Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just back from the match. Liverpool simply played us off of the park with a great work rate and desire to win the ball. Probably the best team I have witnessed at the King Power in the six seasons I've been going. Unfortunately, Leicester have taken a dip in the last couple of weeks and all of a sudden their confidence seems shot.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just back from the match. Liverpool simply played us off of the park with a great work rate and desire to win the ball. Probably the best team I have witnessed at the King Power in the six seasons I've been going. Unfortunately, Leicester have taken a dip in the last couple of weeks and all of a sudden their confidence seems shot.

That’s probably the most complete performance I’ve ever seen from a Liverpool side. Dominated from the 1st minute.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

GG , Ave seen Leicester batter us at the Etihad when they won the title and last season was proper squeaky bum time. They were so organised and disciplined. When I saw Leicester v City the other week I was gobsmacked. I couldn’t believe how narrow they played. But my main criticism was they just seemed “ to nice”. They didn’t seem to have a Fernandinho who would do the naughty things. The things they did when they won the title.
Re Liverpool, theres a certain ring to English champs, european champs, world champs, Chuck in super cup champs. It seemed Liverpools season was hinged around how they got around Decembers fixtures. There not doing to bad at the moment.

D

Deleted member 1740

I agree
I will also add that TAA performance was up there with any I’ve seen in a long while.

He’s a 21yr old lad putting in performances way ahead of his years, yet he’s still being criticised for not being able to defend by some..?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

That was our best performance in 30+years and you still found something to complain about??

I’m lost for words.
Agree - it was superb , I can’t find fault with it and it made a excellent statement. For me the midfield were outstanding. Just excellent.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree
I will also add that TAA performance was up there with any I’ve seen in a long while.
I thought TAA was outstanding. Was watching him and Ben Chilwell in the second half, TAA is on another level and can be England's right back for many years to come.

D

Deleted member 1740

Agree - it was superb , I can’t find fault with it and it made a excellent statement. For me the midfield were outstanding. Just excellent.

Impossible to pick MoTM, they’ve travelled half way around the world to the desert and put aperformance of that magnitude. Incredible.

D

Deleted member 1740

Madness isn’t it,these players are very rare.
100 games already.
Just has a very bright future.
Best crosser of a ball since Beckham

It is. Though football has changed, fullbacks especially in our team, They are as important offensively not just there to defend.

100 games at the level he’s played at is insane.

D

Deleted member 1740

long term do you think he stays at right back or becomes a midfielder?

It’s a guess but I’d like him to be the worlds best RB than another top midfielder. He’s got the ability though to move into the middle.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It’s a guess but I’d like him to be the worlds best RB than another top midfielder. He’s got the ability though to move into the middle.

Obviously the one fault people find with him is the defensive side. At his age, that will come I’d imagine, and if it doesn’t then at least with the way you play, the positive he brings far our way any deficiencies he may at time show. I think he’s already the best attacking fullback in world football atm tbh.

Selfishly I’d love to see him at cm for England as his creative attributes are ahead of the usual destructive mild field we put together. Plus I think Wan Bisakka is an able rb to keep things tight if the midfield has a little more licence.

D

Deleted member 1740

Obviously the one fault people find with him is the defensive side. At his age, that will come I’d imagine, and if it doesn’t then at least with the way you play, the positive he brings far our way any deficiencies he may at time show. I think he’s already the best attacking fullback in world football atm tbh.

Selfishly I’d love to see him at cm for England as his creative attributes are ahead of the usual destructive mild field we put together. Plus I think Wan Bisakka is an able rb to keep things tight if the midfield has a little more licence.

I get that but sometimes a bit of reality/common sense needs to be used when talking about his fault. He’s a 21yr old elite athlete who is learning every single game. Luckily he’s in the same back four as VVD. Imagine how much better he’d be in Yerniteds defence ☺️☺️

I’d like him to retire from international football ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I get that but sometimes a bit of reality/common sense needs to be used when talking about his fault. He’s a 21yr old elite athlete who is learning every single game. Luckily he’s in the same back four as VVD. Imagine how much better he’d be in Yerniteds defence ☺️☺️

He’d certainly be getting more practice on his defensive work at Utd ??

How old’s Robertson? Mid 20’s? You guys have 4/5 of your defence pretty much sewn up for the next half a dozen years.

D

Deleted member 1740

He’d certainly be getting more practice on his defensive work at Utd ??

How old’s Robertson? Mid 20’s? You guys have 4/5 of your defence pretty much sewn up for the next half a dozen years.

Haha you’re not wrong.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t see him moving to CM , don’t see the need tbh and don’t think it will suit him , he is a right back and imo the best in the league - his defensive work is still excellent as he showed last night with some of his covering at times.

It also great to see Gomez getting back to his best and showing why imo he should be Englands number one CB.

D

Deleted member 1740

I don’t see him moving to CM , don’t see the need tbh and don’t think it will suit him , he is a right back and imo the best in the league - his defensive work is still excellent as he showed last night with some of his covering at times.

It also great to see Gomez getting back to his best and showing why imo he should be Englands number one CB.

I'd like to see that midfield 3 evolve over the next few seasons though.

I thought Henderson was superb last night in that 3. Hes not the class of a KDB but he does a particular job very well.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd like to see that midfield 3 evolve over the next few seasons though.

I thought Henderson was superb last night in that 3. Hes not the class of a KDB but he does a particular job very well.
Fabinho and Keita are going to get develop more and more - it’s then about replacing Henderson as he gets to the twilight of his career but they are already developing to become more than just industrious and are adding creativity plus with Keita and hopefully the Ox adding goals. The new guy from Salzburg will also add more