Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

When you win the league it's rather like your scorecard in golf, it doesn't say how you won it, how pretty it was, the opposition etc, it just says you won that season. Why would anyone care what others think if your teams name is on that trophy?

Some will, it’s human nature. I won’t.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Liverpool will win the league, and I have to be honest if they were to match Arsenal and remain unbeaten (and at the moment it definitely could happen then) then it wouldn't be a major surprise although a long way to go but they are finding the way to win matches even when not playing their very best. I do think Klopp is on the way to making Liverpool a real force in Europe and at home in the way the great managers of the past did back in the 70's and 80's. Simply the best in the PL by a long way and no need for statistics or arguments about squad size to water down what they've done so far.

For me the issue will be how much will City spend to get back to winning the PL. Can the so called big clubs ever find a squad good enough, deep enough and consistent enough to regularly challenge both Liverpool and City. At the moment I can't see anyone behind City in a position to challenge.

D

Deleted member 1740

Liverpool will now be thinking of emulating the Invincibles aa they have the title sewn up. If I was Klopp I would be putting out the kids against Everton

Liverpool will not be thinking about emulating anyone. The mentality is next game as boring as it sounds, it’s worked to this point.

No way hose A. You don’t know how unbearable they’d be if they knocked us out ??

Strongest team possible, Knock them feckers out the cup and end their season.

Then throw the kids in who played against Villa.

D

Deleted member 16999

Liverpool will not be thinking about emulating anyone. The mentality is next game as boring as it sounds, it’s worked to this point.

No way hose A. You don’t know how unbearable they’d be if they knocked us out ??

Strongest team possible, Knock them feckers out the cup and end their season.

Then throw the kids in who played against Villa.
Season ended a long time ago, happy to be knocked out by your first team, imagine if your kids beat us! :eek::eek:

D

Deleted member 16999

You’s haven’t won at Anfield this Century, long may it continue.
Well aware of that mate, we both know we will win there eventually, but if we lose sunday then no issue if it’s against the first 11.

Written off this season, finish mid-table and see what Ancelotti does for next season and the 4 years beyond.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well aware of that mate, we both know we will win there eventually, but if we lose sunday then no issue if it’s against the first 11.

Written off this season, finish mid-table and see what Ancelotti does for next season and the 4 years beyond.

You’d expect so, I just don’t want it happening Sunday.

I’m surprised you’ve written off a potential cup run under Ancelotti, it could be the spring board for success in coming years.

Hopefully not like. ?

D

Deleted member 16999

You’d expect so, I just don’t want it happening Sunday.

I’m surprised you’ve written off a potential cup run under Ancelotti, it could be the spring board for success in coming years.

Hopefully not like. ?
Had too many false dawns over the last 25yrs;)
Had a chance with the Carabao, FA Cup run would be nice, but I’d rather he concentrate on getting us as high as possible up the league this year.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No I was watching Rooney play.
You had your strongest team starting again I presume.
Might think about dusting the violin off soon :)

Welcome to the 11% - which camp you wanna be in?

You said "Injuries are when your down to 13 and it’s youth players on the bench."

I proved to you thats exactly what we had last night.

If you want to counter it or argue, bring it on.

If you want to ignore the exact situation that you used as a criteria, and not admit that that was what happened, let me know what size you want your half-wit t-shirt in. (y)

D

Deleted member 1740

Had too many false dawns over the last 25yrs;)
Had a chance with the Carabao, FA Cup run would be nice, but I’d rather he concentrate on getting us as high as possible up the league this year.

Yeah I remember “beat Villa and we go 2nd” ?

D

Deleted member 16999

https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/unbeaten-team-XI-5cb579ab66e6904fe95cd516650dbcf6.html

Was torn between Lampard for his 67 deflected goals and Pires’ consistent diving/winning pens ?
Serious question so we don’t get the slagging off.

Why Alison? Has he seriously been tested? Not saying he’s not a top keeper, but since he’s arrived your defence has been a different level.

Is it potential you see or honestly believe he’s better now than Cech ever was?