Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Such an impressive performance- especially off the back of a heavy load of fixtures and suffering a lot of injuries. Clinical with a lot of control. The team won’t get the plaudits they deserve but it’s going to be close the best Prem team seen.
Think that's a little overhyped considering the standard of opposition. Put that level of dominance against City or another of the bigger sides and then I'd agree 100%. I do however think you could go on and emulate the invincibles

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Such an impressive performance- especially off the back of a heavy load of fixtures and suffering a lot of injuries. Clinical with a lot of control. The team won’t get the plaudits they deserve but it’s going to be close the best Prem team seen.

They're getting loads of plaudits already.

Imo the best Premier league teams win more than one title in a row though. Wasn't there a start that had spurs as the top points scorers over a 3 year period? Whilst winning nowt. Fwiw I am sure you will win this season, But if you don't then for all the good football. Nobody is gonna call you the best pl team.

Arsenal have the invincibles, City the Centurions and UTD the proper treble winners. You can join them this year. But only. If you win it.

Wolf

Visit site
Think that's a little overhyped considering the standard of opposition. Put that level of dominance against City or another of the bigger sides and then I'd agree 100%. I do however think you could go on and emulate the invincibles

Which would prove Phils point that thet coukd ve argued as one ofnthe best Prem teams ever seen. We had the invincibles and if they emulate that they'd be only the 2nd team in Premier league history to achieve that feat which imo looks better in the history books than a points tally thats high but includes a loss. It woukd show the coach and players at such a level they literally were unbeatable and thats going to go into the record books forever as arguably one of the greatest prem teams.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Which would prove Phils point that thet coukd ve argued as one ofnthe best Prem teams ever seen. We had the invincibles and if they emulate that they'd be only the 2nd team in Premier league history to achieve that feat which imo looks better in the history books than a points tally thats high but includes a loss. It woukd show the coach and players at such a level they literally were unbeatable and thats going to go into the record books forever as arguably one of the greatest prem teams.

Tbf though, he claimed people were under playing Liverpool, which imo they aren’t.

Also, if they go the whole season undefeated it’ll be with 100+ points. Most people I know rate city’s centurions as a better team than the ones who got 90.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tbf though, he claimed people were under playing Liverpool, whisk imo they aren’t.

Also, if they go the whole season undefeated it’ll be with 100+ points. I know I rate city’s centurions as a better team than the ones who go 90.

Go on social media and there are literally posts all over the place with the same stuff - tainted title because of VAR , opposition weak , City injuries , lucky etc etc blah - they are under playing Liverpool - it’s not about how well we are playing it’s about how poorly others are playing.

Wolf

Visit site
Tbf though, he claimed people were under playing Liverpool, which imo they aren’t.

Also, if they go the whole season undefeated it’ll be with 100+ points. Most people I know rate city’s centurions as a better team than the ones who got 90.
I don't disagree with your first point. But the second comes down to pure opinion, I'd rate any undefeated season above a high points tally but thats just my opinion. Id also rate Fergies 90sides above City's 100 point team for the sheer dominance in the league, like everything though its all a matter of personal opinion.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Go on social media and there are literally posts all over the place with the same stuff - tainted title because of VAR , opposition weak , City injuries , lucky etc etc blah - they are under playing Liverpool - it’s not about how well we are playing it’s about how poorly others are playing.
Shock horror, fans of other clubs slagging you off. Just like when city win it’s because of the billions instead of respecting the great foot they still played. Or romans cash at Chelsea, or red nose owning refs.......

Actual football fans exist outside of social media and have imo much more realistic opinions. You’ll always find more bad online than good.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't disagree with your first point. But the second comes down to pure opinion, I'd rate any undefeated season above a high points tally but thats just my opinion. Id also rate Fergies 90sides above City's 100 point team for the sheer dominance in the league, like everything though its all a matter of personal opinion.

I think undefeated may be a better achievement. The fact it’s only been done once makes it outstanding.

I just wouldn’t say by default it makes the team better. I think if city had won this year then they’d imo be the greatest team as it would have been 3 years of close to 100 points. But that’s not gonna happen now.

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Shock horror, fans of other clubs slagging you off. Just like when city win it’s because of the billions instead of respecting the great foot they still played. Or romans cash at Chelsea, or red nose owning refs.......

Actual football fans exist outside of social media and have imo much more realistic opinions. You’ll always find more bad online than good.
Id agree with all of that. When Utd dominated the 90s many people slated ot saying it was because other teams were weak not because Utd were strong. Blackburn were accused of buying a title by many, Chelsea were accused of the same, then City as well. We were accused of luck and favourable referees when we went unbeaten. All Liverpool are experiencing now is the same thing other successful teams have, when your winning people from the outside want to knock you down, Liverpool fans instead of being frustrated at it should learn to embrace it because with success comes envy of others, enjoy the success while your at the top because if you can't then you'll always be bitter to others as well.

Edit: I should add Leicester were the same many knocked their title win saying it was because other teams were poor.. It doesn't matter what others say or do, title winning teams can only beat whats in front of them, others are just jealous and trying to justify why their team failed.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Id agree with all of that. When Utd dominated the 90s many people slated ot saying it was because other teams were weak not because Utd were strong. Blackburn were accused of buying a title by many, Chelsea were accused ofnthe same, then City as well. We were accised of luck and favourable referees when we went unbeaten. All Liverpool are experiencing now is the same thing other successful teams have, when your winning people from the outside want to knock you down, Liverpool fans instead of being frustrated at it should learn to embrace it because with success comes envy of others, enjoy the success while your at the top because if you can't then you'll always be bitter to others as well.

Tbf I’m still disgusted that arsenal made me feel remotely sorry for Pompey when Pires won one of the dirtiest pens Ive ever seen. That being said, I’d not have wanted them to be the team that stopped ya!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Id agree with all of that. When Utd dominated the 90s many people slated ot saying it was because other teams were weak not because Utd were strong. Blackburn were accused of buying a title by many, Chelsea were accused of the same, then City as well. We were accused of luck and favourable referees when we went unbeaten. All Liverpool are experiencing now is the same thing other successful teams have, when your winning people from the outside want to knock you down, Liverpool fans instead of being frustrated at it should learn to embrace it because with success comes envy of others, enjoy the success while your at the top because if you can't then you'll always be bitter to others as well.

Edit: I should add Leicester were the same many knocked their title win saying it was because other teams were poor.. It doesn't matter what others say or do, title winning teams can only beat whats in front of them, others are just jealous and trying to justify why their team failed.
The season that ‘The Mighty Rovers’ Sorry ‘Once Mighty’ won the title, 25 years’ ago this year they spent LESS money than Man U that season. FACT

D

Deleted member 1740

Tbf I’m still disgusted that arsenal made me feel remotely sorry for Pompey when Pires won one of the dirtiest pens Ive ever seen. That being said, I’d not have wanted them to be the team that stopped ya!

Youre not suggesting Titles have been won by players cheating are you? If only we'd had VAR then......

I forgot they'd had 12 draws that season

Wolf

Visit site
The season that ‘The Mighty Rovers’ Sorry ‘Once Mighty’ won the title, 25 years’ ago this year they spent LESS money than Man U that season. FACT
Completely agree with you and well aware of that, yet there were still droves of fans saying they'd bought the title with their spending on Shearer, sutton and a few others. Even heard it mentioned recently on a talksport interview. No surprises many of those saying they'd bought the title were Utd fans. Proves my point though when someone is successful others try to find a way to shoot them down and belittle the accomplishments.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Youre not suggesting Titles have been won by players cheating are you? If only we'd had VAR then......

I forgot they'd had 12 draws that season

Like I said, it’s just one I recall due to the dirty feeling of sympathy I had for the blue shower.......

I’m sure a few other teams may have bent rules too. Before the mighty reds attempt to win the first honourable post var title......

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another 3pts for the unbearables as the Klopp express rolls on.

A very good performance against a well organised team who offer a threat.
Yes they made it very difficult,two nice goals though.
Very inconsistent of VAR ,pulling shirts was supposed to be a pen. (On VVD he may of scored )

D

Deleted member 15344

Completely agree with you and well aware of that, yet there were still droves of fans saying they'd bought the title with their spending on Shearer, sutton and a few others. Even heard it mentioned recently on a talksport interview. No surprises many of those saying they'd bought the title were Utd fans. Proves my point though when someone is successful others try to find a way to shoot them down and belittle the accomplishments.
I have no doubt that when a team is successful they will get shot down by oppo fans - that’s expected but maybe it’s just me but last year every man and his dog eulogised over City ( apart from the rivals ) about the way they played - best ever team etc etc.

I can’t quite put my finger on it but there just seems maybe resentment that we are currently doing well.

Wolf

Visit site
I have no doubt that when a team is successful they will get shot down by oppo fans - that’s expected but maybe it’s just me but last year every man and his dog eulogised over City ( apart from the rivals ) about the way they played - best ever team etc etc.

I can’t quite put my finger on it but there just seems maybe resentment that we are currently doing well.
Your just describing exactly what ive said. Others being jealous of your success. You can't put your finger on it because as a fan of the club you're taking the criticism personally instead of objectively. You only see resentment because that's what you want to see and of course there's going to be some as others are jealous they're team isn't performing.

As for City last season they did play exceptional football that hasn't been seen before from English teams in many a year if ever. Even our invincibles didn't play football of that quality and nor have Liverpool this season, but what Liverpool have done this season is find a way to win games and get results where they couldn't before..

D

Deleted member 15344

Your just describing exactly what ive said. Others being jealous of your success. You can't put your finger on it because as a fan of the club you're taking the criticism personally instead of objectively. You only see resentment because that's what you want to see and of course there's going to be some as others are jealous they're team isn't performing.

As for City last season they did play exceptional football that hasn't been seen before from English teams in many a year if ever. Even our invincibles didn't play football of that quality and nor have Liverpool this season, but what Liverpool have done this season is find a way to win games and get results where they couldn't before..
I’m not just talking about fans though - journos , pundits , sports presenters etc etc

Wolf

Visit site
I’m not just talking about fans though - journos , pundits , sports presenters etc etc
What do you expect everyone to fawn over you. It just doesn't happen like that anymore, we live in a critical world. There is just as much good press and coverage as their is negative, but you seem to want to focus purely on the bad and want it all to be good. Pundits have a job to do and sometimes talking a team diwn or saying thungs favour Liverpool gets them their headlines. Is that any different to when the press coined the term "Fergietime" or Alan Hanson publicly live on air saying Utd won't win anything with kids. Its always happened to all teams and always will. You just take things very personally instead of objectively, no different to when someone on here doesn't fawn over Rory you defend him, yet have been known to slate Tiger. We all have that in use whether as fan's, media or players. People like to knock others to prove their own arguments right.