Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with you lot even though it's saved us. He's never offside there, in the entire history of the game that would have been seen as level with the defender. And it still should be. How can you say the man in the studio stopped it at the right frame as when he played the ball, or drew the line up from the players knee correctly or whatever? Just because we've got the tech doesn't mean you can define it to 1mm. It just needs looking at with the naked eye (on the replay) and say he's either clearly off or he's level. Why can't it be that simple.

It's is that simple, VAR is just another excuse to pay more officials to get it wrong. There's 4 pitch side, if they can't get it right they shouldn't be there.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
If var is good for 1 thing it's offsides, no amount of wailing will change that.
Lots of confusion from some of you about offsides and the term clear obvious error .

D

Deleted member 1740

Anyone else think that the VAR centre gave the offside for the wrong reason (ie coming back from an offside position) then covered their arses with some oddly drawn lines and claimed that as the reason once they realised their error? Or am i further down the conspiracy route theory than most haha

#teamfundy

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No confusion from me, it’s shite, pure & simple, and offside isn’t always offside imo, it’s not 100% that you can score with your shoulder, so as Stu states, how can having a part of your shoulder in front by millimetres be advantageous. It needs reviewing, and quickly.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is this the future, really!!

Attachments

• 66A8FD2A-DA9B-4811-8226-8B5280E34E71.jpeg
    66A8FD2A-DA9B-4811-8226-8B5280E34E71.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 19
D

Deleted member 15344

They done the majority of the Cry arsing on SM when decisions went against them calling for VAR during the games. Sky have massively pedalled the “ refs need help”, “ a video ref is needed” etc lines.

VAR didn’t get implemented because of people watching on telly complaining about poor decisions - it was nothing to do with the fans. Clubs and managers video analysis the games to the 9th degree and they are the reason why it was brought in - not the “armchair fans”

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is it too late to send Aurier a Christmas card ??

im not sure how he gets a place, he can’t cross, his defending is debatable, I’ve not seen him have even half a decent game, I hope he stays for years to come ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is the result of the “rules in black & white” brigade.

I hope the armchair fans are happy with what they’ve got, as match going fan it’s horrible.

I'm actually surprised that us mere armchair fans are allowed on a forum to discuss football. :mad:

In other news, Norwich are playing some fabulous football and thoroughly deserve to be in front, but unfortunately it's all about VAR.
They must get it right or bin it.
I really hope Norwich avoid relegation ....................... I love listening to their manager, too.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that us mere armchair fans are allowed on a forum to discuss football. :mad:

In other news, Norwich are playing some fabulous football and thoroughly deserve to be in front, but unfortunately it's all about VAR.
They must get it right or bin it.
I really hope Norwich avoid relegation ....................... I love listening to their manager, too.

I don’t think your getting what Stu C is saying. The beautiful game was built by the passion of fans going to games. Following there team for 30 plus years when they have not won a title or cup City and Liverpool. Those same fans that go are forgotten by the tv money and the very “ armchair “ fans that pay Sky, BT, Amazon etc etc TV money. TV fans see every angle conceivable.yet what do match going fans see. Sod all. Don’t get me wrong, tash will be an armchair fan next year. Ave seen both sides and as a match going fan, they are getting the stinky end of a shitty stick.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t think your getting what Stu C is saying. The beautiful game was built by the passion of fans going to games. Following there team for 30 plus years when they have not won a title or cup City and Liverpool. Those same fans that go are forgotten by the tv money and the very “ armchair “ fans that pay Sky, BT, Amazon etc etc TV money. TV fans see every angle conceivable.yet what do match going fans see. Sod all. Don’t get me wrong, tash will be an armchair fan next year. Ave seen both sides and as a match going fan, they are getting the stinky end of a shitty stick.

What I don't get is the looking down the nose at armchair fans. Not everyone is able to go to games. I do think those fans that turn up week after week, all over the country are the true die-hard fans but don't like getting sneered at for being an armchair fan (and carpark golfer)!

Also..."Armchair fans like what they've got"...did we really ask for VAR? I certainly didn't and am pretty sure Sky et al pouring over every angle and slagging off referees plus the huge amounts of money at stake, are more the culprit for its introduction. It has ruined the game as a spectator sport full stop - live or on the box. When Pukki (love that name) scored I cheered but choked it short as there was every chance it may not stand. Seeing the VAR decision is even more frustrating.

D

Deleted member 16999

Aren’t you and Stu sitting in armchairs tonight moaning about decisions?

Bringing VAR in has nothing to do with you being at the match or watching it at home, it is about getting the decisions correct.

Just because the system is not being used correctly or the rules should of been clarified prior to them bringing it in has no bearing on were supporters are when these decisions are being well and truly messed up.

D

Deleted member 15344

Aren’t you and Stu sitting in armchairs tonight moaning about decisions?

Bringing VAR in has nothing to do with you being at the match or watching it at home, it is about getting the decisions correct.

Just because the system is not being used correctly or the rules should of been clarified prior to them bringing it in has no bearing on were supporters are when these decisions are being well and truly messed up.
?

Exactly that - not sure how anything to do with VAR can be blamed on “armchair” fans

And people watching on telly also at times haven’t got a clue what’s going on with it