Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Serious question so we don’t get the slagging off.

Why Alison? Has he seriously been tested? Not saying he’s not a top keeper, but since he’s arrived your defence has been a different level.

Is it potential you see or honestly believe he’s better now than Cech ever was?

You’ve answered your own question.

Seriously, he’s Top Top draw. Love him.

Cech was Superb and I’m not putting him down but Cech couldn’t play football like Alisson does. There’s probably not much between them but I’ve watched Alisson closely for 18 months and trust me, he’s brilliant.

D

Deleted member 16999

You’ve answered your own question.

Seriously, he’s Top Top draw. Love him.

Cech was Superb and I’m not putting him down but Cech couldn’t play football like Alisson does. There’s probably not much between them but I’ve watched Alisson closely for 18 months and trust me, he’s brilliant.
Fair one, cheers.
Like I said, I’m not doubting he’s a top keeper, but I can’t (as a neutral) remember many, or any actually, games over the last 18 months were I’ve watched it and thought he’s been the difference.

D

Deleted member 1740

Fair one, cheers.
Like I said, I’m not doubting he’s a top keeper, but I can’t (as a neutral) remember many, or any actually, games over the last 18 months were I’ve watched it and thought he’s been the difference.

Napoli last season?

Honestly he doesn’t get spoken about like DDG etc but he is comfortably world class.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the 11% - which camp you wanna be in?

You said "Injuries are when your down to 13 and it’s youth players on the bench."

I proved to you thats exactly what we had last night.

If you want to counter it or argue, bring it on.

If you want to ignore the exact situation that you used as a criteria, and not admit that that was what happened, let me know what size you want your half-wit t-shirt in. (y)
I don’t really care to be honest what percentage you put me in it means nothing to me.
As I said I didn’t watch your game or see your team sheet,however your still putting your best team out regardless of injuries.
Time will tell if those injuries hurt your title ambitions I certainly doubt it.
I also made an argument about the league being weaker but I believe you and Stu didn’t counter that argument well.
I think most will say it’s weaker especially the big 6 teams.

D

Deleted member 1740

Alisson is good but f

But proven better than Cech at his peak? Behave...

Behave?? It’s an opinion.

See post #7876

Cech at his peak couldn’t play football as comfortably as Alisson does now. He’s the complete goalkeeper.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don’t really care to be honest what percentage you put me in it means nothing to me.
As I said I didn’t watch your game or see your team sheet,however your still putting your best team out regardless of injuries.
Time will tell if those injuries hurt your title ambitions I certainly doubt it.
I also made an argument about the league being weaker but I believe you and Stu didn’t counter that argument well.
I think most will say it’s weaker especially the big 6 teams.

Basically you wont admit your wrong then.

Goodnight.(y)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Behave?? It’s an opinion.

See post #7876

Cech at his peak couldn’t play football as comfortably as Alisson does now. He’s the complete goalkeeper.

Judge footballers for their time. Schmeichel couldn’t make passes like Ederson but he was still the better keeper. Gary Neville couldn’t display the athleticism of TAA but he’s still the better right back.

If Alisson continues as he has so far then he could become better than Cech but it’s a game of longevity when it comes to being the very best.

D

Deleted member 1740

Judge footballers for their time. Schmeichel couldn’t make passes like Ederson but he was still the better keeper. Gary Neville couldn’t display the athleticism of TAA but he’s still the better right back.

If Alisson continues as he has so far then he could become better than Cech but it’s a game of longevity when it comes to being the very best.

If we’re judging them for their time, then no Liverpool players should be in there because they’ve only been together for 2-3 seasons.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Not sure too much credit should be given to longevity if I’m honest. Atm I’d have DDG amongst the best pl keepers ever, but if he makes a few major mistakes a season for the next 4/5 years does that discredit how good he was at his peak?

D

Deleted member 16999

No it’s not, it was a choice between 3 keepers in one season, check the link.

Was Cech as good as Allison at the same age? Pointless question as that’s not what the link is asking and why Schmeichel and Neville were not an option.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
If we’re judging them for their time, then no Liverpool players should be in there because they’ve only been together for 2-3 seasons.
I agree for the most. But some have done enough like VVD and Salah over multiple seasons at different teams. And TAA has no serious rival in the link. Lauren was always the weakness in that Arsenal defence.
No it’s not, it was a choice between 3 keepers in one season, check the link.

Was Cech as good as Allison at the same age? Pointless question as that’s not what the link is asking and why Schmeichel and Neville were not an option.

Discussions evolve. It’s gone beyond just that link.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bergkamp and Drogba have scored 191 goals between them and Aguero has scored 174 and counting and he is not in the team. ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree.

Discussions evolve. It’s gone beyond just that link.
Has it? All answers came from Stu’s posts which were on point, ie Alison and his ability in one season compared to Cech and his one season.
No one else went off point!

D

Deleted member 16999

Bergkamp and Drogba have scored 191 goals between them and Aguero has scored 174 and counting and he is not in the team. ?
ffs tash, City aren’t in the link, it’s only Arsenal, Chelsea and LPool:eek: