Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I cant correct CC's, that's his opinion. I dont think Spurs deserved anything out of the game. yes they created chances but apart from Lo Celso's sitter everything else was straight at Alisson.

We dominated Possession and at times played like it was a training session. We were also sloppy at times which let them into the game but overall I thought we were in control of the game.
Think that about sums it up for me - it wasn’t a great game , we missed some great chances early , impressed with their young defender - the Robbo tackle , surprised they didn’t call it back and send him off - certainly caught him dangerously

D

Deleted member 1740

Think that about sums it up for me - it wasn’t a great game , we missed some great chances early , impressed with their young defender - the Robbo tackle , surprised they didn’t call it back and send him off - certainly caught him dangerously

Totally disagree about the Robbo tackle. Both went in for the ball Robbo won the ball then took the man. It was a good strong fair tackle, he was in control it wasnt reckless nor dangerous.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Their chances came from our mistakes .until the last 20 mins you hardly sent anyone forward
The finishing was dire from spurs . But not great from us.
Robbo got the ball then followed through , it’s impossible at that speed not to follow through .
A different game yes I think we were.
So now it’s the last 20 minutes,make your mind up

D

Deleted member 15344

Totally disagree about the Robbo tackle. Both went in for the ball Robbo won the ball then took the man. It was a good strong fair tackle, he was in control it wasnt reckless nor dangerous.

He got the ball yep but then the foot landed studs squarely on the players shin - it’s one that we have seen red cards given for hence why I’m surprised they didn’t go back it

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So now it’s the last 20 minutes,make your mind up
Typical JM team sit back , hope for a mistake.
If it hasn’t happened by 60 mins then have a go.
Seen it to many times.
But his previous teams had strikers that took their chances.
Guy in the box nearly hit the corner flag from three yd’s.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I cant correct CC's, that's his opinion. I dont think Spurs deserved anything out of the game. yes they created chances but apart from Lo Celso's sitter everything else was straight at Alisson.

We dominated Possession and at times played like it was a training session. We were also sloppy at times which let them into the game but overall I thought we were in control of the game.
I agree and as you say they created chances

Thought Alison was very assured

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He got the ball yep but then the foot landed studs squarely on the players shin - it’s one that we have seen red cards given for hence why I’m surprised they didn’t go back it
They might of looked at it ,but they don’t tell us.
That’s a problem with VAR we don’t know what they look at and what they don’t only what the commentators tell us.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Graham Le Saux has said that the league is tight and the challengers are expecting Liverpool to slip up ?

I think they’ll slip up as far as being unbeaten, but the league is done & dusted, we’ve thrown away more than 10 points at home against bottom dwellers that would have seen us as runners up currently when we’re supposed to be struggling down in 6th or lower, but then City have lost some stupid matches also, so I think 2nd to 4th will stay the same, but not necessarily in the same order, signings in this window could make a difference to some teams, but not enough to catch Liverpool, unless they implode, which I can’t see happening, unfortunately.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Typical JM team sit back , hope for a mistake.
If it hasn’t happened by 60 mins then have a go.
Seen it to many times.
But his previous teams had strikers that took their chances.
Guy in the box nearly hit the corner flag from three yd’s.
You make a lot of good points however you exaggerated your points about all Spurs chances being from your mistakes which is so far from the truth.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think they’ll slip up as far as being unbeaten, but the league is done & dusted, we’ve thrown away more than 10 points at home against bottom dwellers that would have seen us as runners up currently when we’re supposed to be struggling down in 6th or lower, but then City have lost some stupid matches also, so I think 2nd to 4th will stay the same, but not necessarily in the same order, signings in this window could make a difference to some teams, but not enough to catch Liverpool, unless they implode, which I can’t see happening, unfortunately.

On current form it's hard to see where they'll drop points, the mentality within the squad is immense.

Most of the lads I know arent bothered about going unbeaten, yes it's a great achievement but its not the be all and end all. OGAAT is the mentality most of us have adopted.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
On current form it's hard to see where they'll drop points, the mentality within the squad is immense.

Most of the lads I know arent bothered about going unbeaten, yes it's a great achievement but its not the be all and end all. OGAAT is the mentality most of us have adopted.
They could drop points if they sew up the league and concentrate on the cups?

D

Deleted member 1740

They could drop points if they sew up the league and concentrate on the cups?

I said that today to Odman. If the league is won mid April and were still in the CL he could introduce more young lads though I doubt he will if everyone is fit and raring to go.

But, the mentality has changed for the better and Klopp has insisted that its only ever about the next game, keep focused on that and the rest takes care of itself.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No that’s fine
Your playing well so no point exaggerating.
I was not exaggerating but sometimes what you type is not what your thinking.
Spurs were so negative imo in the first half but still had chances to score.
I find it very frustrating when 1-0 up and missing chances.
As I said finishing was poor from both sides.

On the Robbo tackle thought it was good he actually pointed his toe to win the ball.
But the one on Auldevireld was very petty And he was lucky.