Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If my memory is right JM played him out wide and said he wasn’t a striker.

OGS is blagging his way through that job. The longer he’s there, the more damage he’s doing.

Sterling has improved under his last 3 managers, he still lacks that killer instinct though.

How Phil Jones is still at Yernited is beyond me.

Been talking to lad Tash tonight. Where are Utd and Arsenal going to finish In the league. For me OGS has the better squad at Utd, but Arsenal have the better coach in Arteta.

4LEX

Visit site
It won’t matter, it’ll take 3 full seasons and £500m for any manager to turn this dross around.

Despite Ole being absolutely useless theres a core of a good side. De Gea, AWB, Maguire and McTominey are all very good players. Rashford is about to go to true world class level. Martial and Pogba will raise £150m as theres still people stupid enough to buy them for vast amounts. Throw in Man Utd's usual £125m of summer spend and with a world class manager and the right signings things would change quickly. A new striker, playmaker. left back and it's a totally new dynamic. City will be in big trouble once Pep goes in 2021 as you simply can't replace the best manager in the world. Liverpool are excellent but theres no guarentee once the title has landed complacency wouldn't set in.

Liverpool finished 6 or so points behind Man Utd 18 months ago, then something like 30 ahead the year after. Things change quick in football.

Man Utd's problem is Ed Woodwood. He made a huge mistake in giving Ole the job and is compounding it by making an even bigger mistake in not sacking him. His record in player recruitment is borderline professional neglect. Man Utd are dusted as long as he's CEO.

D

Deleted member 1740

Despite Ole being absolutely useless theres a core of a good side. De Gea, AWB, Maguire and McTominey are all very good players. Rashford is about to go to true world class level. Martial and Pogba will raise £150m as theres still people stupid enough to buy them for vast amounts. Throw in Man Utd's usual £125m of summer spend and with a world class manager and the right signings things would change quickly. A new striker, playmaker. left back and it's a totally new dynamic. City will be in big trouble once Pep goes in 2021 as you simply can't replace the best manager in the world. Liverpool are excellent but theres no guarentee once the title has landed complacency wouldn't set in.

Liverpool finished 6 or so points behind Man Utd 18 months ago, then something like 30 ahead the year after. Things change quick in football.

Man Utd's problem is Ed Woodwood. He made a huge mistake in giving Ole the job and is compounding it by making an even bigger mistake in not sacking him. His record in player recruitment is borderline professional neglect. Man Utd are dusted as long as he's CEO.

Rashford "true world class level" ???
I rate him but he's not near that level yet.

The problem is you need more than 5 good players to make that team capable to get closer to City and Liverpool.

Going by the transfer fees in recent seasons it'll take more than £275m to improve that squad to compete.

With the right manager and signings you're right it could change but unless you're buying the real best players it'll take 2 or 3 seasons to see a massive improvement. Have Yernited fans got the patience?

Right now there's no evidence to suggest any Complacency from Liverpool, the mentality klopp has instilled suggests there'll be no complacency if we win the league.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly. If they buy the right players and not overpriced rubbish like Maguire, Fred and co?

The problem is when it comes to Man U, Citeh, Chelsea , Liverpool etc there are no under-priced players.

At least we won the 2nd half though :p:LOL:

We need 4 players minimum. 2 CM, a left back and a forward.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rashford "true world class level" ???
I rate him but he's not near that level yet.

The problem is you need more than 5 good players to make that team capable to get closer to City and Liverpool.

Going by the transfer fees in recent seasons it'll take more than £275m to improve that squad to compete.

With the right manager and signings you're right it could change but unless you're buying the real best players it'll take 2 or 3 seasons to see a massive improvement. Have Yernited fans got the patience?

Right now there's no evidence to suggest any Complacency from Liverpool, the mentality klopp has instilled suggests there'll be no complacency if we win the league.

Yeah, I have the patience. I honestly don't think swapping out and changing managers is the answer. Give him 4 or 5 new players. Each new manager you get sets you back. Our best players this year have been the one's Ole has signed. ......plus who's out there, only Poch really.

D

Deleted member 1740

The problem is when it comes to Man U, Citeh, Chelsea , Liverpool etc there are no under-priced players.

At least we won the 2nd half though :p:LOL:

That's just short term.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah, I have the patience. I honestly don't think swapping out and changing managers is the answer. Give him 4 or 5 new players. Each new manager you get sets you back. Our best players this year have been the one's Ole has signed. ......plus who's out there, only Poch really.

I'd agree normally but this Yernited job is a massive rebuild squad wise which would take 3-5 seasons if the signings are right. You can afford 1 unsuccessful signing not many more though.

Tashyboy

Visit site

Is that trolling at its finest or a serious post. ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
We need 4 players minimum. 2 CM, a left back and a forward.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree normally but this Yernited job is a massive rebuild squad wise which would take 3-5 seasons if the signings are right. You can afford 1 unsuccessful signing not many more though.

Stu al reply to you coz I thinks it’s a serious post. A Utd fan quotes five players inc one going world class, then says 3 more players will make Utd fantastic. Now correct me if am wrong but football is played with 11 players not 8. Now look at City and who was sat on the bench last night, plus Sane and Laporte still out injured. Football at the highest level is not about your starting 8 or 11. It is the squad, and quite frankly Utds squad is wafer thin. Now look at pep and Klopp. They just crack on with it, they don’t have Woodward at the club making wrong decisions. The worst thing Utd could do is let OGS carry on at the helm.Hope he does though ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
yet reading on the City sites, they reckon he had a good game ? A lot of folk had rose tinted on last night.

I thought he was shocking and gave the ball away almost every time he had possession. He looks to play it back and inside so often and usually completely blind! Plus he seems so one-footed that his options are very limited - he did try a 5yd right foot pass, under no pressure, and missed his target. Don't get me started on their goal - he gave up long before Rashford hit his shot. No attempt to keep chasing just in case he was needed and stopped jogging at the edge of the box. I don't get why Pep plays him.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll top trump that with Mendy...How many times did he almost gift them a goal in the first half...
It’s a well known fact City are rubbish at the back and if you can get past the cynical fouling in midfield you have a chance against them.
You must stop them scoring at the other end though.
Lovely football as long as they have the ball,Peps way.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure that Man Utd are that far off challenging at the top again. Add in 5 players and you have a decent first team..........

De Gea in goal.

Back four - Wan Bissaka, McGuire, VVD (Liverpool), Robertson (Liverpool)

Midfield - McTominay & Fernandinho (Man City) holding with Pogba (or Kroos from RM if Pogba wants to go), Rashford, De Bruyne (Man City) in front of them

Forward - Kane (Spurs)

Would keep Martial, James, Fred, Greenwood, Pereira, Lindelof, Romero and there are probably a few other good youngsters. Then get rid of the rest and bring in a few others and you have the makings of a decent squad.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Man Utd would be able to buy the 5/6 players that I have suggested it was more an example of how adding 5 players could make them competitive again.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

I agree, I think we are about where you were in 2015-16 when Leicester won the league.

Stu al reply to you coz I thinks it’s a serious post. A Utd fan quotes five players inc one going world class, then says 3 more players will make Utd fantastic. Now correct me if am wrong but football is played with 11 players not 8. Now look at City and who was sat on the bench last night, plus Sane and Laporte still out injured. Football at the highest level is not about your starting 8 or 11. It is the squad, and quite frankly Utds squad is wafer thin. Now look at pep and Klopp. They just crack on with it, they don’t have Woodward at the club making wrong decisions. The worst thing Utd could do is let OGS carry on at the helm.Hope he does though ?[/QUOTE]

You're right. But, i'd also say Liverpool and City's squad isn't as strong as they'd like, City Especially need a CB. A couple of injuries to key players and they'd struggle. I think Utd need a 3 year plan and to chop and change managers before that isn't the way forward as you're just moving yourself back a year every time. Like I said, our best players this year have been the one's Ole has signed. Give him the 3 seasons, then make the call. Woodward has to give him the £ to get those players though.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think UTD are about 6 top signings away from the top teams

GK - no issues

Backline - it’s one of the most expensive in the league but massive gaps at LB and CB

Midfield - McTomminey seems a decent player - a bit like Fletcher and does a job but is there anyone else ? Matic , Fred , Perira , Lingard ( ??? ) - they seem nowhere near the level required. Then there is the Pogba issue - quality player but clearly doesn’t want to be there and maybe just doesn’t suit the Prem. So you could say that 3 players needed

Forwards - Rashford is a quality player , but imo can’t play through the middle , same with Martial who doesn’t want to be there and James who is very direct with his pace. So prob need 2/3 players there as well

That’s a lot of players needed but a lot of money as well- and when you consider that apparently City have only spent £80mil more since Ferguson left you have to ask where the money has gone

UTD have big problems imo and OGS is not the person they need there - a good 5 years of very good recruitment away from challenging imo

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Utd are a very big club but will the top players want to come.
You need CL at the very least to attract these names.
That should be the first goal.
With CL footy you may get these stars but without it is a different story imo.