Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I didn’t watch the City game last night but I’m surprised Tash isn’t pointing out the blatant inconsistency that is making fans go mad.Sterling missed a penalty recently that got retaken because of encroachment,last night Jesus missed,not only was the keeper well off his line 2 SU players were in the box and should have been retaken.
These are basic decisions and so obvious.
Just to clarify Tony:
AB9AECEF-2CBF-4E0F-924A-8EB5360C313A.jpeg

Ignoring the Keeper for a minute, As you can see it’s not only the 2 Sheff Utd players encroaching, therefore most Ref’s tend to ignore that particular encroachment if it has no effect on the penalty.
If the penalty had gone in and only the City player encroached, he could order the penalty to be retaken.

Nowhere in the laws of the game does it say a defender must touch the ball or impact on the penalty taker to be classed as encroachment, or an attacker has to score the rebound, the law is clear.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

The table in the link, is quite clear:

1FDA118D-DE73-439E-95F8-C9576F043E27.png

This extract also does not mention a defender “touching the ball”

the goalkeeper or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game:
  • if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded
  • if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken; the goalkeeper is cautioned if responsible for the offence.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looking at that pic, wtf is the lino doing? Compared to giving offsides (which despite the stick they get, they are pretty good at) the keeper movement is such an obvious and easy decision I can only think that they've had a directive not to give it. And 1 yard makes a big difference to the chances of a save.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
sadly it wont, we still dont have a fit defender who can actually defend, were lightweight in midfield and the players are still trying to understand what a new boss wants from them. there are some sprigs of hope in terms of attitude and structure but lets make no bones were 4 or 5 players at least away from being properly competitive and theyre not all turning up in the next 10 days, if anything we may we well get weaker if Aubam goes
Your probably right mate on what I saw at the weekend. Got let off the hook by Chelsea.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

4LEX

Visit site
Any City fans feel Jesus is another reason you're not hitting the heights of last season? He seems so wasteful and never really gets the goals when they matter. He racks up his 15 or so goals but most are against fodder in easy wins. When he has to come in and deliver it's usually the midfielders that step up, not him. Definitely an area City need to bolster especially with Aguero getting older.

Meanwhile Arteta carries on his great run.......1 win in 6 leagues games and the new manager bounce working wonders! :whistle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any City fans feel Jesus is another reason you're not hitting the heights of last season? He seems so wasteful and never really gets the goals when they matter. He racks up his 15 or so goals but most are against fodder in easy wins. When he has to come in and deliver it's usually the midfielders that step up, not him. Definitely an area City need to bolster especially with Aguero getting older.

Meanwhile Arteta carries on his great run.......1 win in 6 leagues games and the new manager bounce working wonders! :whistle:
Jesus has the most shots on target per 90 mins of anyone with more than 6 league apps:
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2019-2020
So he's not doing that bad. He is only 22 still. In games that he's started he's scored 12 in 15. Perhaps one area for criticism though - he's been subbed on 11 times and not scored in any of those. So not much of an impact sub. Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/279379/Show/Gabriel-Jesus

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am back in the room. Didn’t see any of the game last night, grandkids time.that aside Ave seen the penalty save and I only have one question to ask. What was the linesman looking at, or not looking at. He don’t have to see if it has crossed the line. It emphasises why VAR was brought in because of mistakes like this. Now in this instance if City had scored. It would of gone to VAR, If not it don’t. Eh why not. There was a blatant infringement that could of stopped a goal. VAR which is not used in this instance could of corrected that. Not that it affected the result, but it could of done.
Quite frankly this season just seems one calamity after another week after week when it has come to the rules of the game.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am back in the room. Didn’t see any of the game last night, grandkids time.that aside Ave seen the penalty save and I only have one question to ask. What was the linesman looking at, or not looking at. He don’t have to see if it has crossed the line. It emphasises why VAR was brought in because of mistakes like this. Now in this instance if City had scored. It would of gone to VAR, If not it don’t. Eh why not. There was a blatant infringement that could of stopped a goal. VAR which is not used in this instance could of corrected that. Not that it affected the result, but it could of done.
Quite frankly this season just seems one calamity after another week after week when it has come to the rules of the game.
Tash...if he had taken the penalty better there wouldn't have been any concern. His pen was a crock......end of.

4LEX

Visit site
Jesus has the most shots on target per 90 mins of anyone with more than 6 league apps:
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2019-2020
So he's not doing that bad. He is only 22 still. In games that he's started he's scored 12 in 15. Perhaps one area for criticism though - he's been subbed on 11 times and not scored in any of those. So not much of an impact sub. Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/279379/Show/Gabriel-Jesus

He's clearly a decent player but if he stays on for 90 minutes last night City don't win that. Just like against United if Ageuro plays they get a point or win it. His goals against teams this season reads West Ham, Shaktar, Zabreb, Palace, Preston, Everton, Burnley, Leicester and Villa. Obviously it's a harsh critique but when you're as good as City the margins for the title are fine and they look nowhere near as good with him in the side.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's clearly a decent player but if he stays on for 90 minutes last night City don't win that. Just like against United if Ageuro plays they get a point or win it. His goals against teams this season reads West Ham, Shaktar, Zabreb, Palace, Preston, Everton, Burnley, Leicester and Villa. Obviously it's a harsh critique but when you're as good as City the margins for the title are fine and they look nowhere near as good with him in the side.
Granted those are weaker teams he's scored against other than Leicester. But there must be a slight caveat that he doesn't get as many minutes against the big sides? Only got 13 minutes against Chelsea, 19 minutes against Liverpool. And he technically scored against Spurs if it wasn't for VAR and the nonsense new hand ball rules. :LOL:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tash...if he had taken the penalty better there wouldn't have been any concern. His pen was a crock......end of.

BM, lets forget the fact it was City. I can.

However
Ball goes into box, it brushes a fingernail of an attacker. Balls runs through to another attacker who lamps the ball into the back of the net. Every player thinks it’s a goal and walks to halfway line. Mr VAR turns up and two mins later says no goal. Coz the its the rules.
Another scenario, Ball goes into box and it hits a defenders hand which takes the ball away from an attacker who could of scored, but we will never know. Decision. Drop ball. Why, coz it’s the rules.
Another scenario, keeper moves off line and saves ball to stop a goal being scored. Decision. Carry on. Why? Coz it’s the rules.

Another scenario, His pen was crock, keeper goes wrong way and it’s a thing of beauty. But that’s not the point is it. In fact what it has actually done is highlighted once more that VAR when it could of been used isn’t because, well you tell me.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"Arsenal are in mess that'll take years to fix. And money. Which the owners won't spend because Wenger let you become a business, not a football club. Wenger destroyed his legacy, the squad and the wage structure. How can Emery build a side when he's got a passenger like Ozil on 350k a week...""

• 4LEX
  • Post #4,024
  • Oct 23, 2019
Today -

"Meanwhile Arteta carries on his great run.......1 win in 6 leagues games and the new manager bounce working wonders! :whistle:"

Can't believe Arteta hasn't sorted it all out in the 3 weeks he's been in charge :)

History will tell us how it ends up but you'd be hard pressed to find an Arsenal fan who can't see an improvement already even with the dross he's inherited.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Granted those are weaker teams he's scored against other than Leicester. But there must be a slight caveat that he doesn't get as many minutes against the big sides? Only got 13 minutes against Chelsea, 19 minutes against Liverpool. And he technically scored against Spurs if it wasn't for VAR and the nonsense new hand ball rules. :LOL:

This re Spurs ? it’s the little things Ori ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BM, lets forget the fact it was City. I can.

However
Ball goes into box, it brushes a fingernail of an attacker. Balls runs through to another attacker who lamps the ball into the back of the net. Every player thinks it’s a goal and walks to halfway line. Mr VAR turns up and two mins later says no goal. Coz the its the rules.
Another scenario, Ball goes into box and it hits a defenders hand which takes the ball away from an attacker who could of scored, but we will never know. Decision. Drop ball. Why, coz it’s the rules.
Another scenario, keeper moves off line and saves ball to stop a goal being scored. Decision. Carry on. Why? Coz it’s the rules.

Another scenario, His pen was crock, keeper goes wrong way and it’s a thing of beauty. But that’s not the point is it. In fact what it has actually done is highlighted once more that VAR when it could of been used isn’t because, well you tell me.
Tashy.... I am not really interested in the VAR debate, it is what it is and we have to get on with it, my point was ref the pen...it was a skank pen and he should have done better with it. If he had, there wouldn't be anyone moaning about the keeper off the line or encroachment and any aspect that may or may not be VAR connected.
:)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tashy.... I am not really interested in the VAR debate, it is what it is and we have to get on with it, my point was ref the pen...it was a skank pen and he should have done better with it. If he had, there wouldn't be anyone moaning about the keeper off the line or encroachment and any aspect that may or may not be VAR connected.
:)

Yes but no one is moaning about the keeper off the line are they, they are moaning about the wrongful decision. Forget it’s City, as I have mentioned I have. It didn’t affect the result. But again, it is wrong.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes but no one is moaning about the keeper off the line are they, they are moaning about the wrongful decision. Forget it’s City, as I have mentioned I have. It didn’t affect the result. But again, it is wrong.
I'm not moaning about any aspects of it. My point is that if the pen had been a decent one there would be no issues.....and thats ignoring the fact it was City:)

Tashyboy

Visit site

I refer Fundy and the forum Troll to post 8646 from earlier in the day. Plus 67% possession and 18 shots ain’t bad for a to
timewasting team. Gotta be a new prem league record.