Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I disagree, and think we may be nearing "tizzy" status. :p

Enough about that goal.

I thought Henderson, Ginny and VVD were immense and hard to split for MOM. Fred for them, and I thought Williams did okay for them, overall.

4-0 or 4-1 wouldnt have flattered us, although Martial was trying to score a great goal, instead of just a goal. Made Neville's pre-match comments about him all the more funny. Man U made a decent start by putting us under pressure, but once we found our feet, we had 2 great phases in the match where we were all over them and with normal finishing would have put it well beyond them. However, it was a nervy last 15, but the 2nd was the least we deserved.
You should of had the game finished by half time without a doubt, you’ve certainly made a couple of games look more nervy than they should of been on possession and chances created.

Season is over as far as yous winning it, the next question is whether you’d prefer to ease off on the PL once it’s won and go for CL double or do you think you can win both and go undefeated in the PL?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Do you honestly think anyone listens to your tripe on here? Seriously, do you?

You say 99 things out of 100 against us, so your opinion is neither valued or sought, you dont bring nothing to the table, unless you want to weigh something in bile. Your a keyboard warrior of the worst kind, never talking about neutral subjects, just us.

Frankly, your extremely boring.(y)

Anyway now the dickhead is out of the way, how can VAR overturn the Firminho goal, and allow the Calvert Lewin one a few weeks ago, in which he did put his arm across the keepers face, yet didnt overturn it. They have overturned the onfield decision, as a "clear and obvious error" - why?
Lets get our point cross with out reaching for the swear tin! For what it matters, De Gea made a balls of that and should either have punched it into Birkenhead or gathered it, had it been someone the size of michael Owen would it have been a foul? I though VVD did well to keep his body in order, De Gea made the most of it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen it, pathetic decision.

Burnley scored one against us last season were there player had 2 hands on Allisons shoulders and it was given.

VVD has kept his eye on the ball all through the challenge.

I hope Klopp gets a refund on his VAR payments

unfortunately we never had VAR to enhance the beautiful game ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lets get our point cross with out reaching for the swear tin! For what it matters, De Gea made a balls of that and should either have punched it into Birkenhead or gathered it, had it been someone the size of michael Owen would it have been a foul? I though VVD did well to keep his body in order, De Gea made the most of it.

Not the first time the queens language has been used to emphasise an opinion. ???

Tashyboy

Visit site
Former Premier League referee Peter Walton says the VAR system got it wrong in disallowing Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino's goal against Manchester United. VAR chalked off the effort for a foul by Virgil van Dijk on keeper David de Gea in the build-up. (Times - subscription required)

glad that’s cleared things up ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Former Premier League referee Peter Walton says the VAR system got it wrong in disallowing Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino's goal against Manchester United. VAR chalked off the effort for a foul by Virgil van Dijk on keeper David de Gea in the build-up. (Times - subscription required)

glad that’s cleared things up ?

It wasnt the VAR system who got it wrong, it was the inept ref in charge of the system. It's not just against us neither, all season it's happened.

I've said many times on here until the standard of referees increase, we'll still see incorrect decisions being made.

Give it one week but not the next.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It wasnt the VAR system who got it wrong, it was the inept ref in charge of the system. It's not just against us neither, all season it's happened.

I've said many times on here until the standard of referees increase, we'll still see incorrect decisions being made.

Give it one week but not the next.

Thing is though Stu, lets forget football for the moment and focus on referees a minute.

Billions is spent on football, transfers, coaching, youth football development, agents etc etc. How much of that TV money is spent on referees. How much of that money is spent on coaching referees at an early age.
I watched young Bradley Tash at a friendly football tournament / game yesterday. I know the ref was a young Kid 16, but he was woeful. It was like he was making it up as he went along. There’s no way he has any level of reffing qualms and if he had then the coaching of him was woeful.
refs have been encouraged over half way through the season to go and look at screens. How many have ?. Ave said it before and I will say it again. Referees were getting it wrong before VAR and they are now running VAR. We keep saying we want consistency, the only consistency we get is inconsistency. I know part of the problem is some of the rules re attackers handball and offside etc. But the actual implementation of VAR run by the current crop of referees is killing the game.
Referees should now be a full time occupation, looking at some of the fossil refs running around the park, am sure there’s a physical standard, but it’s not high enough.

D

Deleted member 1740

Tashy theres only 1 man to blame for this VAR mess and that's Mike Riley. The refs are using the VAR to his instructions.

Refs are professional,fulltime,well paid,coached and looked after so it's hardly the part time painter turned PL ref Craig Pawson etc

We need a fresh supply of younger fitter refs to flush out and replace the crap we've currently got.

But then again what does a match going divvy know about refereeing ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I reckon it’s about time the Officials were given a break, they are up against 22 professionals who are at the top of their game, they have anywhere between 20-60 thousand people screaming at them, then add in the millions of experts at home and we want every decision correct.

There is not one person on here who hasn’t made a mistake in their job, they get one look in real time on the pitch and let’s be honest all 22 are also trying to con the Officials in their favour.

Talking about fitness standards and their ability has gone too far.

How about we try and see some of it from their perspective and how difficult their job is.

VAR is not the answer nor is it a stick that should be used to beat them with.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not an advantage to have the ball drop to a fullback in his own box surrounded by the opposing strikers.
I think he didn’t think it was a foul until VAR said differently.
Did he blow the whistle before the ball hit the net?
any challenge on the keeper is going to be looked at ,but for me it was two players challenging with DDG having an advantage of using his hands and just fluffed it.
VVD is moving backwards to meet the ball but DDG is taking the ball at a different height so there is going to be contact, but if that’s a foul you can’t challenge a keeper anymore.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tashy theres only 1 man to blame for this VAR mess and that's Mike Riley. The refs are using the VAR to his instructions.

Refs are professional,fulltime,well paid,coached and looked after so it's hardly the part time painter turned PL ref Craig Pawson etc

We need a fresh supply of younger fitter refs to flush out and replace the crap we've currently got.

But then again what does a match going divvy know about refereeing ?

Do you seriously think that's ever going to happen with all the hammering ref's get from footy fans on just about every footy forum there is?
In fact, they are roundly mocked on just about any forum, TV footy show, social media, down the pub ........................ everywhere.
I certainly wouldn't want to be a ref.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon it’s about time the Officials were given a break, they are up against 22 professionals who are at the top of their game, they have anywhere between 20-60 thousand people screaming at them, then add in the millions of experts at home and we want every decision correct.

There is not one person on here who hasn’t made a mistake in their job, they get one look in real time on the pitch and let’s be honest all 22 are also trying to con the Officials in their favour.

How about we try and see some of it from their perspective and how difficult their job is.

Most of the critics won't be able to do that as they have no perception of what it's like to be a ref in the professional game.
Yet they believe that they are all experts!

D

Deleted member 15344

Thing is though Stu, lets forget football for the moment and focus on referees a minute.

Billions is spent on football, transfers, coaching, youth football development, agents etc etc. How much of that TV money is spent on referees. How much of that money is spent on coaching referees at an early age.
I watched young Bradley Tash at a friendly football tournament / game yesterday. I know the ref was a young Kid 16, but he was woeful. It was like he was making it up as he went along. There’s no way he has any level of reffing qualms and if he had then the coaching of him was woeful.
refs have been encouraged over half way through the season to go and look at screens. How many have ?. Ave said it before and I will say it again. Referees were getting it wrong before VAR and they are now running VAR. We keep saying we want consistency, the only consistency we get is inconsistency. I know part of the problem is some of the rules re attackers handball and offside etc. But the actual implementation of VAR run by the current crop of referees is killing the game.
Referees should now be a full time occupation, looking at some of the fossil refs running around the park, am sure there’s a physical standard, but it’s not high enough.

The one thing the refs don’t have an issue with is the physical standard - they are all required to attain a certain standard and they have no issues in that respect - fossil refs ? Poor

The only issue I have right now is the way they are using VAR - mistakes do happen on the pitch , they aren’t going to get everything right but with VAR the ref in the “cabin” has the same replays we see etc and should be able to get to the right decisions

But - for me they are not getting it right , they should only overrule anything that is “clear and obvious “ and why the heck don’t they allow the on field ref to check the monitor - that’s how it works well everywhere else . Add that simple change into it and I suspect you would get a better VAR - but the issue is you have Mike Rilley in charge and he was the worst ref we have seen in decades

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one thing the refs don’t have an issue with is the physical standard - they are all required to attain a certain standard and they have no issues in that respect - fossil refs ? Poor

The only issue I have right now is the way they are using VAR - mistakes do happen on the pitch , they aren’t going to get everything right but with VAR the ref in the “cabin” has the same replays we see etc and should be able to get to the right decisions

But - for me they are not getting it right , they should only overrule anything that is “clear and obvious “ and why the heck don’t they allow the on field ref to check the monitor - that’s how it works well everywhere else . Add that simple change into it and I suspect you would get a better VAR - but the issue is you have Mike Rilley in charge and he was the worst ref we have seen in decades
Has there been a reason why the monitor is not used.
He could look at while VAR look and chat with them about it.
It seems they don’t want to.
A Watford lad got red after looking on the monitor so I can’t understand Why refs don’t use it.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site

I'm gonna assume "young Bradley Tash" is a child. A kids friendly tournament/game has to be right at the lowest level of football and so I would expect to see a low level referee, for example a 16 year old referee possibly just starting out. Where else do you suggest these young referees learn?