Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Do you honestly think anyone listens to your tripe on here? Seriously, do you?

You say 99 things out of 100 against us, so your opinion is neither valued or sought, you dont bring nothing to the table, unless you want to weigh something in bile. Your a keyboard warrior of the worst kind, never talking about neutral subjects, just us.

Frankly, your extremely boring.(y)

Anyway now the dickhead is out of the way, how can VAR overturn the Firminho goal, and allow the Calvert Lewin one a few weeks ago, in which he did put his arm across the keepers face, yet didnt overturn it. They have overturned the onfield decision, as a "clear and obvious error" - why?

For me, the biggest difference Pete is that imo VVD looks at DDG and is not making a great effort to really win the ball. Just rewatched the Everton goal as couldn’t recall it. It looks to me that DDG is jumping it Calvert just as much as Calvert is going it DDG.

Anyways, relax fella. You need to save you VAR favours for the tough games ?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For me, the biggest difference Pete is that imo VVD looks at DDG and is not making a great effort to really win the ball. Just rewatched the Everton goal as couldn’t recall it. It looks to me that DDG is jumping it Calvert just as much as Calvert is going it DDG.

Anyways, relax fella. You need to save you VAR favours for the tough games ?

Yes, but Calvert lewin put his arm across the face of DDG which would always (normally) see it disallowed. If VVD make any contact with DDG's head or "whacks" his arm, but DDG gets two hands on it and then just drops it.

A subjective one, I'll grant you, but to overturn it as a clear and obvious error? Not for me - Keane I know said the same, did Neville also?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you honestly think anyone listens to your tripe on here? Seriously, do you?

You say 99 things out of 100 against us, so your opinion is neither valued or sought, you dont bring nothing to the table, unless you want to weigh something in bile. Your a keyboard warrior of the worst kind, never talking about neutral subjects, just us.

Frankly, your extremely boring.(y)

Anyway now the dickhead is out of the way, how can VAR overturn the Firminho goal, and allow the Calvert Lewin one a few weeks ago, in which he did put his arm across the keepers face, yet didnt overturn it. They have overturned the onfield decision, as a "clear and obvious error" - why?
They can’t just award a goal today because they made an error the last time. That would be much worse.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It wouldnt be "awarding a goal", it would be letting the onfield decision stand, the burden of proof is different, and important.

Dont know why I'm saying them words....:p

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes, but Calvert lewin put his arm across the face of DDG which would always (normally) see it disallowed. If VVD make any contact with DDG's head or "whacks" his arm, but DDG gets two hands on it and then just drops it.

A subjective one, I'll grant you, but to overturn it as a clear and obvious error? Not for me - Keane I know said the same, did Neville also?
yes Neville said the same , only one who disagrees was Evra - Souness had it spot on about the refs

I find it embarrassing that it was overruled but I suppose it removes the myth about “var” tainting things in our favour

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think the biggest issue is “clear and obvious error”. I’m not sure that has been put into practice. All the armpit offsides for a start would fall foul of that too.

I only saw the replay at full time. Then the missus has the tv off. I’d not be surprised if Neville called it a goal tbh. I take what Keane says with a pinch of salt. He says whatever he thinks makes him look best (generally slagging any team off).

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It wouldnt be "awarding a goal", it would be letting the onfield decision stand, the burden of proof is different, and important.

Dont know why I'm saying them words....:p

It equates to the same thing. Look at the ref as it happens - it’s clear he sees a foul but then decides to let play roll and allow VAR to make the call.

D

Deleted member 1740

We controlled that game and deserved to win, it should've been wrapped up sooner though. Remember last season people on here said Alisson should've done better against Burnley for a challenge that was worse than VVd's tonight on DDG. ....

Anyway we're winning this league no matter what, so enjoy singing yer murderers/victims songs because it'll taste even sweeter come May....long may it continue .... YSB

#unbearables #taintedtitle #ifithadnthavebeenforvar

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
We controlled that game and deserved to win, it should've been wrapped up sooner though. Remember last season people on here said Alisson should've done better against Burnley for a challenge that was worse than VVd's tonight on DDG. ....

Anyway we're winning this league no matter what, so enjoy singing yer murderers/victims songs because it'll taste even sweeter come May....long may it continue .... YSB

#unbearables #taintedtitle #ifithadnthavebeenforvar

You’re the second fan to come on clearly a tad inebriated and overtly aggressive in the face of no provocation since the result.

And to think how often Liverpool fans will state that others are obsessed with them. ??‍♂️

D

Deleted member 16999

You could argue DDG came up under DCL’s arm, DCL is above him watching the ball, VVD looks at DDG and jumped into him.

Quite happy that both could of been disallowed or allowed to stand.

Why anyone would expect consistency from Officials though is beyond me.

D

Deleted member 1740

It equates to the same thing. Look at the ref as it happens - it’s clear he sees a foul but then decides to let play roll and allow VAR to make the call.

I can remember Mike Riley doing exactly the same against chelsea circa 2006 kop end when Tiago blatantly handled the ball and he played on only there was no VAR then...

Even the most anti liverpool commentator said it was soft.

Anyway we Won,deservedly,
And that's a all that matters now.

Yernited are ***.

D

Deleted member 15344

You’re the second fan to come on clearly a tad inebriated and overtly aggressive in the face of no provocation since the result.

And to think how often Liverpool fans will state that others are obsessed with them. ??‍♂️

I believe that Stu is prob aiming his post more at the scum fans today who if reports are to believed dragged out the disgraceful chants again and we have already seen one poster refer to Liverpool fans as “scouse trash “

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the biggest issue is “clear and obvious error”. I’m not sure that has been put into practice. All the armpit offsides for a start would fall foul of that too.

I only saw the replay at full time. Then the missus has the tv off. I’d not be surprised if Neville called it a goal tbh. I take what Keane says with a pinch of salt. He says whatever he thinks makes him look best (generally slagging any team off).
I’d take anything a guy says with a pinch of salt that lets the wife have the tv controls

D

Deleted member 1740

?? You couldn't be further from the the truth.

I'm currently doing dry january and beyond (hopefully) so havent had a beer since 29th dec so certainly not inebriated unless they laced my tea with alcohol ath alf time....

I know what I heard today whilst I sat above your lot,luckily I havent forgotten you've got form for defending the bile from your away support.