Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cenk Tosun goes to Palace on loan for the rest of the season. A Big Sam January buy it never really happened for him. Good luck to him, he came across as an honest player. Hopefully Niasse will be next off the books.

The question for palace is why get a striker who has failed to score goals to replace Benteke who has failed to score goals? Hodgson must see something in him but I'd be a tad underwhelmed if I was a Palace fan.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cenk Tosun goes to Palace on loan for the rest of the season. A Big Sam January buy it never really happened for him. Good luck to him, he came across as an honest player. Hopefully Niasse will be next off the books.

The question for palace is why get a striker who has failed to score goals to replace Benteke who has failed to score goals? Hodgson must see something in him but I'd be a tad underwhelmed if I was a Palace fan.

I guess from Tosun's point of view, if he's going to get game time at Palace it has to be a good thing. Sometimes a different manager can get a player engaged and inspired so he may make an impact at Palace. I agree with your assessment that he seems an honest player

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I guess from Tosun's point of view, if he's going to get game time at Palace it has to be a good thing. Sometimes a different manager can get a player engaged and inspired so he may make an impact at Palace. I agree with your assessment that he seems an honest player
It's a no brainer for him, particularly as Turkey have qualified for the Euro's and he wants to be there. You are absolutely right and maybe a fresh start is all he needs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a no brainer for him, particularly as Turkey have qualified for the Euro's and he wants to be there. You are absolutely right and maybe a fresh start is all he needs.
I imagine game time would have been a big factor if he wants to feature for Turkey and I do think as a man manager Hodgson is really good so I think he'll find a way to get him playing with confidence again.

D

Deleted member 1740

I said earlier in the thread how Everton have been mismanaged for many years. How Allardyce was allowed to spend £40m+ on 2 players while on a 18months contract is beyond me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I said earlier in the thread how Everton have been mismanaged for many years. How Allardyce was allowed to spend £40m+ on 2 players while on a 18months contract is beyond me.
Panic appointment, no more complicated than that. Hopefully they have learnt a lesson but I'm not holding my breath.

Swango1980

Visit site
Totally agree. Yet again VAR overshadows. When will the powers that be see common sense and realise its killing the game
I don't think they'll change anything this year, as they don't wanna change the boundaries mid way through. I guess they feel it is fairer to keep the farce going rather than trying to intervene asap.

At least we can all write this season off, and make liverpool's first Premier league win unofficial.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Think he'll do okay at Palace. When he first came in I thought he was going to be a good signing, and always had a soft spot for him after he scored in the first game I took my Dad to at Goodison, but just hasn't happened for him. Get service into him though and he will score goals, his finishing is more than decent. He'll work hard for the team, presses really well, holds the ball up well but his movement's not great, can go missing in games (hence his goalscoring record), but if he's determined to get a spot in the Euros squad then Palace could get some goals out of him.

D

Deleted member 1740

Think he'll do okay at Palace. When he first came in I thought he was going to be a good signing, and always had a soft spot for him after he scored in the first game I took my Dad to at Goodison, but just hasn't happened for him. Get service into him though and he will score goals, his finishing is more than decent. He'll work hard for the team, presses really well, holds the ball up well but his movement's not great, can go missing in games (hence his goalscoring record), but if he's determined to get a spot in the Euros squad then Palace could get some goals out of him.

He sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for Everton ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
without Kane I don’t think so.
He normally plays better when Kane’s not playing.

I gather you didn't spot his bag!

At our ground early, then god knows how he'll get over to North London if he's watching us first, then going by his shirt, fly off to watch Spatak Moscow :oops::LOL::ROFLMAO: