Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont know what this means in terms of the "strength" of the league, but I looked up the total amount of points won in different premier league seasons

19/20: 577 points after 20/21 games
18/19: 1069 1st place 98 / 20th 16
17/18: 1041 1st place 100 / 20th 31
16/17: 1056 1st place 93 / 20th 24
15/16: 1033 1st place 81 / 20th 17

03/04 (Arsenal invincibles): 1032 1st place 90 / 20th 33
89/99 (UTD treble): 1025 1st place 79 / 20th 30

Its likely that those numbers are totally irrelevant, but thought it would be interesting to work out.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont have to convince myself of anything Tone.

You said getting 100pts would be because of weaker sides, Leicester have Improved on last season, city are still a great side. IF we do get it, itll be no lesser achievement than when City done it.

City have had 2 immense seasons, its almost impossible to dominate for longer periods without others catching up.

Anyway it's all irrelevant, we havent won it yet.

I've been through the last 30 odd years you dont need to tell me it doesnt last forever.
Liverpool can only beat whats in front of them but what’s in front of them is weaker.
The big 6 five of them are weaker.
Leicester are better than last year but not when they won it.
I’m sure you will get 100 points or more but you only imo get the trophy not the best of all time.
I have praised Klopp and Liverpool by the way,they deserve the title

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont know what this means in terms of the "strength" of the league, but I looked up the total amount of points won in different premier league seasons

Its likely that those numbers are totally irrelevant, but thought it would be interesting to work out.
That leciester81pts is gutting when 97 doesn’t win it

D

Deleted member 15344

The reasons you see more negatives Phil, are twofold. 1, it's about your team. 2, the bigger the club, the bigger the backlash. Thinking you're being treated or commented on worse than previous teams really does come across as paranoid.

As to the injuries.
Really? Your squad players may be taking a hit, but last few weeks you've played pretty much full strength. Mane, salah, firminho, taa, Robertson, vvd, gomez, Henderson, wiljnaudan, all been available all season have they not?

Yes injuries - believe we are down to 13 fit senior players right now and because of that people’s aren’t being rotated out to get a rest during an intense period with the extra game - we have currently two cb’s, three CM’s and a forward out injured

And no not all those players have been available all season

Salah , Firmino , Henderson , Winaljdum, Robertson , Alisson , Fabinho, Matip and Gomez have been out at some point in the season so far - just VVD and Mane have managed to stay knock free at the moment

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes injuries - believe we are down to 13 fit senior players right now and because of that people’s aren’t being rotated out to get a rest during an intense period with the extra game - we have currently two cb’s, three CM’s and a forward out injured

Salah , Firmino , Henderson , Winaljdum, Robertson , Alisson , Fabinho, Matip and Gomez have been out at some point in the season so far - just VVD and Mane have managed to stay knock free at the moment
Injuries are when your down to 13 and it’s youth players on the bench.
Your fielding your strongest team week in week out.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site

C488ADBD-069E-4315-ABEC-9967B712DB02.jpeg

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Apologies if image above is poor quality, just done on phone. But this was pulled together last season. Shows some interesting stats. As a Newcastle fan manu winning with 75 pts in 95/96 is most gutting.
Also, got to feel bad for West Ham in 03.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What's the point discussing anything then Tashy if have to wait till seasons end, doesnt change the style of football being played now which is being discussed. The discussion end of season would become more akin to is this Liverpool team as good as Utds 1999 team that won PL, CL & FA Cup, as they would have surpassed City's single season successes but again just my opinion. All discussions are valid at anytime people have to be willing to listen though.
I know exactly what you mean, in all honesty as a neutral ??. Irrespective of style of play. Euro champs, world champs, English champs. Has anyone ever had that. Quite impressive. If City had won that, it would have been classed as bought that. The achievement somewhat overshadowed by ££££signs. But it’s Liverpool so hands up to them, at the moment.
That aside. They have ground out results, sometimes through sheer grit and an ability to not give in. Have the club learned from last seasons failings in the league from players and manager, am positive they have. It last season I thought they played more attractive football. But they failed in the league. This year, not so but let’s be right, every fan in the league would love to be in Liverpool’s position now, prem league winners elect.
For the record, arsenals invisibles and City’s are the best teams for me.
Plus al take being best team of the last decade. ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I know exactly what you mean, in all honesty as a neutral ??. Irrespective of style of play. Euro champs, world champs, English champs. Has anyone ever had that. Quite impressive. If City had won that, it would have been classed as bought that. The achievement somewhat overshadowed by ££££signs. But it’s Liverpool so hands up to them, at the moment.
That aside. They have ground out results, sometimes through sheer grit and an ability to not give in. Have the club learned from last seasons failings in the league from players and manager, am positive they have. It last season I thought they played more attractive football. But they failed in the league. This year, not so but let’s be right, every fan in the league would love to be in Liverpool’s position now, prem league winners elect.
For the record, arsenals invisibles and City’s are the best teams for me.
Plus al take being best team of the last decade. ?
Tash, Don’t be blinded by the £££ signs, City’s gets mentioned as it came so quick, plenty of other teams have spent millions upon millions in the pursuit of the PL.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yes injuries - believe we are down to 13 fit senior players right now and because of that people’s aren’t being rotated out to get a rest during an intense period with the extra game - we have currently two cb’s, three CM’s and a forward6 out injured

The reason you maybe down to 13 first team players is as much to do with your tiny squad as it is bad luck. I’ll explain why below.

Only going by what I could find on the fantasy site for squads, but you have 8 defenders. Well the 3 of last nights 4 will play every week. Then you have had two injuries, but in theory that’s a good things as now England’s best cb can secure his place having been overlooked when all 3 were fit. So that’s 6 first team plus Williams and Phillips. Who??

Onto the midfield. Henderson and wijnaldum are first choice. They play week in week out. Keita has been injured most his time with you, would say If Fabinho fit then obv takes the 3rd spot. He’s actually managed 11 games this season so far. With Milner, ox, Lallana covering the rest. Again you still have Shaqiri there too. Plus jones. Elliot and Camacho.

In attack, Salah, mane and firminho take pl the game time bar a couple of early season starts for origi. Then of course there is Brewster who along with most of the unheard of names above has zero minutes.

Honestly having too much time on my hands I just checked every team. The average minutes played by each teams top 11 players was 1440 minutes, VVD, TAA, Robertson, Wijnauldum, Mane, Salah and Firminho have all played that much, with Henderson just below. Of course you’ve played a game less, so Henderson will be mere minutes below that after that game.

The two positions you’ve struggled appearance wise anyways are your gk was injured early doors, and you’ve not had a settled cb pairing be that through injury currently, or Klopp not having a preference for the rest of the time.

Unsurprisingly enough, the smaller clubs top players aged more minutes than this with bigger squads. That said, on average a teams preferred 11 have started 76% of the time. Sheffield Utd top at 88%, City at 70%. Liverpool, there 78%. Comfortably in the area of teams who’ve managed to consistently name a settled team.
Right of I’m to have a beer and head butt a wall.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The reason you maybe down to 13 first team players is as much to do with your tiny squad as it is bad luck. I’ll explain why below.

Only going by what I could find on the fantasy site for squads, but you have 8 defenders. Well the 3 of last nights 4 will play every week. Then you have had two injuries, but in theory that’s a good things as now England’s best cb can secure his place having been overlooked when all 3 were fit. So that’s 6 first team plus Williams and Phillips. Who??

Onto the midfield. Henderson and wijnaldum are first choice. They play week in week out. Keita has been injured most his time with you, would say If Fabinho fit then obv takes the 3rd spot. He’s actually managed 11 games this season so far. With Milner, ox, Lallana covering the rest. Again you still have Shaqiri there too. Plus jones. Elliot and Camacho.

In attack, Salah, mane and firminho take pl the game time bar a couple of early season starts for origi. Then of course there is Brewster who along with most of the unheard of names above has zero minutes.

Honestly having too much time on my hands I just checked every team. The average minutes played by each teams top 11 players was 1440 minutes, VVD, TAA, Robertson, Wijnauldum, Mane, Salah and Firminho have all played that much, with Henderson just below. Of course you’ve played a game less, so Henderson will be mere minutes below that after that game.

The two positions you’ve struggled appearance wise anyways are your gk was injured early doors, and you’ve not had a settled cb pairing be that through injury currently, or Klopp not having a preference for the rest of the time.

Unsurprisingly enough, the smaller clubs top players aged more minutes than this with bigger squads. That said, on average a teams preferred 11 have started 76% of the time. Sheffield Utd top at 88%, City at 70%. Liverpool, there 78%. Comfortably in the area of teams who’ve managed to consistently name a settled team.
You’ve got no idea what you’ve just done ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tash, Don’t be blinded by the £££ signs, City’s gets mentioned as it came so quick, plenty of other teams have spent millions upon millions in the pursuit of the PL.

oh I know that Paul, but it would of been mentioned by one teams supporters ? thought I would get it in early. Happy new year Paul me man.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Stop it facts are no good.
Go by Twatter or radio 5 live it’s much more concrete

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies if image above is poor quality, just done on phone. But this was pulled together last season. Shows some interesting stats. As a Newcastle fan manu winning with 75 pts in 95/96 is most gutting.
Also, got to feel bad for West Ham in 03.

Remember the season well.

Was my first as a season ticket holder. Had saved my money from my paper round to get a season ticket for that year (my last year at school)

We didn't win a single home game until January!! Was mental

Record points to go down

Such a great load of talent sold off for next to nothing.. Cole to chelsea for 6.6 million was day light robbery .. same with Johnson was hoping he would stay about after just breaking through

Carrick to his credit stayed.. sold for a criminal 2.7 million to the spuds and the idiot chairman at the time included no sell on clause.?!!! So when he went for what 17 million the following season to man United was a double kicker

Did enjoy the 2 seasons In the championship though.. 3 season were down their in past 20 years and I had a season ticket for all 3 of those. Great football to watch. Much better results for us lol.. went to 2 of the 3 play off finals.. missed the second one due to surgery

First one was amazing staying in the players hotel the night before meeting noble (hadn't broken into the team yet) etherington. Carrick.. repka .. all had a nice healthy breakfast next morning except good old Brian Deane.. tucking into a full English (well prob full Welsh.. it was Celtic manor after all)

D

Deleted member 15344

In regards the tiny squad

Had a look at the registered players with the Prem League as what you could say is the first team squad

We registered 23 but that doesn’t include the likes of TAA or Elliott etc

Man City also registered 23 but doesn’t include Foden for example

Liverpool’s squad is not tiny as such but I guess perception could make it look that way

Also I don’t think you can just look at minutes played in regards Prem only when the squads also played - CL , League Cup , and even the World Club thing which will have an affect of the squad

Looking from the back - Alisson is IMO the best GK in the world but at times this season we have had to deal without him

The backline - the manager started with Matip and VVD as that was is first choice CB pairing at the end of the season previously - so we lose one of them , then the next steps in and we also lose him , so now we are down to two main senior CB’s with youngsters filling the bench.

In the middle - Fabinho is first name down , Henderson , Milner , Lallana Ox , Keita and Gini would be rotating around but we are now without three of them so again

The three guys up front will play most of the games with Origi and Shaqiri coming in ( also Ox ) but right now Shaqiri is out so it’s just Origi being there to come in

So last night we had Lallana and Origi as just the two senior players on the bench - if you have no choice to have 3 youth players on the bench then you have not a crisis but an injury issue - it may not look like it because it’s not currently affecting the main spine but the issue is not losing the main guys ( which would be a whole different issue ) but it’s right now not having the ability to rotate and rest players through a very hectic period within the calender

So yep when someone looks and sees that it’s the same line up week in week out it doesn’t look like there is an issue with injuries but when you look at the level of games that we have played since the start of the December then as I said I find the fitness levels to be amazing because those same players have played so many games.

we right now have to keep fingers crossed because it won’t take much more before a youth player is having to play 3/4 games in a row.

Cheers for the response and enjoy the pint

In other injury news I see Kane is our again for a couple of months - this time with his hamstring , so will mourinho go out and get another striker ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Liverpool can only beat whats in front of them but what’s in front of them is weaker.
The big 6 five of them are weaker.
Leicester are better than last year but not when they won it.
I’m sure you will get 100 points or more but you only imo get the trophy not the best of all time.
I have praised Klopp and Liverpool by the way,they deserve the title

Correct they can, we may not have been at our swashbuckling best but there’s more than one way to win a game.
4 may be weaker, I’d say Leicester are above were they expected to be.
If we get 100pts then great but the trophy Is the only one that matters, the underlined bit is open to discussion/ opinion.
I know you’ve been complimentary about Klopp ??