Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How many match goers on here 10-12 maybe?

If Tashy goes through with his threat not to go, thats maybe 8-10%, if that continues into the mainstream, could make a big difference.

Most of the extra money in the game has gone to agents and the players and managers. If it went back to the main income being at the gate, football would re-adjust over time, probably for the better. lets go back to it being affordable and players just being on 10k a week (more than enough).

3 or 4 as season is more than enough games to count myself a match goer. In fact, with the last 2 years of football. I’d say it’s too much!!

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, but:-

A. He was inconsistent throughtout the game, so this was the cherry on the cake of a poor performance anyway. Jeez, Wolves must have taken at least 3-4 illegal throw-ins nevermind all of the other stuff, including some poor decisions against Wolves. The throw ins arent even at speed.

B. He does have VAR as a back up, so for him to whistle for something that didnt happen is porr, especially when he could have asked the VAR guy to just "check" for handball, as its very important what a ref gives initially, as it changes the "burden of proof" when a VAR official has to overturn an original decision compared to just confirming or denying a suspicion of a foul, especially if he isnt 95% sure. It does make a big difference.
Let’s say the Wolves keeper saved Mane’s shot and goes for a corner, Taylor would of been just as wrong, but the decision wouldn’t of been checked.

I totally agree about other areas and VAR being the issue, ie, an attacking team can “cheat” by taking a free kick 1-3 yds closer to the goal or a throw-in 5-10yds further down the line or win a corner when they are last to touch it, all very clear decisions, but VAR isn’t there for those decisions.

Maybe, and I agree it’ll ruin the game more, but maybe it’s all or nothing for technology or 3 appeals per team per 45 minutes.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The segregation is if following LB suggestions that only match going fans are asked about VAR or consulted when it’s not just them that watches the games.

As for the VAR when it happens - as I said needs better communication within the stadium so that they know what’s going on , it happens in rugby , hockey , cricket , tennis etc - communication is key to making it work and right now it’s poor

The scheduling has always been a bone of contention for fans - it’s part of getting the telly money which helps pay for those top players etc - vicious circle and don’t know what the answer is to that

Direct question - If the FA ever do votes/consultation with regards to kick-off times, VAR, rules and other parts of the game, they should include equally Asian/American/African subscribers as an equal part to regular match goers?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Let’s say the Wolves keeper saved Mane’s shot and goes for a corner, Taylor would of been just as wrong, but the decision wouldn’t of been checked.

I totally agree about other areas and VAR being the issue, ie, an attacking team can “cheat” by taking a free kick 1-3 yds closer to the goal or a throw-in 5-10yds further down the line or win a corner when they are last to touch it, all very clear decisions, but VAR isn’t there for those decisions.

Maybe, and I agree it’ll ruin the game more, but maybe it’s all or nothing for technology or 3 appeals per team per 45 minutes.

Good point, but he did blow after the ball went in the net (not sure if it was due to reaction time, or by design).

3 appeals per match for me, decided by the captain of the team within 30 seconds, takes a lot more controversy out of it, and potential amount of usages, as currently you could conceivably have 10-15 a match, whereas that has a maximum of 6, and not all 6 may actually get used up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Direct question - If the FA ever do votes/consultation with regards to kick-off times, VAR, rules and other parts of the game, they should include equally Asian/American/African/Norwegian subscribers as an equal part to regular match goers?
They can ask that lot by being at Anfield for any home game, ask them via direct link to their ipads.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Good point, but he did blow after the ball went in the net (not sure if it was due to reaction time, or by design).

3 appeals per match for me, decided by the captain of the team within 3 seconds, takes a lot more controversy out of it, and potential amount of usages, as currently you could conceivably have 10-15 a match, whereas that has a maximum of 6, and not all 6 may actually get used up.
Agree, Use em or lose em.(y)

VAR proved whistle went after ball entered the goal, probably by accident.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone seen the Moyes press conference?

Comedy gold. Moyes has been on the Christmas sauce, mentioning possible Champions League and how not many mangers win as much as him etc.

They are 4th from bottom, he is talking as if WH are 4th from top and he is Pep :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Direct question - If the FA ever do votes/consultation with regards to kick-off times, VAR, rules and other parts of the game, they should include equally Asian/American/African subscribers as an equal part to regular match goers?

Kick off times - no

VAR and rules - no vote to anyone

It’s not up to the fans to decide the laws and rules of the game - they don’t in any sport

3 appeals per match for me, decided by the captain of the team within 30 seconds, takes a lot more controversy out of it, and potential amount of usages, as currently you could conceivably have 10-15 a match, whereas that has a maximum of 6, and not all 6 may actually get used up.

The last thing the game needs is appeal process during the game - the first time someone uses it when the opposition is on a fast break and all hell breaks loose.

Have always been against VAR because for me it doesn’t work with the flow of the game and right now the way it’s being implemented by the Prem is ruining the game BUT it’s being implemented it seems far better in other countries - Australia seem to be doing it well , it worked well in the Ladies World Cup , CL seems to work better yet as per normal the Prem League have done it worse than anyone else

Bring it better communications , ref goes to the pitchside monitors and he makes the choice - needs to be done quicker

D

Deleted member 16999

Kick off times - no

It’s not up to the fans to decide the laws and rules of the game - they don’t in any sport

The last thing the game needs is appeal process during the game - the first time someone uses it when the opposition is on a fast break and all hell breaks loose.

Have always been against VAR because for me it doesn’t work with the flow of the game and right now the way it’s being implemented by the Prem is ruining the game BUT it’s being implemented it seems far better in other countries - Australia seem to be doing it well , it worked well in the Ladies World Cup , CL seems to work better yet as per normal the Prem League have done it worse than anyone else

Bring it better communications , ref goes to the pitchside monitors and he makes the choice - needs to be done quicker
The Captan would appeal at the next stop in the game!

As for the Aussie example, the fans or the players don’t get the insight, that’s purely for TV Audiences.
How does that help frustration in the ground.

Wasn’t VAR controversial in the CL last season?

Totally agree the pitch side monitor needs using.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have had numerous examples of corners being given and its clear as day on regular sky coverage.

Why can't a ref be notified immediately.

These are clear errors never mind the rest of the nonsense. If they cant get that right then they will never get the rest of it right.

D

Deleted member 16999

We have had numerous examples of corners being given and its clear as day on regular sky coverage.

These are clear errors never mind the rest of the nonsense. If they cant get that right then they will never get the rest of it right.
Agreed, but according to the PL, VAR is not there for those decisions.o_O

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Roboref gets it right every time, and tasers any player who argues with him.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kick off times - no

But VAR is possibly the most controversial change in the game in my lifetime and if players, refs, managers can give their input, who not the fans? Is this not segregation?

I'm not saying that they decide the rules and laws alone, but if the others opinions are sought, why not the fans also?

I can understand pro and anti-VAR stances, but to me the main process is the biggest factor, it should be the players/mamnagers to decide when used, rather than the officials. Until we give it a go we wont know if it can be an improvement.

Are you still happy with all handballs being a foul/penalty?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The R&A did ask golfers what they thought about rule changes ,and by and large have done a good job.

Football could do a similar consultation and just ask the fans their opinions on certain things.
Could be ready for next season if they start soon .

But they would probably mess the questions up!

D

Deleted member 15344

But VAR is possibly the most controversial change in the game in my lifetime and if players, refs, managers can give their input, who not the fans? Is this not segregation?

I'm not saying that they decide the rules and laws alone, but if the others opinions are sought, why not the fans also?

A level of VAR has been inputted into a number of other sports without the need of the input from fans - why does football need it ? When they introduced goalline technology they didn’t need to speak to the fans

I can understand pro and anti-VAR stances, but to me the main process is the biggest factor, it should be the players/mamnagers to decide when used, rather than the officials. Until we give it a go we wont know if it can be an improvement.

Has not been implemented this season because the clubs and managers agreed to it ?

Are you still happy with all handballs being a foul/penalty?

I’m not happy with the way it is now - how can one person handle it in the area accidentally and it be fine and someone else do it and it result in a free kick ?

Either it’s a foul for both or it’s ok for both

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
The saving grace to choosing this season to introduce VAR so badly is that at least nobody can lay even the smallest claim to Liverpool being undeserving champions because of it. Would have been a potential nightmare with how close last season was!

It won't be particularly exciting, but I hope the bottom 3 this season is equally clear cut. Then sort out the mess in time for next year.