Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Your highlighting a single word and eye roll emoji just proves my point, you take it personally and believe your opinion is more valid than others who think different to you so cannot accept that even though Liverpool are doing well others will see the achievements differently.

You think they're looking to be as good as city, i don't because city did it with a different style and more flair, thats my opinion. What Liverpool are doing is still great in their own right. Why as a Liverpool fan can you not accept that this is a great achievement in its own way, why do you need to compare it to City, why does it need to be as good as them.

Surely you should be enjoying in its own right for what it is Liverpools best season in the PL instead of comparing it..

You appear to be reading far too much into everything - maybe just dial back a bit , less paragraphs better quality

Ok - I made a simple comment that I don’t think the team will get the credit it deserves from many sources - from what I witness - it’s as simple as that. Nothing more - have a nice day enjoy the sun ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can taste the bitterness ??

If we win it and get the 100+pts it will be a massive achievement, just like when City done it. 19,23,25pts were the difference between 1st and 4th that season and on current form of the teams below, it wont be far off those points total. Most importantly though weve got to get the job done.

The league hasnt weakend, some teams have underperformed just like 2017 but that doesn't taint Citys achievement.
You keep convincing yourself Stu.
All the top teams apart from you are weaker I’m sure most people can see that.
Weaker teams equal weaker opposition equals a weaker league.
I’m not bitter I’m more than that.
That doesn’t take away the fact,and I’ve always said this Klopp has done a great job.
Liverpool are impressive and are playing good football.
It won’t last forever it never does.
You enjoy it as I’m sure you will it’s well deserved.

Wolf

Visit site
You appear to be reading far too much into everything - maybe just dial back a bit , less paragraphs better quality

Ok - I made a simple comment that I don’t think the team will get the credit it deserves from many sources - from what I witness - it’s as simple as that. Nothing more - have a nice day enjoy the sun ?
And there it is. The old Phil returns as usual a small back track rather than admit someone else has a valid point and then to go and state less paragraphs better quality..

Not reading to much into it, im directly quoting and replying to your posts.. Pot and kettle springs to mind. As always the Forum Ballotelli returns true to form #whyalwaysme or should i say #whysalwaysLP ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But that's the thing Phil they aren't looking as good as City did, City played football that was just another level and more entertaining than Liverpool do. Thats not taking anything away from what Liverpool are currently doing but its a totally different style and works for Liverpool.
Can we save this for the end of the season for when Liverpool have an extension on the trophy cabinet. I think it’s a good topic to discuss.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
And there it is. The old Phil returns as usual a small back track rather than admit someone else has a valid point and then to go and state less paragraphs better quality..

Not reading to much into it, im directly quoting and replying to your posts.. Pot and kettle springs to mind. As always the Forum Ballotelli returns true to form #whyalwaysme or should i say #whysalwaysLP ?

You do have to wonder why he’s always in the middle of these “debates” as he likes to call them ??

Wolf

Visit site
Can we save this for the end of the season for when Liverpool have an extension on the trophy cabinet. I think it’s a good topic to discuss.
What's the point discussing anything then Tashy if have to wait till seasons end, doesnt change the style of football being played now which is being discussed. The discussion end of season would become more akin to is this Liverpool team as good as Utds 1999 team that won PL, CL & FA Cup, as they would have surpassed City's single season successes but again just my opinion. All discussions are valid at anytime people have to be willing to listen though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Far from it

My comment about being as good as City was in regards the level of the results and the success - you started going on about style of play etc , I never mentioned anything about style of play ( hence why I believe you were going into it too much )

I don’t care what the style is , it’s about the results and right now we are very close to being the best start the league has seen ( irrelevant of style ) - that puts the team “at the moment” up with anything seen in the league

You do have a valid point in regards how fans see the team etc - I don’t recall saying you didn’t

it’s a simple thought- I don’t think the current Liverpool team will get as much credit as they possibly imo deserve when over the years other teams have been eulogiesed - just what I see on social media , in websites , phones in etc . It was just a throw away comment that I certainly didn’t expect the reaction

I’m loving the season - it’s great to watch , I think the way the team play is superb and above all the level of fitness imo is something never seen before even more so when considering the level of injuries we have ( which are quite significant right now )

Wolf

Visit site
Far from it

My comment about being as good as City was in regards the level of the results and the success - you started going on about style of play etc , I never mentioned anything about style of play ( hence why I believe you were going into it too much )

I don’t care what the style is , it’s about the results and right now we are very close to being the best start the league has seen ( irrelevant of style ) - that puts the team “at the moment” up with anything seen in the league

You do have a valid point in regards how fans see the team etc - I don’t recall saying you didn’t

it’s a simple thought- I don’t think the current Liverpool team will get as much credit as they possibly imo deserve when over the years other teams have been eulogiesed - just what I see on social media , in websites , phones in etc . It was just a throw away comment that I certainly didn’t expect the reaction

I’m loving the season - it’s great to watch , I think the way the team play is superb and above all the level of fitness imo is something never seen before even more so when considering the level of injuries we have ( which are quite significant right now )
Sorry Phil didn't get to the end of those paragraphs... What was it you said try less paragraphs better quality ??‍♂️.....

For the record its called opinion thats why I mentioned style because thats part of my opinion.

D

Deleted member 1740

That doesn’t take away the fact,and I’ve always said this Klopp has done a great job.

I dont have to convince myself of anything Tone.

You said getting 100pts would be because of weaker sides, Leicester have Improved on last season, city are still a great side. IF we do get it, itll be no lesser achievement than when City done it.

City have had 2 immense seasons, its almost impossible to dominate for longer periods without others catching up.

Anyway it's all irrelevant, we havent won it yet.

I've been through the last 30 odd years you dont need to tell me it doesnt last forever.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Far from it

The reasons you see more negatives Phil, are twofold. 1, it's about your team. 2, the bigger the club, the bigger the backlash. Thinking you're being treated or commented on worse than previous teams really does come across as paranoid.

As to the injuries.
Really? Your squad players may be taking a hit, but last few weeks you've played pretty much full strength. Mane, salah, firminho, taa, Robertson, vvd, gomez, Henderson, wiljnaudan, all been available all season have they not?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lets chuck some oil on the fire :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...h-man-city-goals-score-fixtures-a9268531.html

Nice of them to do an open training session on live tv last night too ;)

I agree with a lot of it, but we havent had the "short cuts" that 2 others have.

I do believe in a greater share of wealth around the PL and the CL and EL, so that a Notts Forest, Leicester, Villa, Everton and many more can happen again, not the "super-clubs" getting ever bigger "cuts" of the pie, seeding, rights etc etc.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It depends on your perspective though (and I dont mean bitterness, BTW).

You could argue that the league is stronger, because more people are beating each other (outwith of us, so far). Nowadays a Palace dont have to sell their best players because the big clubs come knocking with high wages and transfer fees, until it gets ridiculous and they can then command a massive fee instead of a big fee (VVD, Maguire). 10-20 years ago, Zaha would have well gone by now.

Only 6-7 months ago, we had 2 all English European finals which had never been done before, and thats before you include City also.

It depends on perspective, man U can compete in the big games, but not so much the lower end of the table, again, competitive.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Far from it

Phil, like on here there are some people who are worth discussing with, arguing with, and 90% you can do that with, then there are the 5% half-wits, then there are the cowards that use social media to say things that they would never say face-to-face. I try (and sometimes fail) to not argue with the other 10%, or try to ignore them. I dont do twitter really, Facebook a little bit, but if you are regularly on all 3 you will see increasing amounts of the 10% as the season goes on. Luckily the 90% will have different (but reasoned views) on our achievements, if any, this year.

If i'm being honest, I still think on their day that City play prettier football more often. If we win the league, party-time, if we get 102 points, brilliant, if we go unbeaten, immense, but worry about all of them if and when they happen, and maybe then argue about the best of all time. Its a harder argument when we havent even won the damn thing yet.(y)