Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Only because teams don’t take their chances, Liverpool in many matches have been there for the taking, but nobody has taken their opportunities, which was very different to the City run last season when they didn’t give the opposition any chances.

Whilst the current run is impressive, it hasn’t been a commanding performance all the time, they’ve rode their luck a fair few times, and as such I personally don’t think it can last, based on that observation.

Good old lucky Liverpool ??

D

Deleted member 1740

Only because teams don’t take their chances, Liverpool in many matches have been there for the taking, but nobody has taken their opportunities, which was very different to the City run last season when they didn’t give the opposition any chances.

Whilst the current run is impressive, it hasn’t been a commanding performance all the time, they’ve rode their luck a fair few times, and as such I personally don’t think it can last, based on that observation.

Most teams never laid a glove on city over the last 2 seasons, they'd won the games in the dressing room most weeks. Still had to go out and do the job though and like a great side they did.

No pictures on scorecards Fishy son ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Should have been red

Load of rubbish. 1st one was a stupid foul and worthy of a yellow card. the 2nd was a 50/50 and the Spurs lad was a fraction late to the ball. Robbo wins the ball and catches him with the follow through.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Blimey, tough crowd! If that’s Liverpool being lucky and ready for the taking, hate to think what happens when they hit their straps! ??

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

To be honest Fishcake, IF we win the league, I couldn’t give a flying fickle what’s thought of my team

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Choo choo......Next stop Anfield

Dominated the game, sloppy in parts but overall deserved winners.

Tasty game next week against the PL's best defence ??

Can’t agree
Spurs had plenty of chances as Fish pointed out and deserved something out the game.
Robertson was high and red all day for me.
Another 3 points though

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey, tough crowd! If that’s Liverpool being lucky and ready for the taking, hate to think what happens when they hit their straps! ??
Graham Le Saux has said that the league is tight and the challengers are expecting Liverpool to slip up ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spurs chances all came from our mistakes.
Should have been all over after 60 mins.
Very poor finishing from both teams imo.
How you can get red for winning the ball and following through is inevitable.
Tackling will be banned soon.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spurs chances all came from our mistakes.
Should have been all over after 60 mins.
Very poor finishing from both teams imo.
How you can get red for winning the ball and following through is inevitable.
Tackling will be banned soon.
So Spurs created nothing themselves?
So Kompanys foul on Salah is an ok tackle now.
You couldn’t make it up.
Oh yes you can

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You couldn’t make it up.
Oh yes you can
Hard to create anything with 11 men in your own half ,it should have been over by half time.
I don’t remember Kompany getting red much even though he was a habitual chopper but got away with it.
Your doing ok yourself.

D

Deleted member 1740

You couldn’t make it up.
Oh yes you can

Kompany's foul was a yellow card and I said so at the time. infact in real time I thought it was a great tackle.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard to create anything with 11 men in your own half ,it should have been over by half time.
I don’t remember Kompany getting red much even though he was a habitual chopper but got away with it.
Your doing ok yourself.
Have a word with yourself
You said Spurs created nothing themselves ,that’s complete rubbish.
Liverpool fans were moaning for weeks about Kompanys tackle on the follow through.Robertson also raked a player on purpose.
Watch the game again and tell me Spurs created nothing themselves because we are watching a different game.
I bet Alison was the busiest keeper on saves made.

D

Deleted member 1740

Was you at the game today and if so can you correct CC

I cant correct CC's, that's his opinion. I dont think Spurs deserved anything out of the game. yes they created chances but apart from Lo Celso's sitter everything else was straight at Alisson.

We dominated Possession and at times played like it was a training session. We were also sloppy at times which let them into the game but overall I thought we were in control of the game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a word with yourself
You said Spurs created nothing themselves ,that’s complete rubbish.
Liverpool fans were moaning for weeks about Kompanys tackle on the follow through.Robertson also raked a player on purpose.
Watch the game again and tell me Spurs created nothing themselves because we are watching a different game.
I bet Alison was the busiest keeper on saves made.
Their chances came from our mistakes .until the last 20 mins you hardly sent anyone forward
The finishing was dire from spurs . But not great from us.
Robbo got the ball then followed through , it’s impossible at that speed not to follow through .
A different game yes I think we were.