Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
So just like football then ?

And Saracens tried to get around the salary cap to enable the club to get some of the best players in the game playing for them - it’s financial cheating in the same way football teams have tried to get around ffp

It’s not the same at all, as Saracens didn’t breach the salary cap. Certain football clubs openly breached FFP

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s not the same at all, as Saracens didn’t breach the salary cap. Certain football clubs openly breached FFP

Have you not seen the news ? They were given a £5.4 mil fine and a 35 point reduction for breaching salary cap regulations over the past 2 or 3 years and right now they possibly maybe getting auto relegated because they don’t appear to have managed to have got it sorted yet ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Have you not seen the news ? They were given a £5.4 mil fine and a 35 point reduction for breaching salary cap regulations over the past 2 or 3 years and right now they possibly maybe getting auto relegated because they don’t appear to have managed to have got it sorted yet ?

Yes I have seen the news thanks.
Does your company have day to day dealings with saracans? If not then I’ll politely ask that you don’t get involved with something you’ve read in the press that isn’t 100% accurate

The issues were the payments being made to the players that weren’t part of their salary so the cap wasn’t being breached

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes I have seen the news thanks.
Does your company have day to day dealings with saracans? If not then I’ll politely ask that you don’t get involved with something you’ve read in the press that isn’t 100% accurate

The issues were the payments being made to the players that weren’t part of their salary so the cap wasn’t being breached

Maybe you best go let the Rugby Premiership guys know then as what I’m stating is directly from the statement of the governing body

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiership-rugby-statement-decision-on-salary-cap-charges

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/joint-statement-by-premiership-rugby-and-saracens

So are suggesting that they have it wrong ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Maybe you best go let the Rugby Premiership guys know then as what I’m stating is directly from the statement of the governing body

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiership-rugby-statement-decision-on-salary-cap-charges

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/joint-statement-by-premiership-rugby-and-saracens

So are suggesting that they have it wrong ?

Ffs, The payments weren’t part of the players Salary.
They were “extras” to the players own companies for “other” duties.
It’s really quite a simple agreement but the poorer clubs didn’t like it

D

Deleted member 15344

Ffs, The payments weren’t part of the players Salary.
They were “extras” to the players own companies for “other” duties.
It’s really quite a simple agreement but the poorer clubs didn’t like it
?‍♂️

The payments to the players allowed Saracens get around the Salary Cap hence why they were charged , found guilty and punished under Salary Cap regulations

It’s quite simple and there is black and white

D

Deleted member 1740

It's traditional spot.
Should never have changed.

If you sign an African player, deal with it.

Totally disagree, stupid time to have a international tournament. No team should lose their players mid season for 6wks for this.

I think you’ll see less African players being bought by PL teams in future. Slightly different in europe as most top countries leagues have proper winter breaks.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Totally disagree, stupid time to have a international tournament. No team should lose their players mid season for 6wks for this.

I think you’ll see less African players being bought by PL teams in future. Slightly different in europe as most top countries leagues have proper winter breaks.
Last comp was the only time it’s been played in the summer. It’s played at the time that’s healthiest for those countries participating. The world doesn’t revolve around the PL.

In the last 20 years there have been loads of African players signed. We haven’t had a massive influx simply because one tournament was hosted in summer. All clubs know the scenarios when signing them (African players) Wenger had the same strop about it after he lost the likes of Toure to it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Last comp was the only time it’s been played in the summer. It’s played at the time that’s healthiest for those countries participating. The world doesn’t revolve around the PL.

In the last 20 years there have been loads of African players signed. We haven’t had a massive influx simply because one tournament was hosted in summer. All clubs know the scenarios when signing them (African players) Wenger had the same strop about it after he lost the likes of Toure to it.

i thought it was changed to end of season to stop disrupting clubs across Europe?

Youre right the world doesn’t revolve around the PL but now transfer fees are hugely inflated I believe clubs will think twice before buying Africans now it’s gone back to its traditional place. City struggled in 2012 & 2015 iirc when Yaya Toure went away too, not just arsenal.

As a match going fan I wouldn’t like us to be buying anymore Africans knowing we’ll lose them for 8 games if not more.
It won’t affect us next year anyway, we’ll still have VAR,the FA, PGMOL, Sky,Bt Sport and the written press on our side ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
i thought it was changed to end of season to stop disrupting clubs across Europe?

Youre right the world doesn’t revolve around the PL but now transfer fees are hugely inflated I believe clubs will think twice before buying Africans now it’s gone back to its traditional place. City struggled in 2012 & 2015 iirc when Yaya Toure went away too, not just arsenal.

As a match going fan I wouldn’t like us to be buying anymore Africans knowing we’ll lose them for 8 games if not more.
It won’t affect us next year anyway, we’ll still have VAR,the FA, PGMOL, Sky,Bt Sport and the written press on our side ?

I think the suggested dates would be changed, but common sense prevailed. Not sure Cameroon in summer would exactly be ideal.... the may be more flexible if it’s in a country with a little milder climate.

Tbh, the way things are with Salah, he may just do a Scholes/Carra n quit.

As to LiVARpool. Long may it continue. Think we’re 2nd best beneficiaries.....

D

Deleted member 15344

The payments weren’t part of the players salaries

?‍♂️

Have you actually read what’s posted - no one said the payments were part of the players salary!!!

The payments were made In different ways to attempt to give the players more money but bypass the cap - read the findings it’s clear as day

Pin-seeker

Visit site

It’s never stopped teams buying African players & it won’t start now.
Obviously as a “match going fan” you’ll probably know best tho ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The World Cup was changed to winter because of the hot weather, the African cup comp was changed for the same reasons. The difference is what?

D

Deleted member 15344

The World Cup was changed to winter because of the hot weather, the African cup comp was changed for the same reasons. The difference is what?
when the World Cup is on no Prem League , La Liga , Serie A game will be played as they will break

For the ACN all the leagues will still continue and it’s not just Prem - all the European leagues will continue so lots of teams will lose Africans players which as Stu says may end up affecting them in the long run

Pin-seeker

Visit site
when the World Cup is on no Prem League , La Liga , Serie A game will be played as they will break

For the ACN all the leagues will still continue and it’s not just Prem - all the European leagues will continue so lots of teams will lose Africans players which as Stu says may end up affecting them in the long run
Affect them how?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

The AFCON is how many years old?

We've moved the world cup because of weather issues. Cameroon will be just as bad.

A continental competition that predates the Premier league and the other leagues desire to have African players shouldn't change now.

This notion tha clubs won't sign african players is a non starter for me. No way should league clubs dicate then intl tournaments are played.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How ever you dress it up, the African Nations was changed for the health and welfare of the players in the same sense the World Cup was changed. If as a fan you are disappointed because your team is weaker. Work it out how that comes across as shallow.
it affects all top teams and leagues.