Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Good old talksport were talking about Aguero tonight in regards him being the highest Foriegn goalscorer and the question was - is he the best foreign striker seen in the Prem era ? And where did he sit in regards when you add in the English

Made me think which would be my top 5 foriegn and top 5 overall

Foriegn -

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Suarez
4. Van Nistelrooy
5. Torres

Overall

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Shearer
4. Suarez
5. Rooney/Fowler/Kane ( couldn’t split them )

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good old talksport were talking about Aguero tonight in regards him being the highest Foriegn goalscorer and the question was - is he the best foreign striker seen in the Prem era ? And where did he sit in regards when you add in the English

Foriegn -

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Suarez
4. Van Nistelrooy
5. Torres

Overall

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Shearer
4. Suarez

not that youd have a Liverpool bias or me an Arsenal one but pretty sure Van Persies stats will stack up well against Suarez and Torres!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Foriegn -

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Suarez
4. Van Nistelrooy
5. Torres

Overall

1. Henry
2. Aguero
3. Shearer
4. Suarez
Not a bad list on the foreign side, I think Drogba deserves to be in the conversation. He took a while to get going but on his day was absolutely unstoppable.

Rooney is an odd, I almost don't consider him a striker, he was almost more of a number 10 or 'second striker' for me. Yes he played up top but not exclusively, whereas the others there are all out-and-out strikers. Makes it hard to compare Rooney to them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
not that youd have a Liverpool bias or me an Arsenal one but pretty sure Van Persies stats will stack up well against Suarez and Torres!
I'm not sure about RVP, as he was quite average and injury prone for a lot of his early Arsenal years. He had two or three world class seasons and then went a bit off the boil again.

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe RvP is a goal every other game
Suarez was 70 in 110
And Torres when at Liverpool was 65 in 100

But i was going on more than just the stats

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
144 goals in 280 games
85 goals in 212 games
69 goals in 110 games

One of them is a long way 3rd, the other 2 are pretty close (strike rate against longevity).

D

Deleted member 15344

yeah of course, youre going on the Liverpool shirt (as shown by only counting Torres stats when at Liverpool)
Yes because that’s when he was at his best before his serious knee injury that lost him his crucial pace - judging the player at his peak. I would take a peak Torres over a peak RvP - it wasn’t “ which player is statistically “ the best .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes because that’s when he was at his best before his serious knee injury that lost him his crucial pace - judging the player at his peak. I would take a peak Torres over a peak RvP - it wasn’t “ which player is statistically “ the best .

yet you use Torres stats from his peak pre injury against Van Persies stats from his whole time in the premier league, not as if RVP was ever injured is it lol

apples and pears :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Orikoru, what's your opinion now on Jose Mourinho now, and his style of football?
I don't know what you mean. We've only kept one clean sheet in the league under him so far, he could make us more defensive if anything. Granted he has not improved us a great deal over Poch yet. We need to invest since Aurier is useless, and he doesn't seem to rate Vertonghen or maybe reckons he's past it. Can't wait for Lloris to come back as well, Gazzaniga is poor.

D

Deleted member 15344

yet you use Torres stats from his peak pre injury against Van Persies stats from his whole time in the premier league, not as if RVP was ever injured is it lol

apples and pears :)

My opinion wasn’t based on stats alone as I have already stated - I wasn’t using anyone stats against anyone - it wasn’t yourself that brought stats into it

If you want to have RvP over Torres then please do so ? all about opinions

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing I didn’t like from either tackle was studs up. The guy that Robertson caugh, his studs were not raised hence less chance of injury. How many professional fouls do City commit. One or two I would say, but none have the potential for serious injury. For me, studs up whether you injure someone or not, win the ball or not yellow minimum.
One or two?
You must have gone home after 30mins.;)

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't know what you mean. We've only kept one clean sheet in the league under him so far, he could make us more defensive if anything. Granted he has not improved us a great deal over Poch yet. We need to invest since Aurier is useless, and he doesn't seem to rate Vertonghen or maybe reckons he's past it. Can't wait for Lloris to come back as well, Gazzaniga is poor.

From what I've seen the style is different, he doesn't play "The Press". Which I preferred as its more exciting and tends to keep the opposition more on the back foot. I know it's early days, but thought he would have improved the defence. It's been 1 step forward then another back. Some of the games have been with us sitting back behind the ball and just trying to exploit mistakes made by the opposition.

D

Deleted member 16999

Jordan Henderson 2019 England player of The Year.

European Cup winner
Super cup Winner
Club World Cup winner

What a 18months he's had.

Well in Jordan lad.
Nice to see you take an interest in the National side. ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Nice to see you take an interest in the National side. ;)

Always interested just not a lover or follower ? its all over my Twitter feed too, just checked Ingurland are 11/2 favourites for the euro’s ???