Liverpool at that time. The teams he has played in have played some of the best football this country has seen. ( until this season). Ironically a season where he has been poor. Truth be told. If Sterling had stayed at Liverpool. He wouldn’t be in front of Mane, Bobby or Mo. I think your comments re Sterling, the same could be said of Coutinho. Does he regret leaving. What the sale of Sterling and Firmino has done is given Liverpool some serious brass and enabled them to buy players they desperately needed in VVD and Allison. The rest they say is history. What was forgotten at the time of sterling going to City was Milner going to Liverpool. Did he ever regret going to Liverpool for X years and seeing his ex blues win a number of trophies. Me finks not.

Believe he regrets it every day when he sees what has happened since he left

Don’t think Sterling regrets anything just as Milner prob doesn’t regret leaving City

It all depends on the mentality of the player and why they go to clubs - Sanchez for example I suspect regretted leaving Arsenal for UTD

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit like saying you'd rather play for Blackburn Rovers rather than Manchester United back in early 90s because they won the league. Man City are an oil sheik's plaything, like PSG. Liverpool are 6 times European Champions - heritage and legend...you know what I mean.
I really don't think footballers in their 20s care about stuff like that. They care about competing at the highest level, not really who for as long as they are up there and paying them the big bucks. Not to mention the fact that he's improved immeasurably playing under Pep Guardiola, and I'm sure he wouldn't trade a second of that time spent under his guidance.

4LEX

Visit site
Liverpool weren't at their best but clearly the better side in every area. Some bad decisions and poor finishing on their part or it could've been embarrassing. They seemed happy to shut the game out at 1-0 but Man Utd battled away and looked better as the game wore on, although it was passion and nothing to do with quality or tactics. That said Rashford plays and it's a point as he doesn't do a statue impression like Martial or miss the target from 8 yards.

The injury to Rashford has essentially killed Man Utd's season. He's been playing through pain for the club and winning POTM awards, scoring, creating and now it's has caught up on Ole. As an England fan it's awful news. Ole is playing Maguire injured too and has messed up Rashford purely to save his own job.

The ineptness of it all beggars belief. Selling a genuine 25 goal a season striker and failing to replace him. A young striker then emerges and you can get him for £20m even with a clause but you refuse to bury your pride and he goes elsewhere. You then risk the only world class player in the side for a nothing cup game, even though he's injured and surprise surprise - he gets further injured and is out for months :LOL:

Throw in the mess of the Fernandes deal. Man Utd are desperate and it's a sellers market in January yet they won't pay the going rate and insert laughable clauses like winning the title or the CL to make the fee up. Now it's full on panic stations and every selling club will hike the price up for any decent striker and Sporting will hold fast on Fernandes. The club is better off writing the season off, lining up Poch and working on signing the players he wants for the summer.

I've said it before but this is the level Man Utd are at because of Woodward. He's failed every manager and has appointed a glorified PE teacher who won't disagree with him. The fans are absolute mugs for not hounding him out of the club. Liverpool fans got under the skin of the previous owners and made things uncomfortable enough they couldn't attend games and the same thing needs to happen to Woodward. He's wrecking the club from the inside and laughing at you with his multi million salary.

You look at Liverpool and it's a world apart. The manager is world class, no nonsense and has various ways of playing. There's no flakes like Martial, Shaw or Pogba in their side, they've got a work ethic. The make signings when in a position of strength and with long term planning in mind. They deserve their success because they've turned things around from the car crash Dalglish and Hodgeson era the right way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Liverpool weren't at their best but clearly the better side in every area. Some bad decisions and poor finishing on their part or it could've been embarrassing. They seemed happy to shut the game out at 1-0 but Man Utd battled away and looked better as the game wore on, although it was passion and nothing to do with quality or tactics. That said Rashford plays and it's a point as he doesn't do a statue impression like Martial or miss the target from 8 yards.

The injury to Rashford has essentially killed Man Utd's season. He's been playing through pain for the club and winning POTM awards, scoring, creating and now it's has caught up on Ole. As an England fan it's awful news. Ole is playing Maguire injured too and has messed up Rashford purely to save his own job.

The ineptness of it all beggars belief. Selling a genuine 25 goal a season striker and failing to replace him. A young striker then emerges and you can get him for £20m even with a clause but you refuse to bury your pride and he goes elsewhere. You then risk the only world class player in the side for a nothing cup game, even though he's injured and surprise surprise - he gets further injured and is out for months :LOL:

Throw in the mess of the Fernandes deal. Man Utd are desperate and it's a sellers market in January yet they won't pay the going rate and insert laughable clauses like winning the title or the CL to make the fee up. Now it's full on panic stations and every selling club will hike the price up for any decent striker and Sporting will hold fast on Fernandes. The club is better off writing the season off, lining up Poch and working on signing the players he wants for the summer.

I've said it before but this is the level Man Utd are at because of Woodward. He's failed every manager and has appointed a glorified PE teacher who won't disagree with him. The fans are absolute mugs for not hounding him out of the club. Liverpool fans got under the skin of the previous owners and made things uncomfortable enough they couldn't attend games and the same thing needs to happen to Woodward. He's wrecking the club from the inside and laughing at you with his multi million salary.

You look at Liverpool and it's a world apart. The manager is world class, no nonsense and has various ways of playing. There's no flakes like Martial, Shaw or Pogba in their side, they've got a work ethic. The make signings when in a position of strength and with long term planning in mind. They deserve their success because they've turned things around from the car crash Dalglish and Hodgeson era the right way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51178288

seems Gary Neville agrees with you and a few others inc me.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

See you in a week with all the others that have been swearing there’s absolutely no need for it on this forum.
If people can’t handle it then take a break

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kompany was missing more than he played towards the end.
As Tash said if you lose Laporte and replace him with Otamendi you will struggle.
It shows the squad depth is not there.
It’s hard to replace quality.

I think what’s missing is the Adrenalin rush as they are to far behind and know they are not competing .
It’s like playing a few holes in after your knockout is over imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

Gross mismanagement from Pep for signing Rodri over Kompany‘s replacement.

Then playing Fernandinho over both Stones and Otamendi, it’s been a complete balls up.

I can’t see a role for both Stones and Otamendi in that city side, both are finished.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Then playing Fernandinho over both Stones and Otamendi, it’s been a complete balls up.

I can’t see a role for both Stones and Otamendi in that city side, both are finished.

If only Pep had the stones to drop them........;)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Kompany was missing more than he played towards the end.
As Tash said if you lose Laporte and replace him with Otamendi you will struggle.
It shows the squad depth is not there.
It’s hard to replace quality.

I think what’s missing is the Adrenalin rush as they are to far behind and know they are not competing .
It’s like playing a few holes in after your knockout is over imo.

I just have this gut feeling that Pep knew before December it was all over and he is playing for the cups. Plus he is playing a game of look directors, this is what we need. Up front and midfield I would not swop anything, but defensively. It’s paper thin. RB is ok, and on its day Laporte and Stones is ok. Ut mendy and Zinchenko. Mendy is social media stupid, he needs to focus on his game. Kompany just being there like VVD. They are one in a million.

D

Deleted member 15344

I just have this gut feeling that Pep knew before December it was all over and he is playing for the cups. Plus he is playing a game of look directors, this is what we need. Up front and midfield I would not swop anything, but defensively. It’s paper thin. RB is ok, and on its day Laporte and Stones is ok. Ut mendy and Zinchenko. Mendy is social media stupid, he needs to focus on his game. Kompany just being there like VVD. They are one in a million.
why directors ? They spent £150 mil in the summer and surely that was on players the manager wanted ?

Paper thin defence ? 3 left backs , 2 right backs , 4 Cb’s ( one a youngster )

Tashyboy

Visit site

but it’s not, Rodri has been a brilliant replacement for an aging Dinho, replacing Kompany was a Big problem. Ut City have got to a stage where they will not over pay. Am convinced we could of had Maguire or VVD if we had paid another £10 million but city said no.