Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oddly enough when it comes to Aguero, he has not won many personal awards. That aside his apprentice who is earmarked to take over from him ( Gabriel Jesus) also has very impressive stats, but there are rumours over whether he will stay at City or not. Apparently he is a bit Bovril. Me I like him. Today we have two centre forwards, last game v Utd, none. ?

I think he's more like Marmite ;). He's not convinced me yet but he has huge shoes to fill.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After being written off a while back , Watford have climbed out of the relegation zone with Villa dropping in

I think we can safely say that Norwich will go down - so who is filling up the other two spots ?

Villa - struggling badly with injuries and just don’t have a goalscorer

Bournemouth- another team struggling with injuries , will they scrape through ?

West Ham - Moyes needs to work quick to mould a team , also don’t seem to have a goalscorer

Watford - think they will stay up , Deeney being back is key for them

Then it’s Newcastle, Brighton , Burnley

For me it’s going to be Villa and Brighton

Would love you to be right with Brighton, but think Burnley, Bournemouth and Norwich

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Let me add some more VAR controversy.

One of our Watford players, Pererya, was sent off for violent conduct by the ref in FA Cup game v Tranmere last week. The game had VAR in it. VAR saw no reason to overturn and confirmed the red. Watford appealed and it was overturned by committee. This implies that not only was the ref wrong but so too the VAR, despite several replays.

FWIW, I thought it was a red and should have stayed so.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

One of our Watford players, Pererya, was sent off for violent conduct by the ref in FA Cup game v Tranmere last week. The game had VAR in it. VAR saw no reason to overturn and confirmed the red. Watford appealed and it was overturned by committee. This implies that not only was the ref wrong but so too the VAR, despite several replays.

Which endorses what I have been saying, refs got it wrong last season etc. Yet they are governing VAR and still getting it wrong.
Look at aubameyang was his tackle malicious. I dont think so, but his studs were up and people scream foul play could of broke his leg. VAR sys red, Yet robertson won his tackle with studs up and it's ok coz he was following through. Even though he still could of broke a leg. I mentioned this months ago that any tackle that can cause Injury is a red.But was shouted down.
VAR am off coz al be here all morning.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which endorses what I have been saying, refs got it wrong last season etc. Yet they are governing VAR and still getting it wrong.
Look at aubameyang was his tackle malicious. I dont think so, but his studs were up and people scream foul play could of broke his leg. VAR sys red, Yet robertson won his tackle with studs up and it's ok coz he was following through. Even though he still could of broke a leg. I mentioned this months ago that any tackle that can cause Injury is a red.But was shouted down.
Difference is Robbo got the ball. How do you do that without following through?
Watch it again he has his toe pointed studs looking at the ground , his studs come up after he has won the ball.
Aubamayang didn’t he was nowhere near getting the ball..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Blind leading the Blind.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wonder if the board have had a word with him or his "self-reflection" is really self imposed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51088079

Bournemouth are definitely struggling but Howe is seen as a good manager often touted when other jobs come up so what is going wrong at Bournemouth. Are injuries and a small squad solely to blame? How long will he be given and is he/the players good enough to get out of trouble

Tashyboy

Visit site
Difference is Robbo got the ball. How do you do that without following through?
Watch it again he has his toe pointed studs looking at the ground , his studs come up after he has won the ball.
Aubamayang didn’t he was nowhere near getting the ball..
The only thing I didn’t like from either tackle was studs up. The guy that Robertson caugh, his studs were not raised hence less chance of injury. How many professional fouls do City commit. One or two I would say, but none have the potential for serious injury. For me, studs up whether you injure someone or not, win the ball or not yellow minimum.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yep, cos all fouls can cause injury, so shall we make every tackle a red then?

Son's on Gomez was one of the most innocuous tackles you could see, but look at the damage it caused.

Aubameyang's wasnt malicious but was highly dangerous, as was Robbos. One distinction is that one actually did get the ball, although both equally could have done the same damage.

When it comes to tackling one size doesnt fit all.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The only thing I didn’t like from either tackle was studs up. The guy that Robertson caugh, his studs were not raised hence less chance of injury. How many professional fouls do City commit. One or two I would say, but none have the potential for serious injury. For me, studs up whether you injure someone or not, win the ball or not yellow minimum.

So City are nice foulers, then?

Jeez.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seriously ?

A9EF508F-0D96-40A5-8895-61C7314EE646.jpeg

Tashyboy

Visit site
Now then look at the last three posters/ likes. common denominator, well who do they support.
My post was studs up, not all tackles as was mentioned by who ?. Tell me this, does all tackles have to be studs up. Robertson's was, the other player wasn't. Apparently Liverpool are the new City when it comes to nice fouls ?
What the Liverpool posse need to look at is an opinion where it involves Liverpool and its players and fans is not always a dig at them. It is an example, an opinion. That's all.?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now then look at the last three posters/ likes. common denominator, well who do they support.
My post was studs up, not all tackles as was mentioned by who ?. Tell me this, does all tackles have to be studs up. Robertson's was, the other player wasn't. Apparently Liverpool are the new City when it comes to nice fouls ?
What the Liverpool posse need to look at is an opinion where it involves Liverpool and its players and fans is not always a dig at them. It is an example, an opinion. That's all.?

Firstly, I didnt jump to the defence of the Liverpool player, as I equally said that it was dangerous, but if your gonna spout she....hite, be prepared to be pulled up.

Aubas tackle was studs down, but equally as dangerous.

I think we know when tackles are dangerous, but when you try and make football black and white decisions your on a loser, as lots of other factors come into account. Speed of tackle, intent, danger, area of the pitch, professional or not (you should have more of an idea on this as most) ;), defenders on the cover, breakaway/transition and much more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder if the board have had a word with him or his "self-reflection" is really self imposed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51088079

Bournemouth are definitely struggling but Howe is seen as a good manager often touted when other jobs come up so what is going wrong at Bournemouth. Are injuries and a small squad solely to blame? How long will he be given and is he/the players good enough to get out of trouble
I've always felt Howe was overrated. Last season they conceded 70 goals! The year before that 61, which was more than two of the relegated teams, and the season before that they finished 9th having conceded a whopping 67. Howe has done an impressive job to establish them where they are but he's been there forever and still hasn't sorted out a passable defence. I thought links of him getting top jobs were well wide of the mark. Right now they've only scored 1 in their last 5 games - and when you concede as many as they do, when the goals dry up the outcome is inevitable.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've always felt Howe was overrated. Last season they conceded 70 goals! The year before that 61, which was more than two of the relegated teams, and the season before that they finished 9th having conceded a whopping 67. Howe has done an impressive job to establish them where they are but he's been there forever and still hasn't sorted out a passable defence. I thought links of him getting top jobs were well wide of the mark. Right now they've only scored 1 in their last 5 games - and when you concede as many as they do, when the goals dry up the outcome is inevitable.

I agree that if you can't score and can't keep a clean sheet there is only one outcome. Mind you looking at this link https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/989 there does seem to be the heart of the defence out injured so I am sure they are playing squad players or players out of position. Even so you'd expect Howe to get them organised and as your stats show, defending has been an issue for several seasons. As I know from Fulhams short term PL tenure, if you don't score enough and can't defend you're down. I think on currently form, Norwich are gone and Bournemouth will go if they can't stop leaking goals. That leaves one. Can the Pearson revival continue or can Villa find a way to win, especially ugly? I can still see both plus West Ham and Burnley all getting into a relegation dogfight