Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could argue DDG came up under DCL’s arm, DCL is above him watching the ball, VVD looks at DDG and jumped into him.

Quite happy that both could of been disallowed or allowed to stand.

Why anyone would expect consistency from Officials though is beyond me.

Normally when a hand goes across a keepers face, its given in their favour, no matter who jumps at who (even though both are going for the ball).

People are saying "well VVD looks at DDG" - and you wouldnt expect the person you are challenging to do the same, as well?

As Souness said, "what less could VVD have done to challenge him"? The only thing less would have been to not make any contact at all, and nowhere does it say in the rules that you cant make contact with a keeper.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
?? You couldn't be further from the the truth.

I'm currently doing dry january and beyond (hopefully) so havent had a beer since 29th dec so certainly not inebriated unless they laced my tea with alcohol ath alf time....

I know what I heard today whilst I sat above your lot,luckily I havent forgotten you've got form for defending the bile from your away support.
Fair enough then, just seems like you’re aiming it at the wrong audience then.

D

Deleted member 16999

Normally when a hand goes across a keepers face, its given in their favour, no matter who jumps at who (even though both are going for the ball).

People are saying "well VVD looks at DDG" - and you wouldnt expect the person you are challenging to do the same, as well?

As Souness said, "what less could VVD have done to challenge him"? The only thing less would have been to not make any contact at all, and nowhere does it say in the rules that you cant make contact with a keeper.
But with benefit of 47 replays from 20 angles while sitting in my armchair, VVD gets nowhere near the ball and jumps into DDG not up for the ball.
VVD was trying (imo) to put DDG off, not expecting to get the ball.

On another day, with another Ref, he gets away with it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Fair enough then, just seems like you’re aiming it at the wrong audience then.

Wrong audience?? It was a genuine
comment based on being there today, nevertheless I've read many times on here "victim" shouts.....

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Wrong audience?? It was a genuine
comment based on being there today, nevertheless I've read many times on here "victim" shouts.....
But isn’t the thing that Liverpool fans claim to be above such things. Or is that only the case when you’re not winning?

D

Deleted member 1740

But with benefit of 47 replays from 20 angles while sitting in my armchair, VVD gets nowhere near the ball and jumps into DDG not up for the ball.

It's funny how we see it differently I was right behind it and it looked to me VVD jumped up for the ball and not into DDG, he flapped it imo.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

He gets within 6 inches of the ball.

With that ref it wasnt getting given, but somehow the VAR ref felt it was a clear and obvious error, which it clearly wasnt. Very split opinions on it.

How bigs your telly?:D

D

Deleted member 1740

P
But isn’t the thing that Liverpool fans claim to be above such things. Or is that only the case when you’re not winning?

??

Like I said come what may when if we win it, then it'll taste even sweeter after all the shite has been thrown at us.

I don't think I can be much clearer in what I've said. If you want to carry it on send me a pm and I'll gladly discuss it further.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
P

??

Like I said come what may when if we win it, then it'll taste even sweeter after all the shite has been thrown at us.

I don't think I can be much clearer in what I've said. If you want to carry it on send me a pm and I'll gladly discuss it further.

No need, fella. Enjoy your night and the formalities until it’s official. I don’t think you’ll be waiting very long!

D

Deleted member 16999

It's funny how we see it differently I was right behind it and it looked to me VVD jumped up for the ball and not into DDG, he flapped it imo.
He gets within 6 inches of the ball.

With that ref it wasnt getting given, but somehow the VAR ref felt it was a clear and obvious error, which it clearly wasnt. Very split opinions on it.

How bigs your telly?:D
As I’ve put, you see them go either way, but if you get the chance have a look at VVD’s starting position, he doesn’t jump up with DDG, he jumps in to him and with not getting the ball and making contact they give a foul.

D

Deleted member 1740

As I’ve put, you see them go either way, but if you get the chance have a look at VVD’s starting position, he doesn’t jump up with DDG, he jumps in to him and with not getting the ball and making contact they give a foul.

Goalkeepers arent exempt from being tackled you know??

I'll look at it again from the comfort of my armchair though, I might see it differently...... doubt it though ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Goalkeepers arent exempt from being tackled you know??

I'll look at it again from the comfort of my armchair though, I might see it differently...... doubt it though ?

Just seen it, pathetic decision.

Burnley scored one against us last season were there player had 2 hands on Allisons shoulders and it was given.

VVD has kept his eye on the ball all through the challenge.

I hope Klopp gets a refund on his VAR payments

D

Deleted member 16999

Just seen it, pathetic decision.

Burnley scored one against us last season were there player had 2 hands on Allisons shoulders and it was given.

VVD has kept his eye on the ball all through the challenge.

I hope Klopp gets a refund on his VAR payments
Pre-VAR doesn’t count. ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I disagree, and think we may be nearing "tizzy" status. :p

Enough about that goal.

I thought Henderson, Ginny and VVD were immense and hard to split for MOM. Fred for them, and I thought Williams did okay for them, overall.

4-0 or 4-1 wouldnt have flattered us, although Martial was trying to score a great goal, instead of just a goal. Made Neville's pre-match comments about him all the more funny. Man U made a decent start by putting us under pressure, but once we found our feet, we had 2 great phases in the match where we were all over them and with normal finishing would have put it well beyond them. However, it was a nervy last 15, but the 2nd was the least we deserved.