Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Of course they aren’t. Liverpool with their first league win in almost thirty years approaching, in a notoriously difficult part of the country to attract players to are the biggest draw in world football and will only attract the biggest and best in the world.

I must have missed where someone has said that ?

D

Deleted member 1740

VAR strikes again, we’re talking millimetres ffs, it’s killing the game ?

I think all the Chairmen, Owners, managers etc need to call an EGM, this can’t continue, surely ?

Apparently it was given offside as he judged to have come from an offside position but when the ball is played he’s onside........

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Apparently it was given offside as he judged to have come from an offside position but when the ball is played he’s onside........

Well because we don’t know what the decision has been based on, other than offside, we’re guessing that that’s the case and not those stupid lines showing his erect nipple was in front ?

D

Deleted member 15344

VAR just keeps on ruining the game - I don’t think any fan or player or manager supports it in its current form

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I am still in support of var, but they need to change the rule for offside.

Make it feet versus feet an attackers skill/instinct is being punished now. If they start to even head in the wrong direction they get punished.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They’ve just said he was offside in the build up, but they need to clarify that more, in fact there you go, it’s after or as the ball was passed, so we’re talking stupid millimetres again which isn’t a clear & obvious error by an official, this is sterilising the game beyond enjoyment.

D

Deleted member 1740

They’ve just said he was offside in the build up, but they need to clarify that more, in fact there you go, it’s after or as the ball was passed, so we’re talking stupid millimetres again which isn’t a clear & obvious error by an official, this is sterilising the game beyond enjoyment.

This is the result of the “rules in black & white” brigade.

I hope the armchair fans are happy with what they’ve got, as match going fan it’s horrible.

D

Deleted member 1740

Never off side, even the officials cant agree why it was disallowed

How can that technology prove he’s ahead of the centre half when it s from behind the play and not inline? It’s pathetic.

Also, what advantage has he gained from that position?

D

Deleted member 15344

This is the result of the “rules in black & white” brigade.

I hope the armchair fans are happy with what they’ve got, as match going fan it’s horrible.

It’s not their fault that VAR was brought it and is poor

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with you lot even though it's saved us. He's never offside there, in the entire history of the game that would have been seen as level with the defender. And it still should be. How can you say the man in the studio stopped it at the right frame as when he played the ball, or drew the line up from the players knee correctly or whatever? Just because we've got the tech doesn't mean you can define it to 1mm. It just needs looking at with the naked eye (on the replay) and say he's either clearly off or he's level. Why can't it be that simple.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Given there was an awareness that Pukki himself was offside and made efforts to get back onside I think to judge him offside is plain wrong. Something has to change, I'd love to see it modified to count as the trailing edge, if any of the player is on side then it's fair game, if we are to judge by millimetres then it's gone too far, hell why not put a sensor in each players shirt.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t stand var one bit, wish it never came in. It’s too subjective for fouls.

But surely offside is offside and is a matter of fact, just like a ball being 1mm over the line is a goal. I don’t mind it tbh

D

Deleted member 1740

Agree with you lot even though it's saved us. He's never offside there, in the entire history of the game that would have been seen as level with the defender. And it still should be. How can you say the man in the studio stopped it at the right frame as when he played the ball, or drew the line up from the players knee correctly or whatever? Just because we've got the tech doesn't mean you can define it to 1mm. It just needs looking at with the naked eye (on the replay) and say he's either clearly off or he's level. Why can't it be that simple.

Define clearly?? ??

Offside is about gaining an advantage, being offside because your shoulder is past the last defender isn’t gaining an advantage.