Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Ederson sent off,a missed pen,retake pen missed and the rebound slotted chaos at Wolves

D

Deleted member 1740

Had to be a penalty. Too many occasions pens have been given for people stepping on ankles. Couldn't say no.

They could. but they wont. that attitude is why refs are so inconsistent. too many times the wrong decision has been given but it has now become the standard.

D

Deleted member 1740

VAR........Oh help me god!:censored:

That was a typical coming together. But didnt Brighton get a pen for something similar few weeks ago against your lot?

I'm just so glad VAR is owned by liverpool ??

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They could. but they wont. that attitude is why refs are so inconsistent. too many times the wrong decision has been given but it has now become the standard.

I think both times I’ve seen it, VAR has ruled it a penalty. Not the ref. I mean having your foot stepped on is blatantly going to disrupt you, but when it’s accidental a penalty seems very harsh.

Just heard the current footballers called snowflakes in a mans game. Twitter could be fun after that by the commentary.

D

Deleted member 18121

Unfortunately the powers that be have created a set of rules whereby handball has different criteria depending on if you're attacking or defending and also different rules on encroachment depending on if you're attacking or defending.

Its a sham really... They seem to be doing their best to ruin the game.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what i cant stand is those who have adjudged it a penalty on the screens can clearly see that it hasnt caused Mahrezs swan dive reaction that he should be booked for not rewarded for

they pick and choose whats a foul and what isnt week in week out without any consistency whatsoever and the paying fan is supposed to just accept the garbage explanations that change depending on who it is

D

Deleted member 1740

Wolves fans are going feral. I’ll be on my own here, but VAR was right in all cases.

He has Impeded Mahrez but not from a challenge, just purely by running with mahrez. That to me is not an illegal challenge. Though I'm sure our resident ref could confirm?

D

Deleted member 16999

That was a typical coming together. But didnt Brighton get a pen for something similar few weeks ago against your lot?

I'm just so glad VAR is owned by liverpool ??
He stood on Mahrez’s foot, intentional or not, I’m not sure, useless commentators don’t help by going on and on about Mahrez going down late after he was pulled back, he went down because he was stood on!

Genuinely don’t think VAR favours any Club, every fan can point to good and bad decisions for their team.

Pete did say it evens itself out over a season though.;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He stood on Mahrez’s foot, intentional or not, I’m not sure, useless commentators don’t help by going on and on about Mahrez going down late after he was pulled back, he went down because he was stood on!

Genuinely don’t think VAR favours any Club, every fan can point to good and bad decisions for their team.

how does standing on his foot cause Mahrez to go down as he does?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He has Impeded Mahrez but not from a challenge, just purely by running with mahrez. That to me is not an illegal challenge. Though I'm sure our resident ref could confirm?

I think its a grey area, similar to the "coming together" of two sets of legs.

One type can be an attacker instigating it, which isnt a pen, one type can be a penalty if the defender runs on a line that is very likely to end up in a foul and the other can just be an accident and no foul either way. I think this was the latter, although I think the one earlier in the season that City didnt get (Silva at Bournemouth???) should have been a penalty.

The one for/against Everton the other week at Brighton also wasnt a penalty. Intent is a large part of it, and rarely does anyone attempt to stand on someones foot in flight, tackle or kick someone yes, but stand on their foot, not for me.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Pack in you!!!! :)