Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It was a foul - the player was impeded but Mahrez also dived because the contact didn’t mean Mahrez had to swan dive

Penalty but would have also booked Mahrez

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So it’s only a foul If he stands on his foot on purpose, ? why would he do that.
I didn’t say that. Of course some fouls aren’t necessarily on purpose.

But you said someone shouldn’t do it by accident or not. The very definition of an accident is something done unintentionally. You can’t stop yourself doing something unintentionally.

D

Deleted member 15344

I dont know what would annoy me most if I was a citizen, Mendy losing the ball how he did or the fact he showed no remorse afterwards instead laughed/smirked.

Mercenaries just after the money and don’t care

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I didn’t say that. Of course some fouls aren’t necessarily on purpose.

But you said someone shouldn’t do it by accident or not. The very definition of an accident is something done unintentionally. You can’t stop yourself doing something unintentionally.

So it’s still a foul, but that’s the fourth time it’s happened to a City player this year. 4 accidents, yet some have been penalty’s, some haven’t. I am of the way of thinking that some accidents that were part and parcel of the game before VAR are now being shown up for what they are. Eg shirt pulling in the box.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I
So it’s still a foul, but that’s the fourth time it’s happened to a City player this year. 4 accidents, yet some have been penalty’s, some haven’t. I am of the way of thinking that some accidents that were part and parcel of the game before VAR are now being shown up for what they are. Eg shirt pulling in the box.
I don’t think shirt pulling is ever an accident tbh. I don’t know the incidents you’re referring too. Am looking forward to peps interview ?

D

Deleted member 1740

On yesterday’s performance he couldn’t have done much more apart from score.

You’ve got a point he’s not been at his usual best but to say he’s been shocking is an over reaction.

He’s still put a shift in every time he’s played. I think he’s still carrying an injury caused by Choudhury.

He didn’t look happy going off, most players don’t.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On yesterday’s performance he couldn’t have done much more apart from score.

You’ve got a point he’s not been at his usual best but to say he’s been shocking is an over reaction.

He’s still put a shift in every time he’s played. I think he’s still carrying an injury caused by Choudhury.

He didn’t look happy going off, most players don’t.
I watched him carefully and I agree I think he has a problem.
If so why is he playing, get it sorted.
I just think it highlighted it , the whole team were fantastic but Salah looks out of sorts ,imo .
We scored three goals when he went off, but should have scored 8/9
I was nervous when we were only 1-0 up. And missing so many chances.

It’s just my nature, I was a troubleshooter and was trained to look for faults.
( maybe I should keep it to myself! Not really moaning just frustrating seeing so many chances go begging.)
Was very disappointed with Leicester but we just didn’t give them anything.
My initial thought was Brendan was helping us with his tactics as he seemed to get it very wrong.
You can’t give TAA that much room or he will punish you!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

I watched him carefully and I agree I think he has a problem.
If so why is he playing, get it sorted.
I just think it highlighted it , the whole team were fantastic but Salah looks out of sorts ,imo .
We scored three goals when he went off, but should have scored 8/9
I was nervous when we were only 1-0 up. And missing so many chances.

It’s just my nature, I was a troubleshooter and was trained to look for faults.
( maybe I should keep it to myself! Not really moaning just frustrating seeing so many chances go begging.)
Was very disappointed with Leicester but we just didn’t give them anything.
My initial thought was Brendan was helping us with his tactics as he seemed to get it very wrong.
You can’t give TAA that much room or he will punish you!!

Remember these players are human, they’re not perfect and do make mistakes.

We are witnessing an exceptional footballing side, producing some of the finest displays this club has produced just enjoy it.