Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

not for me, until they can prove how they know which frame to freeze it on to draw their lines for when the ball is kicked, theyre currently guessing/choosing which one they want

only a matter of time until there is a chip in the ball and the players studs then us armchair fans can know for sure were not being cheated ;)

Personaly I'd rather it was canned all together but That can be improved with over time.

We cant have the arm chair fans not knowing exactly what's going on now can we ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personaly I'd rather it was canned all together but That can be improved with over time.

We cant have the arm chair fans not knowing exactly what's going on now can we ?

Me too :) If they go the chip route theyll even be able to let you game going stalwarts know almost instantly too and then we can all be happy :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Nobody is "looking down the nose at Armchair fans" at all. I just find most of the people who moan actually dont go the game and demand/ want changes to football like VAR. It's ok sitting at home saying yes that's the right decision after it's taken 3 minutes to decide and 100 replays angles.

Now as a fan being in the ground many times this season where var is being used its ruining the enjoyment of going. Add in the £59 cost per game it's becoming something it never was and not for the better.
Can’t and never seen or heard how an armchair fan has demanded anything.

The cost of the ticket is down to greedy owners, there is now more money in the game than there’s ever been.

I totally agree VAR has a bigger effect on the match going fan, but also it has benefitted the match going fan, (Spurs fans in the CL Semi last season etc) nothing worse years ago being at the game and losing only to see later on MOTD that a bad decision has cost you the defeat.

Something needed doing and it still does, but the game is evolving and I can’t see it going back to previous ways.

D

Deleted member 1740

He goes to one away game an he's the fountain of all knowledge ? what did you have for tea when you got back bro?

??‍♂️

??? we never got back to ours til 5 past 2, we had to go back and rescue Tage's coach as it had broke down about 40 mile behind us, fuming ran out of ale too ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
LCFC changed all outfield players except Jonny Evans from the Liverpool match. Could be a master stroke by Rodgers, the A team looked to have lost their confidence and the B team have come in and brought back the winning mentality. Was expecting a dip in form for a few more games, but maybe we can get on a winning run again.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I seen that, also heard mono ordered you's back whilst in Barbados ?

does Tage have his own coach now or does he still go with the irregulars?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know a single fan, armchair or not, who approves of VAR. Nor any armchair fan who had the powers of persuasion to get it introduced.

As a kid I was footie mad and played every minute I could. Dad couldn't afford a leather football so got me the cheap plastic ones from the garage. The times I had to punch Freddie or Peter from next door for kicking it into the rose bush and busting it! Living in rural Northamptonshire the options to watch quality footie were somewhat limited. I watched the local semi-professional side Wellingborough Town every home game and also Northampton Town when I could. I also watched Irthlingborough Diamonds who became Rushden & Diamonds...saw that dream born and die again. For as long as I can remember my side were City - think originally I liked the colour as Sky Blue is my favourite. I wanted to support a team I saw on MotD and one I could listen to on the radio and hear their results without having to buy the local pink paper. I have loved City through thick and thin - mainly thin. Every Saturday at exactly 3pm I'd say "Come on City" as if I was there wishing them well at the referee's whistle. I have shed more tears than I care to remember. My Dad took me to my first City match at West Brom - we lost 5-0. I'd try and see them a few times a season and got tickets for the Full Members Cup at Wembley...we lost of course.

I could go on but I'll always be seen around here as an armchair fan who brought ruin to the game by demanding a system like VAR to make my armchair viewing more palatable :(

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah I seen that, also heard mono ordered you's back whilst in Barbados ?

does Tage have his own coach now or does he still go with the irregulars?

Yeah Roy just mumbled to the lads in front and big KevO was fuming. We'd just got past burton aswell.....its only 15 minutes away was the shout.....more like an hour 15 ? think it was Tage's, got his fingers in every pie now...

D

Deleted member 1740

I don't know a single fan, armchair or not, who approves of VAR. Nor any armchair fan who had the powers of persuasion to get it introduced.

As a kid I was footie mad and played every minute I could. Dad couldn't afford a leather football so got me the cheap plastic ones from the garage. The times I had to punch Freddie or Peter from next door for kicking it into the rose bush and busting it! Living in rural Northamptonshire the options to watch quality footie were somewhat limited. I watched the local semi-professional side Wellingborough Town every home game and also Northampton Town when I could. I also watched Irthlingborough Diamonds who became Rushden & Diamonds...saw that dream born and die again. For as long as I can remember my side were City - think originally I liked the colour as Sky Blue is my favourite. I wanted to support a team I saw on MotD and one I could listen to on the radio and hear their results without having to buy the local pink paper. I have loved City through thick and thin - mainly thin. Every Saturday at exactly 3pm I'd say "Come on City" as if I was there wishing them well at the referee's whistle. I have shed more tears than I care to remember. My Dad took me to my first City match at West Brom - we lost 5-0. I'd try and see them a few times a season and got tickets for the Full Members Cup at Wembley...we lost of course.

I could go on but I'll always be seen around here as an armchair fan who brought ruin to the game by demanding a system like VAR to make my armchair viewing more palatable :(

Wow, nothing better than a proper over reaction rant.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well al tell you this for nowt, when your playing in empty stadiums coz the match day experience is crap. Tell me it’s crap then.

People won’t stop going to a game because of VAR - teams aren’t suddenly going to have an empty stadium because the people in the stadium haven’t been told what they are checking

Your answer is part of the problem, Stu you can shove your enjoyable experience at £52 a ticket coz your club got £200 million. Guess what, me and Stu were going 30 years ago before Salah and KDB were even born.

What does when you and Stu being born have to do with anything ? The game become more than just a match going fan decades ago and all the clubs get the benefit of that
Before tv killed the game for match going fans.

Since when did Tv kill the game for someone who goes to the match ? And that “tv” is the reason why City have been successful over the last 8 years or so

And we will be supporting them in 30 years time? There’s been comments about people looking down there noses at armchair fans. Me personally I think it’s worse saying match going fans can shove it coz TV paying armchair fans pay more.

There will be thousands of “armchair” fans who have supported the teams for 30 years and will support them for another 30 years and I don’t recall one person saying match going fans can shove it and also don’t believe anyone has said an armchair fan pays more ?!

But armchair fans contribute plenty to their respective clubs - football and mainly the premier is worldwide now and the growth of the premier league has allowed the top players to play for the Prem clubs , it’s the reason why Oil billionaires have bought and ploughed money into those clubs to buy the best players and allow the clubs to win the trophies - you get to cheer your team to win titles with the help of telly money and armchair fans. Clubs are more than just the 50k that turn up to watch the team. There are thousands and thousands of fans of the top clubs all around the world that would love to watch their team every single week from the stands but they can’t - and it’s such a shame that people that are lucky to be able to watch from the stands turn their nose up and look down on others. A fanbase is more than just the core that can go to a game.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m with Tash on this Var is ruining the game and I feel for the match going fan.
I’ve been there and when your team scores the stands erupt the buzz is addictive,you can hug and cuddle someone you’ve never met.
Now you will still do that but with trepidation,going from a massive high to a massive low in a minute or two.
Yes if it carries on stadiums will not be full.
I’m an armchair supporter now but will watch far less games than ever before.
I will also sit in my chair as opposed to jumping around until var has concluded and by that time the buzz has gone.