Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Wow, nothing better than a proper over reaction rant.
It’s not though - you have pointed the finger of blame in regards VAR at “armchair fans” as it’s they are the ones that have demanded VAR is brought in and used in this way

Far from it because I don’t see or read any armchair fan demanding VAR was brought in - in fact I have had a chat with Pete on here about it stating I don’t think it should be brought in because it won’t work - and so far it’s showing to be exactly that -, it’s shocking and it’s worst than what I believed it would be , more than happy to see it removed totally and stick to goal line stuff - but you have a clear narrative and a clear distain towards people who just watch at home on the telly.

If you want to blame someone blame the Prem League and FA and UEFA and FIFA and the players and managers - they are the reason VAR was brought in - not the person sat watching Sky

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Ham United can confirm that Manuel Pellegrini has left the Club with immediate effect.

It's been coming he doesn't seem to inspire the players

Not all his fault ofc

However rumours of Moyes being lined up .. should have kept him tbh he kept us up and then we went for the fancy manager and didn't renew his deal. He deserved a contract for doing what he was employed to do

Also made Arnie a decent striker

Will see what hAppens .. needs backing in the window

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apparently it was given offside as he judged to have come from an offside position but when the ball is played he’s onside........

It doesnt matter, if you make a run from an offside position and receive the ball directly, even if in an onside position, they normally flag (although not always).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It's been coming he doesn't seem to inspire the players

Not all his fault ofc

However rumours of Moyes being lined up .. should have kept him tbh he kept us up and then we went for the fancy manager and didn't renew his deal. He deserved a contract for doing what he was employed to do

Also made Arnie a decent striker

Will see what hAppens .. needs backing in the window

Moyes expected to be announced within 24hrs, so he’s been spoken to and primed, and with a Leicester team resting 9 players and still winning, well enough was enough.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Moyes expected to be announced within 24hrs, so he’s been spoken to and primed, and with a Leicester team resting 9 players and still winning, well enough was enough.

Baffling subs have cost him

1-1 bring off Haller for Antonio

Should ha e been lanzini with Antonio playing off Haller

Then takes lanzini off for ajeti to go two up top with a player who hasnt scored yet

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a great deal of respect for most of your opinions, Stu, but you definitely look down on people who don't go to matches and/or don't support the team from the town they were born in.
It's not necessary and doesn't reflect well on yourself.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One significant way TV has ruined the game for the match going fan : Crazy kick off times make watching football live a painful experience.
On a more meta level, because of TV money, owners and the EPL give literally zero s****s about the match going fan. There is plenty that could be done to improve their lot if people cared. It's 45 years since I went to my first live match, and it was a lot more fun then than it is now. What sort of industry would be happy that its 'customers' feel that way?

D

Deleted member 16999

But that’s what a being a City fan is, 40 years of purgatory and still finding it unbelievable what’s happening today. Yet letting it all out. Could of written it me self.
Are you comfortable on that fence?;)

D

Deleted member 15344

One significant way TV has ruined the game for the match going fan : Crazy kick off times make watching football live a painful experience.
On a more meta level, because of TV money, owners and the EPL give literally zero s****s about the match going fan. There is plenty that could be done to improve their lot if people cared. It's 45 years since I went to my first live match, and it was a lot more fun then than it is now. What sort of industry would be happy that its 'customers' feel that way?

The problem is the industry has grown way beyond just the customers in the ground - they are now unfortunately the minority in the fanbase - the people who watch on telly all over the world now go into the billions and it’s that money which attracts the players and managers etc into the club - yep the change of the kicks off to suit the telly schedule is poor for the guys who travel home and away - but the Prem League wrongly will always look at where the big money comes in - telly contracts. That’s the “customers” the industry looks after.

The money from the contracts has given the club a lot of good things but it’s also changed the sport a lot - and not all good.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But that’s what a being a City fan is, 40 years of purgatory and still finding it unbelievable what’s happening today. Yet letting it all out. Could of written it me self.
Maybe it's an age thing? Not because we are shouting at clouds (though maybe we are), but because if you are of a certain age there was more regional identity and pride than there is now.
Sense of place means so little today. I visited some junior relatives over Christmas. They live in Hove, so are fortunate enough to be within range of a prem club, but one supports city, the other, Spurs. Crazy and a little sad.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yet but who is looking down there nose, my grief is not with armchair fans, there a long way down a list of my grief with football at the moment. Am fortunate I go and sit on me settee. Hence see both sides.
YEs me to.
VAR was to stop big clubs getting decisions against smaller clubs.
It’s was those managers who were complaining most.
It’s just being mismanaged.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
?

Exactly that - not sure how anything to do with VAR can be blamed on “armchair” fans

And people watching on telly also at times haven’t got a clue what’s going on with it

Armchair alliance!!!!

They'll be swapping chocolate and Rum across no Man's land, next.

You're in trouble, Stu. :love:

D

Deleted member 1740

It’s not though - you have pointed the finger of blame in regards VAR at “armchair fans” as it’s they are the ones that have demanded VAR is brought in and used in this way

Far from it because I don’t see or read any armchair fan demanding VAR was brought in - in fact I have had a chat with Pete on here about it stating I don’t think it should be brought in because it won’t work - and so far it’s showing to be exactly that -, it’s shocking and it’s worst than what I believed it would be , more than happy to see it removed totally and stick to goal line stuff - but you have a clear narrative and a clear distain towards people who just watch at home on the telly.

If you want to blame someone blame the Prem League and FA and UEFA and FIFA and the players and managers - they are the reason VAR was brought in - not the person sat watching Sky

It is. I’ve stated many times that the media, Sky in particular , have set the agenda and the fans peddle the idea the need for VAR in the game.

The armchair fan comment isn’t aimed at anyone on here, it’s a general comment. I’m sorry if you don’t agree with my opinion or if it offends you Phil but to suggest I have a clear disdain towards people who don’t go the game is absurd.

I totally understand there’s many reasons why people don’t go to football matches, being priced out is a massive one. I have been on many demonstrations against ticket prices, price caps, and even walked out on my own team after 77 minutes in protest to massive price hikes in ticket prices, that wouldn’t have affected my Seson Ticket price, in solidarity with my own.

Where was you that day?

So you carry on being holier than thou.

D

Deleted member 1740

I have a great deal of respect for most of your opinions, Stu, but you definitely look down on people who don't go to matches and/or don't support the team from the town they were born in.
It's not necessary and doesn't reflect well on yourself.

Disagree with part of that slime.

I don’t look down on people who don’t go to matches at all and if my posts come across like that then that’s something I’ll look to sort out.

I have an opinion that you should support your local team 1st and foremost. What’s wrong with that? I know many lads from all over the country who support Liverpool, but not only that they support the local communities, the city and respect its culture. There’s more to a city than just a successful football team.

D

Deleted member 16999

Disagree with part of that slime.

I don’t look down on people who don’t go to matches at all and if my posts come across like that then that’s something I’ll look to sort out.

I have an opinion that you should support your local team 1st and foremost. What’s wrong with that? I know many lads from all over the country who support Liverpool, but not only that they support the local communities, the city and respect its culture. There’s more to a city than just a successful football team.
You just can’t help yourself, first armchair supporters, then none locals and now Everton!;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: