Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Delibaretly breaking the rules is cheating !
Imo of course.
Do you think delibaretly breaking the rules in golf is cheating?
But if you know and accept the punishment then what's the issue? Would be like if you broke a rule in golf that carries a two shot penalty, then take your two shot penalty without comment and carry on with the round. People wouldn't have an issue with that would they? To call it cheating implies that you got away without punishment.

On a separate note, not a great decision by OGS to play Rashford last night https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129714
Ah, I see he has sustained a back injury. Must be from carrying the team all season. :D

Cheers, I'm here all week.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is your official stance on cheating?
Genuine question
I don’t like or condone it at all.
In football it’s accepted as part of the game.
But if you break a rule unintentionally fine , like a tackle you miss time but are going for the ball.
But to bring someone down delibaretly NO attempt for the ball, that’s cheating imo.
This plus diving ,feigning injury and a few more things is the reason I don’t go the match anymore .

In this Spanish situation ,from behind no attempt at the ball I would give the other side a penalty.
That would stop it overnight, as the managers who would ask why he didn’t bring him down at the moment would be asking why he did that and give a pen away.
It’s the only way I can see it eradicated from the game!
But I know it won’t be , just more excuses.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
But if you break a rule unintentionally fine , like a tackle you miss time but are going for the ball.
But to bring someone down delibaretly NO attempt for the ball, that’s cheating imo.
This plus diving ,feigning injury and a few more things is the reason I don’t go the match anymore .

In this Spanish situation ,from behind no attempt at the ball I would give the other side a penalty.
That would stop it overnight, as the managers who would ask why he didn’t bring him down at the moment would be asking why he did that and give a pen away.
Ok you don’t like it or condone it but you will happily support a team with cheats in it.
Double standards
Now where have I seen that before

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok you don’t like it or condone it but you will happily support a team with cheats in it.
Double standards
Now where have I seen that before
So what do I do not support my local team.
I havnt changed my opinion since the 1960s Unfortunatly the ethics of everything in football has changed.
Show me where I said I was happy with it ? Quite the opposite I said I don’t go much anymore!

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a professional foul - it’s no different than a player pulling the shift back of a player who is clear through - it just looks worse because of the distance the guy travelled to trip him

Here is a question - last minute , Liverpool are 1 nil up needing to win the game to win the title and a guy bursts clear one on one and a player has a chance to trip him up outside the box - do you want him to do it or not ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you point me in the direction of a team that doesnt ever cheat then?

No I can’t that’s my point.
Condemning a Real Madrid player the way he did but happily supporting a club that has cheat is hypocritical.

I didn’t say anything on the Real Madrid player because I would expect Manchester Utd players to do it,no double standards

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a professional foul - it’s no different than a player pulling the shift back of a player who is clear through - it just looks worse because of the distance the guy travelled to trip him

Here is a question - last minute , Liverpool are 1 nil up needing to win the game to win the title and a guy bursts clear one on one and a player has a chance to trip him up outside the box - do you want him to do it or not ?
No .
I have been consistent with this kind of tackle ( assault)
A tackle like that tore my ACL many years ago ,I would not like to win anything cheating.
I may be in the minority but it’s what I belive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No I can’t that’s my point.
Condemning a Real Madrid player the way he did but happily supporting a club that has cheat is hypocritical.

I didn’t say anything on the Real Madrid player because I would expect Manchester Utd players to do it,no double standards
No double standards because you are OK with cheating to win. Great.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
All clubs do it that is the point.
How is that double standards.

I am like you I don’t go no more purely because of the cheating whichever way it’s done.
However I’m fully aware of the money that is in football has gone too far so and most will do anything to win.

D

Deleted member 15344

Whenever a sporting match happens a rule is broken somewhere - rugby , football , golf , etc etc - both deliberately and accidental - it doesn’t mean it’s cheating

Do you really think someone deliberately handling a ball is cheating ? Tripping a player etc etc

Taking drugs is cheating , trying to bribe a ref is cheating etc

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I am like you I don’t go no more purely because of the cheating whichever way it’s done.
However I’m fully aware of the money that is in football has gone too far so and most will do anything to win.

No, its you missing the point, as ever.

Clubchamp is coming at the topic as a footballer whose career was ended by a "professional foul", a thing he has mentioned a few times.

But no, you just see him as a Liverpool fan, so want to try and get a cheap dig in about cheating. Enjoy the season.(y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

However I’m fully aware of the money that is in football has gone etoo far so and most will do anything to win.
You accused me of double standards.
I know all clubs do it including Liverpool.
I don’t go anymore and this is one of the reasons .
So justify your accusation.!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whenever a sporting match happens a rule is broken somewhere - rugby , football , golf , etc etc - both deliberately and accidental - it doesn’t mean it’s cheating

Do you really think someone deliberately handling a ball is cheating ? Tripping a player etc etc

Taking drugs is cheating , trying to bribe a ref is cheating etc
Well as I said Phil “there are degrees of cheating some very minor ( claiming a throw in falsely “
Some not so like the assault on Morratta was it.
people see it differently.
I am looking at my trophy’s and know I won them fair and square.
Ask any Irishman if Henry is a cheat?
Any Englishman about Maradonna
I belive if you knowingly break the rules it’s cheating that’s my honest opinion.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well as I said Phil “there are degrees of cheating some very minor ( claiming a throw in falsely “
Some not so like the assault on Morratta was it.
people see it differently.
I am looking at my trophy’s and know I won them fair and square.
Ask any Irishman if Henry is a cheat?
Any Englishman about Maradonna
I belive if you knowingly break the rules it’s cheating that’s my honest opinion.
I find it impossible to believe you only played in teams that never ever cheated, no team mate “cheating” a yard for a throw in or 6 inches for a free kick or not being blown for a foul etc.
You didn’t win them trophies on your own!

Anyone of us who has played or watched football for the last 50 years have known it’s part of the game, to deny it, is to bury your head in the sand.

D

Deleted member 15344

No .
I have been consistent with this kind of tackle ( assault)
A tackle like that tore my ACL many years ago ,I would not like to win anything cheating.
I may be in the minority but it’s what I belive.

Very much in the minority - admirable but just doesn’t happen in many sports these days and let’s be honest for decades

It’s a professional foul and every single manager plus 99.999% of fans would want the player to do it to help the team win - it’s not “cheating” , it’s committing a professional foul

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find it impossible to believe you only played in teams that never ever cheated, no team mate “cheating” a yard for a throw in or 6 inches for a free kick or not being blown for a foul etc.
You didn’t win them trophies on your own!

Anyone of us who has played or watched football for the last 50 years have known it’s part of the game, to deny it, is to bury your head in the sand.
Sorry misunderstanding I was looking at my golf trophies.
I have not got any footy ones left cheap plastic crap never won anything worth keeping if I am honest!
I never said cheating never went on I was asked for my opinion that’s all. “A genuine question apparently “
Unfortunatly it is part of the game tolerated from top to bottom.
I have voted with my feet I don’t go any more.
Just a side issue I got my ST for nothing so it’s not a monetary thing that I don’t go anymore.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very much in the minority - admirable but just doesn’t happen in many sports these days and let’s be honest for decades

It’s a professional foul and every single manager plus 99.999% of fans would want the player to do it to help the team win - it’s not “cheating” , it’s committing a professional foul
Yes I can’t disagree with your analogy
If that’s what you want to call it that’s fine.
I call it cheating imo they are the same.

D

Deleted member 16999

Sorry misunderstanding I was looking at my golf trophies.
I have not got any footy ones left cheap plastic crap never won anything worth keeping if I am honest!
I never said cheating never went on I was asked for my opinion that’s all. “A genuine question apparently “
Unfortunatly it is part of the game tolerated from top to bottom.
I have voted with my feet I don’t go any more.
Just a side issue I got my ST for nothing so it’s not a monetary thing that I don’t go anymore.
That’s were I think we differ, its not tolerated, it’s expected!
Every single sport has this element, whether it’s cheating/gamesmanship or some other terminology.
Rules and boundaries are pushed and there are times it goes undetected, always has done, always will be.